Father Fighting to Save Six-year-old Son From Gender Reassignment

TitanTiger

A Texas father is in danger of losing parental rights to his six-year-old son because of his refusal to agree with his ex-wife that the boy is transgender. Anne Georgulas, the mother of six-year-old James, is a Dallas-area pediatrician, and claims in a petition seeking to terminate the parental rights of her estranged husband Jeffrey Younger that their son is a “transgender child and, by choice, now goes by the name Luna and is only known by her classmates as a girl.”

The petition seeks to terminate Younger’s parental rights because James reportedly behaves in line with his male gender when he is with Younger. Additionally, Georgulas is asking the court to compel Younger to pay for counseling during which a therapist affirms that James is a girl, and to foot the bill for hormone treatments as part of James’ biological “transition” to the female gender.

On the website SaveJames.com, launched to help stop the “transition” and to assist Younger in protecting his son, James is described as “a normal, happy, healthy little boy — who deserves a chance to be just that.”

The site relates that James has a twin brother, Jude, and that Jeff Younger “is currently in a very tenuous custody battle as he and his ex-wife each fight for full custody. When the boys were 3 years old, Jeff’s ex-wife decided that James should not be a boy. She began dressing him as a girl, calling him by the name ‘Luna’ and enrolled him in ‘social transitioning’ therapy to prepare him for chemical castration. This process can begin at age 8. She has enrolled him in Coppell Schools as a girl. He is currently in 1st grade. The teachers and administrators know that he is a boy, but the other parents and students are unaware.”

According to the site, “Courts have enjoined Jeff from dressing James as a boy at school, from teaching him that he is a boy, and from sharing religious teachings on sexuality and gender. He has been accused of abuse for saying that his son is a boy.”

In his own court filings Younger stated: “Few things are more important to people than the care and rearing of their young. The courts are entertaining government suppression of some of the most fundamental practices and traditions of American families.”

Writing at TheFederalist.com, former transgender individual Walter Heyer, who ultimately rejected his female alter-persona, noted that, contrary to Georgulas’ insistence, the father of James “isn’t seeing signs of gender dysphoria. In the father’s home James appears to be a normal boy and doesn’t identify as a girl. He has a choice of boy’s or girl’s clothes there, and he chooses to dress as a boy. The fact that James changes gender identity depending on which parent is present makes the diagnosis of gender dysphoria both dubious and harmful.”

Heyer, who has worked with Younger in his efforts to defend his child, added that when James is away from his mother, “he consistently rejects the idea that he is ‘Luna girl’ or that he wants to be a girl. Because the court prohibits dad from dressing James as a boy or from teaching him that he is a boy by sharing religious or science-based teachings on sexuality, dad presents James with male and female clothing options and James always chooses, even insists on, his boy clothes.”

Heyer warned that time is of the essence to save James from being forced into a false gender role. “The diagnosis is critical because labeling a child with gender dysphoria can trigger a series of physical and mental consequences for the child and has legal ramifications in the ongoing custody case,” Heyer wrote. “Get it wrong and young James’ life is irrevocably harmed.”

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30809-father-fighting-to-save-six-year-old-son-from-gender-reassignment

The criteria for a diagnosis of childhood gender dysphoria are that a child be persistent, consistent, and insistent about being the opposite sex. James’s mom is “all in” on the diagnosis of gender dysphoria and assisting with social transition. She used the name Luna to enroll him as a girl in first grade, and provides only female clothes.

Meanwhile, Dad isn’t seeing signs of gender dysphoria. In the father’s home, James appears to be a normal boy and doesn’t identify as a girl. He has a choice of boy’s or girl’s clothes there, and he chooses to dress as a boy. The fact that James changes gender identity depending on which parent is present makes the diagnosis of gender dysphoria both dubious and harmful.

The transition therapist has observed that James is not consistent, insistent, or persistent in the desire to become “Luna.” For example, a dossier filed with the Dallas court says that, under the skilled eyes of the therapist, the child was presented two pieces of paper, one with the word “James” and one with the word “Luna,” and asked to pick the name he preferred. When the appointment only included his mother, James selected Luna, the name and gender he uses at his mother’s home and in his first-grade classroom. When the appointment was only with his father, however, James pointed to the boy name James, not the girl name.

