Mama Worm

AUght2win

10 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

This was forwarded to me.... it’s quiet hilarious to me that whomever you are feels this way! I know your on this forum because I said what I said on here. He doesn’t have to play here so make no mistake about it! It makes the interest of proving you fake aih fans wrong & explore other options ️ Dont ever get it twisted.... if he enters that portal trust he will be picked up ASAP! Watch what you say & who you speak on. & for the record he had 30 plus offers from LSU & Georgia. He could  have gone anywhere! You people are crazy but its only right that we make you a believer! Be careful what you ask for because it may come back to haunt you. 742EC8FC-55C6-487B-A0C1-BA6A07CEAF29.png

see what i try explain about not only people on this site but fans in general, is that if you got nothing good to say about a coach or player keep it to yourself.

coaches and players hear and see this stuff and you are only hurting the Auburn program that you say you love so much.

one of my coaches favorite saying was......."It is better to be thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and erase all doubts" 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

This was forwarded to me.... it’s quiet hilarious to me that whomever you are feels this way! I know your on this forum because I said what I said on here. He doesn’t have to play here so make no mistake about it! It makes the interest of proving you fake aih fans wrong & explore other options ️ Dont ever get it twisted.... if he enters that portal trust he will be picked up ASAP! Watch what you say & who you speak on. & for the record he had 30 plus offers from LSU & Georgia. He could  have gone anywhere! You people are crazy but its only right that we make you a believer! Be careful what you ask for because it may come back to haunt you. 742EC8FC-55C6-487B-A0C1-BA6A07CEAF29.png

Oh good lord, we have some very "special fans". I want to apologize for that idiot but then I also don't want to claim him/her as a fan. So much ignorance by powerofdixieland

2 hours ago, JJB74 said:

see what i try explain about not only people on this site but fans in general, is that if you got nothing good to say about a coach or player keep it to yourself.

coaches and players hear and see this stuff and you are only hurting the Auburn program that you say you love so much.

one of my coaches favorite saying was......."It is better to be thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and erase all doubts" 

True....but JMO it is really not a good thing for a player's parent to get into discussions with people on social media.   Some wild and opiniated stuff gets posted but it also seems that some folks are trying to drive a wedge between some players (or parents) and Gus over the issue of playing time......and nobody gains from those exchanges. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

seems that some folks are trying to drive a wedge between some players (or parents) and Gus over the issue of playing time.

Why would somebody do that? What do you think is the motive?

There are literally tens of thousands of AU fans on sports message boards. People have opinions. Some we like, some we don’t. Two things I would not recommend to any parent of an athlete in today’s society. 

1. Stay off of message boards. I don’t care if your son is the best at his position in a sport, has a 4.0 gpa, and spends all of his free time feeding the hungry. Among tens of thousands of people, there are going to be some who are critical of them. There ain’t a thing you can do about it. Nothing. You can’t control other people’s opinions.

2. If you are going to get on the board, that’s certainly your right. But don’t make a huge decision for your child, based on the opinions of people you don’t know and will never meet. Whatever team you go to will have a message board and some irrational fans too.

I love Shaun’s skill set and hustle, and hope he stays at AU. But if he leaves I hope it is because he will be happier and more successful somewhere else and not because of one posters opinion.  War Eagle 🦅 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Worm saw his role diminish from 70 carries last season to 52 this season, with almost half of them coming against Kent State and Samford. He had 10 total carries in our 5 biggest games.

Well, Whitlow had less carries this year, too. So did Kam Martin. And Schwartz. Our QBs ran the ball more this year, and DJ Williams got a good number of carries.

Shivers got to return more kicks this year, and caught the ball more, so it's not like the coaches didn't believe he could benefit the team. Not blaming him, but big things may have happened had he not stepped out of bounds on the one pass in the Iron Bowl. I think we scored a TD on that drive, anyways, but Shivers in open space would have been fun to see.

You obviously think Shivers should have gotten more touches this year. So someone else should have got fewer. Maybe you're right. Maybe not. I get mad at Gus when he doesn't utilize the players the way I would (unless it works), but I have no doubt that he and his staff know the players and what they are capable of better than I do.

But of course Worm and Momma Worm wish #8 got his number called more often. And of course Social Media Champions are going to egg on any dissatisfaction.

