Men's SEC Tourney Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carry the 'MO' over from the last 4 games and I think we have a very good chance to be in the final game....if so, could be a 4 seed in the tourney....

Go TIGERS!!!!

I hope this team learns from this type of play they exhibited today against Tennessee. I also hope they don't go in thinking their you know what doesn't stink

:jump: WDE

Best route to the title game that you could hope for. Should be favored in the first 2 for sure. Then LSU and who knows who they will be playing with at that time. Keep getting better and this will turn into one heck of a finish!

• WarTiger changed the title to road to an SEC title
3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We need to annihilate USC

I would like to believe that without the home-cooking, we are miles ahead of SC. Just depends on which Chris Silva the SEC officiating crew starts on the court: the Chris Silva who fouls out with 13 minutes left in the game? Or the one who is allowed to shake Jared Harper down for his lunch money?

• ellitor changed the title to Men's SEC Tourney Thread
  • ellitor pinned this topic
6 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Carry the 'MO' over from the last 4 games and I think we have a very good chance to be in the final game....if so, could be a 4 seed in the tourney....

Go TIGERS!!!!

Would have to win the SEC Tourney to get in 4 seed discussion.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We need to annihilate USC

Na. Just beat them. Destroying them does nothing for our resume.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I dont think just beating them does enough to satiate how embarrassing a loss that felt like at the time. I know you cant beat the refs, but that was a deflating defeat for national prospects (compounded with the MSU and Ole Miss losses around the same time)

I think Bruce could market that game as a necessary ass-whooping more than any other except LSU and Kentucky 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would have to win the SEC Tourney to get in 4 seed discussion.

If AU beats LSU and one of UK or Tennessee again to win the tourney thenAU is easily a 3 seed imo

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

If AU beats LSU and one of UK or Tennessee again to win the tourney thenAU is easily a 3 seed imo

Disagree @Gene Loblaw. Looking at the resumes of the 8 potential teams we could be battling for a 3 seed should we win the SEC Tourney I personally have a hard time seeing a team with a 5-7 Quad 1 record, which is what we would be, getting a 3 seed over teams like LSU, Texas Tech, Kansas, & K State & every other team in the potential discussion having a winning Quad 1 record. A 4 seed is probably our ceiling right now.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont think just beating them does enough to satiate how embarrassing a loss that felt like at the time.

Maybe to you personally & some other AU fans but it was not an embarrassment in the grand scheme of things. Coccky isn't the same team that lost at Wyoming earlier in the year. They proved that by having the 4th best conference record over a grueling 18 game conference schedule & had already proved it some before we played trhem.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that was a deflating defeat for national prospects (compounded with the MSU and Ole Miss losses around the same time)

@Dual-Threat Rigby I'm curious as to where you got this. No 1, or even 3 game stretch, typically has any impact in recruiting at all barring the HC getting fired or his job security being in question. Barring another NCAA violation he is involved with, Bruce has one of the most secure jobs in the nation.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I mean if we can’t agree on anihlating USCe being better then just beating them then what can we agree on 😂

im with you dual, stomp a mud hole in that a$$!!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Disagree @Gene Loblaw. Looking at the resumes of the 8 potential teams we could be battling for a 3 seed should we win the SEC Tourney I personally have a hard time seeing a team with a 5-7 Quad 1 record, which is what we would be, getting a 3 seed over teams like LSU, Texas Tech, Kansas, & K State & every other team in the potential discussion having a winning Quad 1 record. A 4 seed is probably our ceiling right now.

I agree. 4 seed is our ceiling. But from the potential 8 or 9 seed we were projected two ago that would be amazing 

I love this draw!  We couldn’t ask for anything better!  

We should be favored in the first 2 games (assuming we win the first one), then we’ve got LSU without their coach and one of their best players, or Arky or UF, any of those scenarios should be winnable.  A win there puts us in the final game vs UK or UT.  With a little magic to go with the confidence of a 7 game win streak, we could win this tourney!  How AUsome would that be!?!?!!!

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I honestly just want to stay as a 6 seed. 

hahahah ummmmmm what am I missing here? why? I want us to get as high of a seed as possible! 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’d probably be easier to stay there but if the trade off is not feasting in the SEC tourney...

It would be worth it if we make a final four because of the draw.  But I think we could win a game or two and stay at 6.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahah ummmmmm what am I missing here? why? I want us to get as high of a seed as possible! 

Avoid a 1 or 2 seed until 2nd weekend. Then face a 2 instead of a 1.

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

But I think we could win a game or two and stay at 6.

Yeah. Beating Mazzu and Cocky should do very little to help our seeding.  If we get to that point I still want to take down LSU and roll the dice on trying to win the SEC title and letting the NCAA seed chips fall where they may...

FoolishAgitatedCrossbill-size_restricted

Archived