The glaring disparity between a child’s preferred identity when in the presence of one parent versus the other should cause a therapist to reassess, perhaps nullify the diagnosis of gender dysphoria, and terminate any steps toward transition. But in the case of James, this  hasn’t happened...

https://thefederalist.com/2018/11/26/mom-dresses-six-year-old-son-girl-threatens-dad-losing-son-disagreeing/

There are a few things troubling about this.  First, is something we've discussed before - even if you believe that the kid is driving this, there is significant evidence that a large majority of them do not persist with these feelings into adolescence or adulthood.  It's irresponsible to be pushing this on a kid or thinking about chemical castration or hormone blockers at such a young age.

But when you couple that with the other aspects of this, it's worse.  The child's transition therapist isn't seeing the criteria of "consistent, insistent, and persistent" with James identifying as a girl.  The mother started dressing James as a girl and calling him "Luna" at 3 years old and yet even as the age of 6, he's not consistently and persistently identifying this way?  He insists on wearing boy clothes when at his dad's and it's only when the mom is around on therapists visits that he points to Luna as his preferred name?  Something there is fishy.  

There's the account from a family friend about how James behaves when with them and playing with their boys:

Sarah Scott is a family friend and mother of three boys who frequently play with James and his brother. She and her husband are sensitive to allowing James to lead the way in gender choices such as names, pronouns, and clothing. I asked her the obvious question: “How do you know James does not want to be a girl?” Sarah responded in an email with several examples she’s seen of James’ desire to remain a boy:

Friday, Sept. 21: We had the boys over. The boys took turns telling stories and James made up a story about five little boys (himself, his brother and my three sons) who were such good friends that they magically turned into pumpkins, so they could stay in the pumpkin patch together forever. He didn’t say kids. He specifically and happily referred to himself as a boy.

Saturday, Oct. 20: We all went on a walk to the park. We had such fun! It had rained the night before. On the walk, James slipped and got his clothes dirty. He asked if he could borrow some of my boys’ shorts and if I could wash his clothes. I said sure! — and went to grab something he could wear. While I was looking, he said, ‘Guess what Mrs. Sarah?  You don’t need to find a shirt because boys don’t have to wear them if you’re hot!’ I laughed and told him I guess that’s a good thing about being a boy! He said, ‘Yes, it is!’

Saturday, Nov. 3: His mother came to pick up the boys to take them to [his brother’s] soccer game. James hugged his dad and said, ‘Love you.’ He refused to go to the soccer game as a girl with mom and stayed with dad. That evening they came to our house.

This doesn't strike me as a child who is confused about what gender he is or wants to be. 

Finally, it's this muzzling of the father when he's with his child.  The dad is enjoined by the court from talking with James about the issue from his perspective on it.  But the mother is given free rein to encourage him to believe he's a girl.  

I know these threads tend to get heated.  I hope we can discuss this maturely.  There aren't a lot of reports on this right now outside of the ones I've provided above, so there could be more facts to shed some light on this, or corrections to what's being said right now.  But as it stands, this seems like a crazy miscarriage of justice for the father and the boy.

This sounds like bull****, Titan. I want a PACER link to those court documents. 

Just now, AUDub said:

This sounds like bull****, Titan.

Which part is bull**** to you?

Just now, AUDub said:

I want a PACER link to those court documents. 

I don't really know what that is.  

But here's a link to the court documents from the father's site built to inform people of what's going on:

http://savejames.com/court-documents/

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Which part is bull**** to you?

This is happening in Texas. Repeat, TEXAS. Seriously. My bull**** detector fired right up at that one. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I don't really know what that is.  

But here's a link to the court documents from the father's site built to inform people of what's going on:

http://savejames.com/court-documents/

A government controlled site of official court documentation. This whole thing stinks of bull****. 

Even r/conservative’s bull**** detector is going nuts. Good indicator something isn’t kosher. 

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

This is happening in Texas. Repeat, TEXAS. Seriously. 

Biased much?

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

This sounds like bull****, Titan. I want a PACER link to those court documents. 

