O-Line play

Tigerpro2a

So I haven't yet had a chance to go back and re-watch the game yet, but from first glance I was actually somewhat pleased with the back ups on OL. I thought Bailey did alright filling in for Tega. Then, in the second half I saw some good things from several players on the back up squad. The interior seemed pretty decent. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I haven't yet had a chance to go back and re-watch the game yet, but from first glance I was actually somewhat pleased with the back ups on OL. I thought Bailey did alright filling in for Tega. Then, in the second half I saw some good things from several players on the back up squad. The interior seemed pretty decent. Thoughts?

Agreed it looked better and I hope against reason it’ll carry over into SEC play.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed it looked better and I hope against reason it’ll carry over into SEC play.

Yep, and of course I know we are talking about a much inferior Kent St. team but still happy to see. I think we get a great measuring stick this week. Tamu's Defense is nothing to laugh at. 

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

They looked goodt against one of the worst teams in the MAC.  

Even then I noticed d linemen just knocking sharp on his ass whenever they were frustrated and wanted to push somebody around

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep, and of course I know we are talking about a much inferior Kent St. team but still happy to see. I think we get a great measuring stick this week. Tamu's Defense is nothing to laugh at. 

If the OL wins the battle next week then we win. It’ll be telling for sure!

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

They looked goodt against one of the worst teams in the MAC.  

I am not posting to talk about the competition...I was more implying I like what I saw out of the backups. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Posters say Sharp was getting knocked down left and right but he ended up with an 86% grade? Something not adding up 🤨

Again...Kent St....yes posters...we know who we played, but all in all I thought he did rather well for his first start.

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Posters say Sharp was getting knocked down left and right but he ended up with an 86% grade? Something not adding up 🤨

Right. Someone in particular made a point of saying Sharp was getting knocked around

22 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Who graded him and where'd you find that grade?

Archived