NASCAR 'angry and outraged' after noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage, will launch immediate investigation

DKW 86

If it had been a noose put there to intimidate or terrorize anyone it would have been disgusting and unacceptable, and whoever put it there should have been, at the very least, fired and banned for life. But now we are looking at massive overreactions from everyone. News outlets led with the story. ESPN had entire blocks dedicated to it. NASCAR (a sport I'm not a fan of myself) had to try to get out ahead of the story so they have egg on their face. And all over something that was shot down in a little over 2 days by looking at a picture. Then AFTER the FBI findings are released Wallace decided to go on news networks and talk about how he will always have haters and people that look down on him, essentially doubling down. Congratulations, you did nothing but get a VERY public show of support from every driver and pit crew in your sport. This straight up took eyes off of actual racism around this country and will make some people question the quick reporting on such disgusting occurrences. I hope people dont see false allegations and immediately dismiss real ones...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How large was that loop exactly?

Scaling the photo I would think just big enough for the guy in the hat and blue shirt to get four fingers it and a thumb around it.  

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Scaling the photo I would think just big enough for the guy in the hat and blue shirt to get four fingers it and a thumb around it.  

Just the right size to be a pull handle for the door. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What photo?  I haven't seen it.

Even so, I think the most significant part of the new information was that it was supposedly there before Wallace was assigned the garage.  I mean, except for that, it could have still been interpreted as a "message", garage pull or not.

And that information didn't come out until much later (as I understand it.)

So of course it was an over-reaction in hindsight, given the key information that it was there prior to Wallace being assigned that space.

Or you could say Wallace over-reacted initially, but that is completely understandable since he presumably didn't know it was already there before him.

23 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Internet Sleuths Notice "Garage Pull" Used at Talladega Looks Like ...

Trying to find the picture from 2019. but that loop has been there well over a year at least. I now have whackadoodle friends wondering out-loud how he got assigned THAT garage (#5) My understanding is that they are assigned based on qualifying. Can we officially call this a fake news story? We should call it a publicity stunt. I have zero doubt that someone, not sure who, but someone thought this was a great attention getter. 

I bet half the people on this board have a "noose" attached to their garage door. <FER>

54 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What photo?  I haven't seen it.

Even so, I think the most significant part of the new information was that it was supposedly there before Wallace was assigned the garage.  I mean, except for that, it could have still been interpreted as a "message", garage pull or not.

And that information didn't come out until much later (as I understand it.)

So of course it was an over-reaction in hindsight, given the key information that it was there prior to Wallace being assigned that space.

Or you could say Wallace over-reacted initially, but that is completely understandable since he presumably didn't know it was already there before him.

If anyone finds a noose((or a possibly offensive piece of twine) anywhere, please untie it. Or cut it down and put it in a trash bag and put trash on top of it. Don’t say a ******* word to anyone. It would save a ton of bullsheyt from every single aspect of society. Including the cost of 15 FBI agents. Jesus Christ. 

On 6/23/2020 at 5:12 PM, AUDub said:

Feel bad for the crew member that reported it. He's going to catch hell. 

He should catch hell. I don’t know how you can be mechanically inclined enough to be in this field and not see what the function of this cord is. 

6 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

This straight up took eyes off of actual racism around this country and will make some people question the quick reporting on such disgusting occurrences. I hope people dont see false allegations and immediately dismiss real ones...

The reporting needs to be questioned. And questioned strongly. How many Jussie Smollett, Covington Kids, Oops Not a Noose type stories are we going to be lied to about before they at least bother to look at the most rudimentary of facts? The media is a disgrace and simply cannot be believed.

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

If anyone finds a noose((or a possibly offensive piece of twine) anywhere, please untie it. Or cut it down and put it in a trash bag and put trash on top of it. Don’t say a ******* word to anyone. It would save a ton of bullsheyt from every single aspect of society. Including the cost of 15 FBI agents. Jesus Christ. 

15 agents to determine it is just a pull cord for the door. Lmao 

I think it’s more of a case of people just trying to make something into so something it’s not, there’s absolutely no way i would have thought that cord was supposed to be a noose. People need to get a grip. 

Entire situation was just weird. I hope it's not a Jussie Smollett situation. I don't think it is but I know some people will now question Bubba that it is a Jussie Smollett situation and that would be unfortunate. 

It's just hard for me to get past the rope just now being reported. But i guess with everything going on it was more likely to be seen and called to attention. 