Then pay the $3 and enter the cause number.

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

A government controlled site of official court documentation. This whole thing stinks of bull****. 

Really? Ha. 

Dude, you can’t manipulate filings. All court documentation is “government controlled.” 

I think you’re messing with everyone.

This is completely random.  I was doing various Google searches on the parties involved and noticed that the Google review ratings for her pediatrics practice were rather low (2.7 out of 5).  So I knew people were over there dinging her with 1-star reviews over this trans issue with her kid.

But as I waded through, a couple of 2-star reviews I found interesting.  I know it could be BS, but it also may not be.  Just throwing this into the mix as we try to find more out about this situation:

Last December my son had a cold, we had just moved from Miami and I guess he caught something and we saw Dr. Anne. She was at first very friendly and personally complimenting. Although we recently went in August and after the Google notification after i passed on the road I thought I may as well revoew the place. This time was a little more different than the last. It started off friendly and like the first time coming. Although after she went to get his prescription, I mentioned something about my son throwing away his brother's old action figures; it was about to be his birthday and they were broken anyway and he didn't want to keep them, although I'm old so i dont know the difference, so i called them "dolls". Me and my son were having a conversation about what we needed to do once we got home. I guess she was eavesdropping, because i told my son," You need to throw away casey's (his brother) old dolls you've been playing with once we get home". Then she walked in the room. Instead of giving me information about the prescription, she gave me a minute long lecture about why refusing to let my son play with dolls is homophobic and how he deserves to be accepted if he chooses to be a different gender. Nathan was completely dumbfounded as so was I. I told her it was non of her business, and either way it being a misunderstanding. But she handed me the prescription then told me to pay at the desk with an uptight attitude. Sheesh lady.. I feel bad for who has to come home to you everynight.

This one was from about a week ago, so it could be someone dinging her over the trans stuff but trying to make it sound like a legit review.  Can't be sure one way or the other.

I read the reviews for this pediatrician, which were mixed.  I thought I would go ahead and give her try.  During our visit, she was opinionated, judgemental, and condescending.   She made subtle rude comments our entire visit, and demonstrated little knowledge of real world parenting - very much stuck in her theories of whatever on earth she views as "modern parenting".  I left wondering if her patient base was due to her convenient location, because it certainly was not due to her bedside manner.

The rudeness of her and the staff is something that has been brought up by a few reviewers and this last one is from 11 months ago, long before anything about this issue came out.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Really? Ha. 

Dude, you can’t manipulate filings. All court documentation is “government controlled.” 

I think you’re messing with everyone.

Hosted elsewhere, in this case the dad's personal site, it's easy to pass something off as something it's not. 

Titan found a reputable link, so moot point anyway now. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Biased much?

That wasn't a knock. I actually give the courts in Texas more credit than that. 

If there's bias, it's positive. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Titan has found a link. 

56 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hosted elsewhere, in this case the dad's personal site, it's easy to pass something off as something it's not. 

Titan found a reputable link, so moot point anyway now. 

Oh yeah, you're moot. Boom shackalacka. 

(Messing with you Dub. Hope all is well)

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

So this is actually a legit story....

Titan, this might be one of the most disheartening things you've ever posted. :( 

Agreed.  I was holding out until the case file was shown, but now that's it's plain as day to see....yeesh.  Hope that the father gets full custody.  Luckily this is being fought in Texas, so I do think his odds are better to get a decision that properly benefits the child.

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Biased much?

Haha, you stuck up for Texas, don't you know discrimination against Texans is OK... you got the:

facepalm.jpg

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Haha, you stuck up for Texas, don't you know discrimination against Texans is OK... you got the:

facepalm.jpg

Dude, it's ICHY.  Pretty sure he or she sees the facepalm emoji while sleeping and wakes up a little horny from it.

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agreed.  I was holding out until the case file was shown, but now that's it's plain as day to see....yeesh.  Hope that the father gets full custody.  Luckily this is being fought in Texas, so I do think his odds are better to get a decision that properly benefits the child.

I’m not seeing it. Still think this is rage bait. A huge chunk of this story is either missing or being taken way out of context. A lot of this makes zero sense from a medical standpoint. It’s so over the top, a story tailor made to shock and outrage.

