Men vs Miss St Game Thread

Maverick.AU

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Best thing about Bruce teams, they fight and grind to a win. 

Team's take on the personality of their HC.  We've seen it in all 3 of the big sports.

BRUCE is a champion and his players play like champions.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gr82be said:

They definitely did that. There was a sequence on Auburn's end I believe in the second half that looked liked a Royal Rumble with zero fouls called. Then they call Auburn for 5-6 fouls in a row for ticky-tak stuff. If the refs are going to let them play then let both teams play, not just one. I was at the game and it was ridiculous how bad it was from time to time. And they did miss calls to our favor too. I was lucky and sat amongst quite a few Auburn fans. The funniest thing I heard was a State fan in the row in front of me, after the game she said "well, we played the first half and y'all played the second". While Auburn wasn't stellar in the first half we did have a 5 point lead at the half. There fans didn't think they could win from what I saw and heard. If not for bad calls it would have been a twenty point win. Still thrilled for a road win in the SEC against anyone. 

I did not get to watch the game. Were there enough Auburn fans there that were loud enough for the team to know they were there? (I really like the fact Bruce encourages fans to attend away games and I also heard him in an interview asking season ticket holders to try and get their tickets back out for sale if they can’t attend games so there is a full arena).

14 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I did not get to watch the game. Were there enough Auburn fans there that were loud enough for the team to know they were there? (I really like the fact Bruce encourages fans to attend away games and I also heard him in an interview asking season ticket holders to try and get their tickets back out for sale if they can’t attend games so there is a full arena).

Apparently was. I could hear them during the game, and Andy mentioned the fans during the broadcast. BP did as well, afterwards.

22 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Those of us in the upper tier might have been heard at the end as a lot of state fans left with a couple of minutes left. The IGTBAAT chant was heard as the final seconds ticked away. I went with my wife and another couple who are State grads but we were sat amongst about a dozen AU fans so I felt pretty comfortable. 😁

The Hump is a big arena, but there were probably in the neighborhood of a thousand Auburn folks there. Maybe just shy of that. It’s an 11,000 seat place that was about 75% full. 

Officiating wasn’t biased. It was just awful. We had two blatant travels that weren’t called and turned into 4 points. State folks were (rightly) hot about those. They had the WWE stretch against us. Then, we brought it down and got a hand check whistle. The younger white ref was absolutely lost. He couldn’t keep up with the game. Brutal officiating. Again, not biased. Just a disaster. Credit to our guys for playing through it. 

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

The Hump is a big arena, but there were probably in the neighborhood of a thousand Auburn folks there. Maybe just shy of that. It’s an 11,000 seat place that was about 75% full. 

Officiating wasn’t biased. It was just awful. We had too blatant travels that weren’t called and turned into 4 points. State folks were (rightly) hot about those. They had the WWE stretch against us. Then, we brought it down and got a hand check whistle. The younger white ref was absolutely lost. He couldn’t keep up with the game. Brutal officiating. Again, not biased. Just a disaster. Credit to our guys for playing through it. 

Yeah, officiating was consistently bad, which has become the conference norm. I dont know where they get these guys. Just clueless. Call stupid ticky tack stuff, and miss the blatantly obvious things.

Strong win on the road. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I Forgot About that dude.  CBP sure knows talent.  New, the kid at Baylor and some of the near misses in recruiting - which we are gonna miss on less moving forward!

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't know how deep you go with the college game but New Williams and Mac mcclung has the same game if you know who he is

Archived