2020 4* WR EJ Williams

ellitor

Notable offers include AU, Clemson, Bama, UGA, Florida, FSU, LSU, Vols, aTm, & 4 other SECschools
AU had an early big lead
Looked to close on commitment before Clemson offered
Clemson likely team to beat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Central’s turning into a Clemson pipeline and it’s pretty sad. 

One player doesn't make a pipeline. Ross is at Clemson because his mom wanted his college to be far, far away from Phenix City. Am I missing someone, or is Ross the only P.C. player at Clemson?

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

One player doesn't make a pipeline. Ross is at Clemson because his mom wanted his college to be far, far away from Phenix City. Am I missing someone, or is Ross the only P.C. player at Clemson?

Ray Thornton a safety prospect and EJ will more than likely go as well.

Tucker Melton their starting QB next season likes them a lot. 

14 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ray Thornton a safety prospect and EJ will more than likely go as well.

Tucker Melton their starting QB next season likes them a lot. 

Those two guys remain to be seen. In any case, for the size of the area, Auburn has never got many good players out of there. I'd say UAT and UGA have done better than Auburn in the Columbus/Phenix City area and that's been the case for decades. Why is another question, but we have seldom had any luck there.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Those two guys remain to be seen. In any case, for the size of the area, Auburn has never got many good players out of there. I'd say UAT and UGA have done better than Auburn in the Columbus/Phenix City area and that's been the case for decades. Why is another question, but we have seldom had any luck there.

Because in the state of alabama rarely do kids grow up wanting to play for Auburn. There is not a built in network of people in their lives pushing the Auburn fandom on them through the years growing up.  So Central being so close to Auburn does not mean a thing. 

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Because in the state of alabama rarely do kids grow up wanting to play for Auburn.

Actually has happened quite a bit. Those kids jusy don't end up hear sometimes  for some reason.

There is not a built in network of people in their lives pushing the Auburn fandom on them through the years growing up. 

Depends on the families they grew up in. Some families are hardcore AU.

Central being so close to Auburn does not mean a thing.

Yes but more because there's an ant AU sentiment permeating areas outside of Auburn including Opelika.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Actually has happened quite a bit. Those kids jusy don't end up hear sometimes  for some reason.

Depends on the families they grew up in. Some families are hardcore AU.

Yes but more because there's an ant AU sentiment permeating areas outside of Auburn including Opelika.

Lately The kids who grew up fans of Auburn are more like "fans" in the loosest sense of the word. Recently it just means they were big fans of 2010 and Cam Newton. Mostly because the rest or a good portion of their family is bama fans and are surrounded by people who try to push them to bama so they can be easily swayed. Daron Payne was supposedly a Auburn fan and if I remember he had like 1 relative who was also a Auburn fan but the rest were bama fans so curtains. There is a 75/25 split in the state I would say so of course this is going to happen and be the case. But honestly none of these kids are fans like all of us so we get our fair share of kids who grew up bama fans. It just is not that deep for them like it is us. I think Coynis Miller was a "lifelong" bama fan and that worked out great for us. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

But honestly none of these kids are fans like all of us

Honestly that stuff doesn't matter nor kid fandom matter anyway in today's recruiting world. It's a business decision, not a fan decision. 90% of time it's whoever wins the relationship battles or gets the right family member paid or the right perks for them.

Yes but more because there's an ant AU sentiment permeating areas outside of Auburn including Opelika

Maybe it’s only me like this, but I never wanted to go to the local university that I grew up around. I wanted to branch out and be far away from the parentals. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe it’s only me like this, but I never wanted to go to the local university that I grew up around. I wanted to branch out and be far away from the parentals. 

Not just you. There are kids every year that fit in that category. It's a reason we landed Charles Moore.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly that stuff doesn't matter nor kid fandom matter anyway in today's recruiting world. It's a business decision, not a fan decision. 90% of time it's whoever wins the relationship battles or gets the right family member paid or the right perks for them.

lol E you are going off the beaten path here. We are in agreement here. REEL IT BACK IT IN!!!! haha. My whole premise and point was Us being close to Central is not some big advantage as some people think.  Same Reason Dee Finley of Auburn went to Florida. D Craig wants to know we gucci? I SAY YES!! Ok break!!!!

dc.jpg

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

D Craig wants to know we gucci? I SAY YES!! Ok break!!!!

We've been Gucci. Nothing to dial back. Simple clarification is all.

I can't blame those kids for not wanting to go to Auburn. They grew up in the area and seen everything they've had to offer. Sometimes you want to go somewhere else and see something different. Basically the reason we got Seth Williams

Seth Williams grew up near Tuscaloosa and chose the right school of course!

I would love to know the breakdown of Auburn and bammer fans within the state of Alabama. Does anyone know this? If I had to take a semi-educated guess, I would say about 55% bammer 45% Auburn. It could be closer than that.  I have not lived in Alabama for 49 years and really do not know.

Image result for corgis wearing Auburn gear

41 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I would love to know the breakdown of Auburn and bammer fans within the state of Alabama. Does anyone know this? If I had to take a semi-educated guess, I would say about 55% bammer 45% Auburn. It could be closer than that.  I have not lived in Alabama for 49 years and really do not know.

Image result for corgis wearing Auburn gear

More like 70-75% Bammer to 25-30% Auburn. 90% of the blue collar , non-college folks follow Bama like a religion.

No wonder they are called bammers! You know what though......If Auburn can regain the upper hand in the series, then you might see a tilt in the right direction. Who knows folks.....who knows.....

Business decision or not, we have to stop letting these other major schools come into our back yard and taking the talent. 

It's not just this kid, or Ross. There is also the LB who signed with Florida this past class. Benton the class before that... Couch the year before Benton... So it's not just one school, but all of the schools in our immediate area... Sure some will leave, but we have to do something to stop ALL of the major targets (4* and up)  from leaving. 

If recruiting is all about relationships, there is no excuse for Clemson or any other school to have better relationships with these guys than us... Not with them being in our backyard. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There is also the LB who signed with Florida this past class.

He was a Buck target & we had Wooden & Hall higher on the board & we landed both of them.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Benton the class before that..

Wasn't a guy we wanted in the end per WDE.

6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Couch the year before Benton.

I had to google this name. Never heard of him. AU never offered & have had great classes at WR on paper the last few years.

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

we have to do something to stop ALL of the major targets (4* and up)  from leaving. 

Agreed although none of the players in your post apply.

12 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

there is no excuse for Clemson or any other school to have better relationships with these guys than us... Not with them being in our backyard. 

Not sure Clemson beat us in the relationships part. Look  at it this way. If you were a WR recruit would you feel more confident about having an opportunity to make an impact at Clemson or AU?

As silly as this may sound. AHS is a rival school of CPC.   Back in my day,  I not only had distaste for CPC as a rival,  but it also gave me a false (actually true) distaste for PC as a community. Opelika too etc.  If my HS rival was AHS,  AU would intern be too.  Heck, Pville too.  How many of those guys did/do we get.   AHS rival. 

10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Pville too

Prattville got hate because we dominated the South part of the state for over a decade while becoming a national power & Bill Clark was recruiting players which turns some people off.

If you were a WR recruit would you feel more confident about having an opportunity to make an impact at Clemson or AU?

I don't see how any reasonable person could argue this point.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Prattville got hate because we dominated the South part of the state for over a decade while becoming a national power & Bill Clark was recruiting players which turns some people off.

National power. Lol.  Spoken like a true ‘Villian..  

Archived