Are They Coming Home?

Proud Tiger

They're obviously not coming home. Or denuclearizing. 

So if those were really his goals, he failed and then lied about it.

Or maybe they weren't his goals, and he lied about that, too?

What do y'all think it is? Did he fail or did he have objectives that he's not sharing with the American people? If the latter, what might those objectives be? 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How do you know that?

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

How do you know that?

Because 70 years of history teaches us that this is the case.  It's also already been reported by our intelligence sources that NK has re-upped their nuclear capabilities since the meeting with Trump.

honestly i think trump really wanted this and got played.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Because 70 years of history teaches us that this is the case.  It's also already been reported by our intelligence sources that NK has re-upped their nuclear capabilities since the meeting with Trump.

I didn't make it clear but I was referring to the comment about our MIAs coming home.

But at least NK hasn't fired any more missiles and I think maybe there will be more talks.

21 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I didn't make it clear but I was referring to the comment about our MIAs coming home.

But at least NK hasn't fired any more missiles and I think maybe there will be more talks.

I’m sure he’ll want more talks. Hell, he got what he wanted and gave nothing. Why wouldn’t he want more talks. 

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

honestly i think trump really wanted this and got played.

He certainly wanted to brag about it. Curious how much he actually cared about it ever happening. He definitely got played, just like he continues to get played by every dictator and diplomat he encounters. That's what happens when you elect a giant piece of silver spoon garbage instead of a qualified candidate. I swear, this jackass is basically Francis from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

And, of course, he's a one-man circus sideshow and Sarah Huckster has much bigger lies to tell, so the media is too busy with other insanity to hold his feet to the fire on this issue. His moving target strategy has been incredibly effective. 

image.jpeg   Image result for trump

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I’m sure he’ll want more talks. Hell, he got what he wanted and gave nothing. Why wouldn’t he want more talks. 

Would, wouldn't, tomato, tomahto. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So if those were really his goals, he failed and then lied about it.

Or maybe they weren't his goals, and he lied about that, too?

What do y'all think it is? Did he fail or did he have objectives that he's not sharing with the American people? If the latter, what might those objectives be? 

Kim Jong Un said denuclearization but meant nuclearization. #UnToo

No missile launches since talks. That's progress IF it lasts. If he fires another one Trump's reaction will be interesting. I bet China is involved in all this behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He certainly wanted to brag about it. Curious how much he actually cared about it ever happening. He definitely got played, just like he continues to get played by every dictator and diplomat he encounters. That's what happens when you elect a giant piece of silver spoon garbage instead of a qualified candidate. I swear, this jackass is basically Francis from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

And, of course, he's a one-man circus sideshow and Sarah Huckster has much bigger lies to tell, so the media is too busy with other insanity to hold his feet to the fire on this issue. His moving target strategy has been incredibly effective. 

image.jpeg   Image result for trump

I'm just  curious about your definition of a "qualified" candidate.  Does a couple of years as a Senator after being a community organizer make a qualified candidate in your eyes?   

1 hour ago, auburn41 said:

I'm just  curious about your definition of a "qualified" candidate.  Does a couple of years as a Senator after being a community organizer make a qualified candidate in your eyes?   

Hell of a lot more qualified than the current jackass in chief. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No way Hosea as it was proven.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That is very persuasive. Thanks for the intellectual response!

Just now, auburn41 said:

That is very persuasive. Thanks for the intellectual response!

What exactly are you looking for? Besides an argument?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What exactly are you looking for? Besides an argument?

Dude, I’ve been reading this board for about 10 or so years. I go back to Auburneagle days and I have less than 20 posts. An argument is the last thing I want. I would hope you could come up with a reason that the last Pres or the one before that or the one before that is more qualified then the current occupant of the Whitehouse. I expected more than name calling. No need to respond. 

2 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Dude, I’ve been reading this board for about 10 or so years. I go back to Auburneagle days and I have less than 20 posts. An argument is the last thing I want. I would hope you could come up with a reason that the last Pres or the one before that or the one before that is more qualified then the current occupant of the Whitehouse. I expected more than name calling. No need to respond. 

I gave an honest answer. One hour of public service makes someone more qualified to hold public office than trump was, and probably still is. Obama was vastly more qualified and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. trump never held a prior public office in his life. He is far and away the least qualified president in history. And he remains far less qualified than HRC, which was the point of my post that you initially responded to.

You're in the smack talk forum. I suggest you thicken your skin. This was nothing.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I gave an honest answer. One hour of public service makes someone more qualified to hold public office than trump was, and probably still is. Obama was vastly more qualified and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. trump never held a prior public office in his life. He is far and away the least qualified president in history. And he remains far less qualified than HRC, which was the point of my post that you initially responded to.

You're in the smack talk forum. I suggest you thicken your skin. This was nothing.