12 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

And of course Social Media Champions are going to egg on any dissatisfaction.

Whoa. 2nd time somebody has said this in a short period of time. Is this really a thing? Or is it people who just agree and are expressing their opinion just like you are? Are you sure their motive is to "egg on any dissatisfaction"? Explain. 

16 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

This was forwarded to me.... it’s quiet hilarious to me that whomever you are feels this way! I know your on this forum because I said what I said on here. He doesn’t have to play here so make no mistake about it! It makes the interest of proving you fake aih fans wrong & explore other options 

Momma you can't listen to people like him. In any way. You can't be motivated to prove them wrong. There are millions of football fans for each of the major schools, like Auburn, and a lot of nuts among them. Don't pay them any mind and make whatever decision is best for Shaun. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Why would somebody do that? What do you think is the motive?

Because some folks are trolls and they don't have a life outside of complaining and causing problems.

@Momma Worm I walked in from work and literally turned the game on as Boobie took the wildcat snap and handed off to Worm. What. A. Play.

I just wanted you to know directly that I appreciate your son’s hard work and dedication to Auburn and to his teammates. Whatever his football future holds, he has a fan here in Louisiana. 

I want to see Shaun play for Auburn.  Does Gus have a plan for him? 

While I wouldn't want him to make a decision based on comments made by some brainless 'fan', I could see him moving to another school if it meant more play time. 

I'll watch him wherever he plays.  He's a baller.  

Post.PNG

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I agree with the post. I just don't know why he had to use all that blank space. Unless my vision is blocking a lot of BS.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There are literally tens of thousands of AU fans on sports message boards. People have opinions. Some we like, some we don’t. Two things I would not recommend to any parent of an athlete in today’s society. 

1. Stay off of message boards. I don’t care if your son is the best at his position in a sport, has a 4.0 gpa, and spends all of his free time feeding the hungry. Among tens of thousands of people, there are going to be some who are critical of them. There ain’t a thing you can do about it. Nothing. You can’t control other people’s opinions.

2. If you are going to get on the board, that’s certainly your right. But don’t make a huge decision for your child, based on the opinions of people you don’t know and will never meet. Whatever team you go to will have a message board and some irrational fans too.

I love Shaun’s skill set and hustle, and hope he stays at AU. But if he leaves I hope it is because he will be happier and more successful somewhere else and not because of one posters opinion.  War Eagle 🦅 

100% Truth.  It's not a healthy habit.

3 hours ago, Zinzan said:

Well, Whitlow had less carries this year, too. So did Kam Martin. And Schwartz. Our QBs ran the ball more this year, and DJ Williams got a good number of carries.

Shivers got to return more kicks this year, and caught the ball more, so it's not like the coaches didn't believe he could benefit the team. Not blaming him, but big things may have happened had he not stepped out of bounds on the one pass in the Iron Bowl. I think we scored a TD on that drive, anyways, but Shivers in open space would have been fun to see.

You obviously think Shivers should have gotten more touches this year. So someone else should have got fewer. Maybe you're right. Maybe not. I get mad at Gus when he doesn't utilize the players the way I would (unless it works), but I have no doubt that he and his staff know the players and what they are capable of better than I do.

But of course Worm and Momma Worm wish #8 got his number called more often. And of course Social Media Champions are going to egg on any dissatisfaction.

Our run blocking was terrible this year.  One of the beat writers (on Jay Tate's staff) alluded to the blocking schemes we are limited to this year had a big affect on the RB personnel we could use effectively.

21 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Post.PNG

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I agree with the post. I just don't know why he had to use all that blank space. Unless my vision is blocking a lot of BS.

One of the best FIFYs I've ever seen! 😁

On 11/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, Tigger1985 said:

I believe that was the fastest I've seen him run. He was at full speed when he got the ball and trucked that defender. I wondered where the holding call was going to come from though.

Heck those refs weren’t going to mess with The Worm after that hit . They were busy getting out of his way. 

