Gold Cup

mustache eagle

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I don't get that one at all.

Like he doesn’t give a damn. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that the ref cost anyone the game, but how was there not a single card given during that entire match?  It was a cage fight out there.

Christ, I hate USSoccer and Berhalter. 

Mexico is just better. The only player who looked up to the task at all today was Pulisic, but he only played well in spots. Just seems like US soccer on the men’s side just can’t take a step forward. 

Whelp we hosed up the first half finishes.  They weathered our storm and we couldn’t weather theirs.  I just knew we’d luck up there for n the final few minutes.

These new US guys don’t know how to play this ticky tack foul/rough foul kind of game.  One moment a Mexican player flops and we catch the foul the next they grab McKennies throat and nothing.  

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Mexico is just better. The only player who looked up to the task at all today was Pulisic, but he only played well in spots. Just seems like US soccer on the men’s side just can’t take a step forward. 

They man marked him in the second half and shut him down.  If we can ever develop another player like him ... wow that’d be fun.

30 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

They man marked him in the second half and shut him down.  If we can ever develop another player like him ... wow that’d be fun.

You would think that might open up space for others but the US had no plan of attack it seemed. 

image.png

Nothing to see here, move along everyone.

Could be a red in an average game - should have been a yellow minimum, regardless of the game ... particularly since Altidore took 2 knees in the back while he was prone 

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Could be a red in an average game - should have been a yellow minimum, regardless of the game ... particularly since Altidore took 2 knees in the back while he was prone 

Surely you aren't surprised that CONCACAF continues to allow the same 6 or 8 teams to get away with this crap. Why do you think CONCACAF still hasn't adopted VAR? Can't have players being held accountable for their actions or anything and we gotta get Mexico into every final we can. 

I’ve been overall happy with var where I’ve seen it used.  Doesn’t seem to jack up the games and I haven’t seen an instance where var was “wrong” - although I’m sure it happens.

i wish they’d review games and severely punish players for a limited number of things - with diving/simulation being at the top of the list.  As a college football fan and a casual rugby  fan, the fake stuff makes soccer less enjoyable at the level it is.

Archived