Mama Worm

AUght2win

19 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've seen film.  But he also never played against guys like Derrick Brown in his day.  Dude would have a hard time cracking many college rotations right now.  Guys today are faster, stronger, bigger, and have better technique, not to mention that they play in way more complicated schemes.  And you also have to take his reported sprint times with a grain of salt as they were hand times.  Just not at all accurate compared to the info we have today.  Worm would leave the dude in the dust.

I say this in the same vein that some of the greatest NFL teams of the past would also struggle against today's big time college teams.  If a time capsule dropped the '72 Dolphins on a field tomorrow, LSU flat out destroys them.  That Dolphins team was about 255 across each line.  Wouldn't have a chance in hell at competing against guys from today. 

Not sure I agree........but you could be correct.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, 80Tiger said:

You have defined his issues exactly. He goes down relatively easily with a low ankle type tackle.

With his strength and low center of gravity it seems he should  be breaking a lot of tackles.  His size isn’t that much different from that of TreMason? Maybe another year of strength gains will be the key to breaking those low tackles?

Archived