2020 4* Juco CB Brian George

ellitor

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Plus Tennison at Nb

Yup. Which is why I didn't include him at Safety.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Are we not as confident in our young corners? Getting two juco corners seems crazy

BPA.

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Are we not as confident in our young corners? Getting two juco corners seems crazy

@DonDraper Not crazy at all when you consider we are losing 3 of our 5 starting DBs & the staff expects a 4th, Iggy, to turn pro after this season. Of what's left at CB on roster I'm not sure there is a sure fire big time starter for next season. Also as @bigbird would point out we have been playing catch up with DBs number since some attritions we had the past few years. Lastly, everything I've read on George is he is a big time Day 1 impact talent.

Just now, ellitor said:

???

Best Player Available.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Best Player Available.

More like the staff has always wanted 2 juco CBs in the class if they could get them for immediate starting help for next season.

I think it has a lot to do with Kelly leaving. He was a rotation guy this year. I think I disagree with anyone who thinks McCreary isn’t a big time talent. That guy can play. He’ll start, and I’m happy with that. Same with Tutt. That’s two solid spots. I expect Iggy to go pro. He played really well against Bama. 

We have four guys we know we can trust (Sherwood, Monday, Tutt, and McCreary). The rest is up for grabs. Thus, bring in two major Juco talents to restock the cupboard while bringing in HS studs for the long-term (Tennison and Thompson). I wish we had room for five, but space is limited. I wish we could take five here, three LBs, and five DL. That’s my ideal defensive class. 

10 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I disagree with anyone who thinks McCreary isn’t a big time talent. That guy can play. He’ll start, and I’m happy with that. Same with Tutt. That’s two solid spots. I expect Iggy to go pro. He played really well against Bama.

I forgot about McCreary. On Tutt he'll likely stay at Nickel We'll likely need George to be the other starter at CB & Domio to be the 1st slot CB.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't sleep on Zion

Damn it I did. Do you think he can win a starting CB job if Tutt stays at N?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not Bird, but yes. 

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not Bird, but yes. 

Don't have to be Bird. You know your opinion is well respected much more then birds

Fixed it for you. 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes...or move Tutt over to corner like we did JD and play ZP at nickel

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can Tutt play CB? Looks like he got exposed Saturday.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you feel like the back half of defenses play better when they play majority of the snaps together? Or does rotating in fresh legs help?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can Tutt play CB? Looks like he got exposed Saturday.

He wasn't 100% after the punt return tackle. If you can play nickel, you can play corner. Heck, Dinson played all three while at AU

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Do you feel like the back half of defenses play better when they play majority of the snaps together? Or does rotating in fresh legs help?

Unlike other positions, the secondary relies more on communication. IMO, the more a group plays together, the better both verbal and non-verbal communication becomes. That said, rotating in younger guys to play with the upper classmen helps tremendously showing them the expectations and how to communicate effectively.

Archived