Mizzou vs West Virginia

AU64

Mizz waxing WVa 24-0 ….what happened to the Mountaineers?   Used to be pretty good but really gone downhill.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Mizz waxing WVa 24-0 ….what happened to the Mountaineers?   Used to be pretty good but really gone downhill.

New everything.....Halverson is gone and Neal Brown ( formerly Troy HC) is a new coach with a depleted roster and an all new coaching staff. Grier got drafted and he's playing behind Cam Newton, and several other key players went to the NFL also.  I think about 5 of them were drafted IIRC.

CNB is starting from scratch almost. I think he'll do well but it will take a few rebuilding years.

Holgerson pulled an Urban, except w/out the (fake?) medical drama.

As Cryer did to Florida after Tebow left and he knew he reached his pinnacle (to get out of the rising spectre of Saban), Holgerson knew he used up all of his goodie once Will Grier finished his eligibility and WVU just isn't going to compete with OU and (rising) UTx, DH took a lesser job at Houston that he felt he could possibly maintain his image.

I suspect he left the cupboard bare too...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Used to be pretty good but really gone downhill

Well, to be honest, you can only go downhill or uphill in West Virginia.  There are not flat places. :rimshot:

I’ll be here all week.

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, to be honest, you can only go downhill or uphill in West Virginia.  There are not flat places. :rimshot:

I’ll be here all week.

Reminds me of our trip to Knoxville a few weeks ago.

I was driving and suddenly noted that I was doing 30mph in a 55.  What I realized was that after living on the Fla Gulf Coast for the last 12+ years, I had forgotten how to drive up & down hills.  You actually have to manipulate the gas pedal, LOL!

Here, you can see for miles and can just set your cruise.  Of course, you do have to dodge gators & snowbirds down here, so there IS that.

Archived