Andrew McCabe

TexasTiger

This is an interesting analysis of the investigation into Andrew McCabe. They say you can indict a ham sandwich, but they couldn’t get a grand jury to even muster a charge against this guy. The IG report was rushed and incomplete due to political pressure. Assuming his lawsuit progresses, this could get interesting.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/02/16/the-stakes-and-misinformation-about-the-andrew-mccabe-declination/

I have seen nothing that supports dismissing the guy two days before he retires and preventing him from a pension that he spent all those years earning.  I don't have an issue with him being removed from a leadership position within the FBI if that is the President's order, but he should have been allowed to simply retire.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I have seen nothing that supports dismissing the guy two days before he retires and preventing him from a pension that he spent all those years earning.  I don't have an issue with him being removed from a leadership position within the FBI if that is the President's order, but he should have been allowed to simply retire.

I agree for the most part. The way it was handled reeks of pettiness. On the other hand, choices have consequences.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree for the most part. The way it was handled reeks of pettiness. On the other hand, choices have consequences.

The case against him seems pretty questionable. They didn’t find he lied. They claim he showed a “lack of candor” because he said he informed Comey and Comey didn’t  recall it. That’s pretty weak to take an earned retirement based on years of meritorious service.

20 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Well to state the obvious, Trump is childishly vindictive as well as a narcissistic psychopath.

How did somebody with your extreme views and nastiness become a moderator.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He turned his back on his country for money. Your kinda guy.

18 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

How did somebody with your extreme views and nastiness become a moderator.

You don’t know anything about what Mike Flynn did, do you?

I know fully about Flynn but my question about you remains unanswered.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You don’t know anything about what Mike Flynn did, do you?

1 hour ago, AFTiger said:

I know fully about Flynn but my question about you remains unanswered.

You think it’s extreme to put country over party— or some dude making a buck at his country’s expense.

Your analysis goes something like this, “them libs don’t like Flynn. Flynn good.”

Archived