“Lighten up Francis.”  I’m pointing out that Pres Obama had no experience to be Pres. He was only the 2nd Senator in the last 60 years to be elected Pres and before that he was a community organizer. I don’t even know what that is. . HRC’s only real accomplishment was being Bill’s wife and running the “Bimbo Eruption” team during his Presidency before she got elected as a carpet bagger in the 2nd most DemocRATic state in the US. The most qualified person for the Presidency in the last 50 years was George HW Bush. They called him the resume President because of all the high Government offices he held and he turned out not to be a very good one. Being a good Pres is a lot about being a good leader and giving your constituents the right vision. I know you don’t like Pres Trump but I believe he has given his constituents everything he promised so far and they seem to be happy with him. Also, he has caused you guys on the left to become “UNHINGED.”  I’ll go back to not posting again and laughing at all of this foolishness. Have a good day. 

14 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

“Lighten up Francis.”  I’m pointing out that Pres Obama had no experience to be Pres. He was only the 2nd Senator in the last 60 years to be elected Pres and before that he was a community organizer. I don’t even know what that is. . HRC’s only real accomplishment was being Bill’s wife and running the “Bimbo Eruption” team during his Presidency before she got elected as a carpet bagger in the 2nd most DemocRATic state in the US. The most qualified person for the Presidency in the last 50 years was George HW Bush. They called him the resume President because of all the high Government offices he held and he turned out not to be a very good one. Being a good Pres is a lot about being a good leader and giving your constituents the right vision. I know you don’t like Pres Trump but I believe he has given his constituents everything he promised so far and they seem to be happy with him. Also, he has caused you guys on the left to become “UNHINGED.”  I’ll go back to not posting again and laughing at all of this foolishness. Have a good day. 

That sounds like a good plan to me. You came looking for your argument and didn't like it when you got one. Later.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, auburn41 said:

Well, just for starters he isn't a narcissistic psychopath.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, auburn41 said:

No one has experience at being president the first time they run for office.

Obama was not the most experienced candidate,  but at least his background better prepared him for the job - even the community organizing.  He lectured on Constitutional law at the University of Chicago.  He ran for and was elected Senator of Illinois.  He's an eloquent speaker which reflects an intellect to match.

Trump was born rich and handed a $150 million grubstake. And I suspect he would be richer than he is today if he has simply invested it in the market.  His history reveals a couple of good decisions and a host of bad ones. He has a history of mistreating everyone he comes in contact with.  He declared bankruptcy 6 times (he lied when he said only 4) which harmed many innocent people. Welshing on agreements and daring people to sue him was a standard business practice (as taught to him by the scoundrel, immoral lawyer, Roy Cohen.  He has been involved in 3,500 lawsuits, unprecedented for a presidential nominee.

All of this is evidences his major disqualification - he's a narcissistic psychopath.  That's exactly why his daily behavior is so bizarre.  It's what makes him dangerous for the country.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

No one has experience at being president the first time they run for office.

Obama was not the most experienced candidate,  but at least his background better prepared him for the job - even the community organizing.  He lectured on Constitutional law at the University of Chicago.  He ran for and was elected Senator of Illinois.  He's an eloquent speaker which reflects an intellect to match.

Trump was born rich and handed a $150 million grubstake. And I suspect he would be richer than he is today if he has simply invested it in the market.  His history reveals a couple of good decisions and a host of bad ones. He has a history of mistreating everyone he comes in contact with.  He declared bankruptcy 6 time (he lied when he said only 4) which harmed many innocent people. Welshing on agreements and daring people to sue him was a standard business practice (as taught to him by the scoundrel, immoral lawyer, Roy Cohen.  He has been involved in 3,500 lawsuits, unprecedented for a presidential nominee.

All of this is evidences his major disqualification - he's a narcissistic psychopath.  That's exactly why his daily behavior is so bizarre.  It's what makes him dangerous for the country.

There have been studies that show exactly this.

But yeah, even a relatively short career in public service would make a person far more qualified than trump. And I do mean that in the present tense. He still has less than 2 years in public service under his belt. Yet he's representing our nation and democracy in private meetings with Putin. It's insane. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

There have been studies that show exactly this.

But yeah, even a relatively short career in public service would make a person far more qualified than trump. And I do mean that in the present tense. He still has less than 2 years in public service under his belt. Yet he's representing our nation and democracy in private meetings with Putin. It's insane. 

Yeah, I just didn't bother to look them up.

The quick and dirty estimate I use involves the "rule of 72".  The number of years it takes your money to double is 72 divided by the return rate.

I don't know what the integrated interest rate would be for the market over the period, but I am pretty sure that 50 or so years would give you a lot of "doublings". 

Start with $150 million and it's a pretty safe assumption, even using Trump's net worth estimates (which I think he is concealing).

Unfortunately, many of us "regular folks" had to start with a negative number. ;D

Archived