Reading the case, I see an extremely ugly divorce. (Dad seems a real peach BTW.) The child does have some gender identity issues and is presenting as a girl at school. The court is ordering both parents to maintain the status quo while they figure this s*** out. It says the kid is getting therapy by a psychiatrist. That’s good parenting. That is something any kid should be receiving if a parent thinks their child is having issues with gender identity.

The dad seems to want to approach this by “stomping it out,” for lack of a better term. This is absolutely the wrong approach.

I do not see anything about chemical castration or even hormone blockers.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

I’m not seeing it. Still think this is rage bait. A huge chunk of this story is either missing or being taken way out of context. A lot of this makes zero sense from a medical standpoint. It’s so over the top, a story tailor made to shock and outrage.

Reading the case, I see an extremely ugly divorce. (Dad seems a real peach BTW.) The child does have some gender identity issues and is presenting as a girl at school. The court is ordering both parents to maintain the status quo while they figure this s*** out. It says the kid is getting therapy by a psychiatrist. That’s good parenting. That is something any kid should be receiving if a parent thinks their child is having issues with gender identity.

The dad seems to want to approach this by “stomping it out,” for lack of a better term. This is absolutely the wrong approach.

I do not see anything about chemical castration or even hormone blockers.

I agree. 

It would be highly unethical to provide "hormone treatments", to a 6 year old child regardless of what the parent wants.    

As far as "therapy", that makes sense as long as it's not meant to coerce the child one way or the other.  In other words, it should be directed as much toward the parents as the child.  "Counseling" might be a better way of expressing it.

Good grief, the kid is only 6 years old for crying out loud.

• 10 months later...
On 12/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, TitanTiger said:

There are a few things troubling about this.  First, is something we've discussed before - even if you believe that the kid is driving this, there is significant evidence that a large majority of them do not persist with these feelings into adolescence or adulthood.  It's irresponsible to be pushing this on a kid or thinking about chemical castration or hormone blockers at such a young age.

But when you couple that with the other aspects of this, it's worse.  The child's transition therapist isn't seeing the criteria of "consistent, insistent, and persistent" with James identifying as a girl.  The mother started dressing James as a girl and calling him "Luna" at 3 years old and yet even as the age of 6, he's not consistently and persistently identifying this way?  He insists on wearing boy clothes when at his dad's and it's only when the mom is around on therapists visits that he points to Luna as his preferred name?  Something there is fishy.  

There's the account from a family friend about how James behaves when with them and playing with their boys:

This doesn't strike me as a child who is confused about what gender he is or wants to be. 

Finally, it's this muzzling of the father when he's with his child.  The dad is enjoined by the court from talking with James about the issue from his perspective on it.  But the mother is given free rein to encourage him to believe he's a girl.  

I know these threads tend to get heated.  I hope we can discuss this maturely.  There aren't a lot of reports on this right now outside of the ones I've provided above, so there could be more facts to shed some light on this, or corrections to what's being said right now.  But as it stands, this seems like a crazy miscarriage of justice for the father and the boy.

Check out what the jury just did.

BREAKING:  The judge overruled the jury's decision.  She's granted the father joint managing conservatorship of James and ruled that the father and mother will make joint medical decisions for the child.  However, she has imposed a gag order on the father which is unfortunate.  Had he not gone public with this situation, he'd have never had the resources nor the public outcry to fight this in court.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/texas-state-agencies-investigating-7-y-o-gender-transition-case-texas-gov-says.html

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

BREAKING:  The judge overruled the jury's decision.  She's granted the father joint managing conservatorship of James and ruled that the father and mother will make joint medical decisions for the child.  However, she has imposed a gag order on the father which is unfortunate.  Had he not gone public with this situation, he'd have never had the resources nor the public outcry to fight this in court.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/texas-state-agencies-investigating-7-y-o-gender-transition-case-texas-gov-says.html

Also noticed on the site Toby Mac's son passed away sad......helped DC Talk setup for a show in Mobile 1990......all 3 members helped.....opened for Petra.....sorry for derail.

Archived