19 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Rest assured that is just a Bama fan pretending to be an Auburn fan. No Auburn fan feels that way. Actually I Think he should have gotten more carries. I also would not be surprised to see Flash hang up football to concentrate on track and the Olympics. While Anthony may be a slight bit faster than Worm, Worm definitely packs a bigger punch. I would prefer to see Shaun on the sweeps and use Anthony in the passing game. I think coaches just didn’t use Shaun to his greatest advantage. He is best at top speed . Place him deeper in the backfield or get him in motion. When he is at top speed he is a monster to stop. Even if you hit him it’s hard to wrap him up and he can bounce and maintain his feet as well as any RB I have seen. I hope he stays and gets utilized right but if not tell him he has to do what’s right for him. Tell those that doubt him their were many that Doubted McCarthy as well but he has made a big impact at Carolina. Worm deserves more chances where ever that is at. Bless y’all 

Arrrrgh!!! @Momma Worm that dude attacked me one time over something stupid and I consider myself pretty nice most of the time. He is quite the grumpy man sometimes. I would definitely ignore him.

We love Shaun. He is a special and talented kid with a huge heart. Playing time is going be an issue for all our players as we continue to recruit better and better talent. They are going to have to be patient, work hard, stay healthy and have a bit of luck as well. That goes for every player, not just Shaun. It has to be excrutiatingly difficult to watch your son and want more for him, but if he is happy here and he's doing well, his time will come. I feel like I have seen him in a lot of plays, used as a decoy, but maybe not as many carries. If he continues to make plays like the one on Saturday, you can bet he'll play more!

I don't know what your faith is like, so please bear with me on this. God knows what is in store for your boy. Take time to prayerfully consider his options and his direction. That advice comes from a 60 year old momma who has wanted things for her child, that in the end, did not end up being what God had planned for her. His plans are always sooooo much better than our own!!!! Love you guys! War Eagle!

edit:

I was contacted by PowerofDixieland who told me that the screenshot was not of him, but from another guy on AUC who has the same screen name. We spoke when we had our dust-up a few years back and I had put it away. I feel like I should not have commented about him and have apologized to him since. I believe in treating people how I'd like to be treated...

6 hours ago, Zinzan said:

His mother is a champion for her son and she wants to see him on the field because she knows what he can do and he doesn’t get as many opportunities as he should. Having said that, there  are probably behind the scenes things that we do not know about driving @Momma Worm unhappiness.. I highly doubt reading negative comments on a football message board would drive Worms or his mother’s decision to stay or go. She has said numerous times that Worm has been doubted all his life and keeps proving people wrong, I am sure they both just want to have that opportunity. 

Ask Xavier McKinney if Worm has a little bit of "want to".  That is, if he can remember anything after that rolling bowling ball full of butcher knives, lighting and hate ran all over him.

Booom!

23 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

But if he leaves I hope it is because he will be happier and more successful somewhere else and not because of one posters opinion.  War Eagle 🦅 

Why do people keep saying this as though it might have anything to do with him leaving? 

Dumbass internet clowns can't even make his mom leave this message board. Why do y'all keep suggesting that they make might make Worm leave Auburn?

Edit: I went in too hard here and have subsequently apologized to Webb. But I do consider it important for Auburn fans to respect the Shivers family enough to assume valid reasons for their decisions.

Here are some stats I thought would be useful to bring to the table on the RB usage this season (this only counts run plays, not plays the particular running back was in the game and blocked for a pass play):

Boobie Whitlow:  147 carries, or 12.25 per game (6 receptions not included)

Shaun Shivers:  52 carries, or 4.3 carries per game (4 receptions not included)

DJ Williams:  79 carries, or 6.58 carries per game (5 receptions not included)

Kam Martin:  60 carries, or 5 carries per game (3 receptions not included)

Malik Miller:  12 carries, or 1 carry per game (4 receptions not included)

Harold Joiner:  11 carries, or 0.91 carries per game (6 receptions not included)

MAR:  Injured, out for the season

Judging by this analysis, we have one primary back with even reps behind him with three running backs.  This is common to do however and not out of place.  I think the issue lies where this year everyone demanded we have a running back by committee approach.  We did that, but with too many running backs.  A good rotation would be 3 running backs.  That would give each running back roughly 10 carries per game.  The key will be, who do you leave out?  They are all extremely talented.  Next year we lose at least Kam Martin, but gain 5* Tank Bigsby so we have the same issue next year.

Archived