The Don Lemon interview....I dont think he saw it nor reported it. I think he just took it at face value. I do not think this is a Smollet situation at all. IMHO, just an over reaction by a crew member. If there was a conspiracy about it all, maybe NASCAR needed the publicity or needed the extra push to get rid of the flags.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

The Don Lemon interview....I dont think he saw it nor reported it. I think he just took it at face value. I do not think this is a Smollet situation at all. IMHO, just an over reaction by a crew member. If there was a conspiracy about it all, maybe NASCAR needed the publicity or needed the extra push to get rid of the flags.

If Bubba acknowledged the FBI investigation and was glad it was not a racist incident he would have been better off.  Instead he doubled down for 24 hours before coming to his senses.  By the way, a noose is a version on a slip knot which is the last thing you want to have as a garage pull down.

Anybody that saw that as anything other than a garage pull down needs to turn in his man card.

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Bubba acknowledged the FBI investigation and was glad it was not a racist incident he would have been better off.  Instead he doubled down for 24 hours before coming to his senses.  By the way, a noose is a version on a slip knot which is the last thing you want to have as a garage pull down.

Anybody that saw that as anything other than a garage pull down needs to turn in his man card.

It's not even a good knot for that purpose...  and it takes extra effort to tie than a simple loop.  Kinda dumb.

I still think some racism was involved, but not directed at anyone in particular.  Likely some dumbass trying to be funny.  Which is a big part of the problem.

49 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I still think some racism was involved,

Why on earth think that? It's a common simple loop that's tied in many, many ropes that are going to be pulled on. It's been there for months, and used for that purpose. I have four cables in my barn with looped ends. Have four racists passed by, or is that the best way to have a cable end ready for use?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Why on earth think that? It's a common simple loop that's tied in many, many ropes that are going to be pulled on. It's been there for months, and used for that purpose. I have four cables in my barn with looped ends. Have four racists passed by, or is that the best way to have a cable end ready for use?

Why would you use a noose for something to pull on?  So it can tighten around your hand and be a pain in the ass?

What you chose to do in your non-public area has no bearing on the use of a noose in a public space.  Totally different.  Tie a noose and hang it from your rear view mirror and see how that works out for ya.

And to be clear, I'm not one of the folks that had an issue with Mike Leach's joke.

52 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Why would you use a noose for something to pull on? 

I think the term *noose* is where the issue is, I don’t think it was a *noose*, but a loop in a rope that was labeled a *noose* and it went from there.  It was not a slip knot, which is what a *noose* is and that is not a functional knot for a garage pull down.

As @alexava posted, if you see something like that, just cut it down and go about your business.  End of story.  I think NASCAR saw an opportunity to slap back at all the Dixie Flags that were flown at the race track during the day.

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the term *noose* is where the issue is, I don’t think it was a *noose*, but a loop in a rope that was labeled a *noose* and it went from there.  It was not a slip knot, which is what a *noose* is and that is not a functional knot for a garage pull down.

As @alexava posted, if you see something like that, just cut it down and go about your business.  End of story.  I think NASCAR saw an opportunity to slap back at all the Dixie Flags that were flown at the race track during the day.

Looks like a noose.  I have not seen reports saying it was a loop but I guess there are some that look similar.

Idda used this, but I suck at knots:

1280px-Overhand-loop-ABOK-1046.jpg

Interestingly enough, NASCAR has released a photo of the pull rope in Wallace’s garage.

image.jpeg

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/bubba-wallace-noose-photo-confirmed-fbi-talladega-062520

If they had released this photo on Tuesday it sure would have saved Wallace a lot of grieve.  The photos that were passed around earlier were not this detailed.  That’s what I get for jumping to conclusions.

9 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Looks like a noose.  I have not seen reports saying it was a loop but I guess there are some that look similar.

Idda used this, but I suck at knots:

1280px-Overhand-loop-ABOK-1046.jpg

This is the typical pull rope that is usually used.  See my photo of what NASCAR has released, someone had a lot of time on their hands.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, NASCAR has released a photo of the pull rope in Wallace’s garage.

image.jpeg

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/bubba-wallace-noose-photo-confirmed-fbi-talladega-062520

If they had released this photo on Tuesday it sure would have saved Wallace a lot of grieve.  The photos that were passed around earlier were not this detailed.  That what I get for jumping to conclusions.

Like I said, I don't think Wallace "over-reacted" if he didn't know it was there before he was assigned the garage. (And we don't know that's true.)

I think that - as the only black driver in NASCAR, who had just recommended banning the confederate flag  - he reacted quite rationally to what was obviously a noose.

A video of the garage area at Talladega. At about the 3 minute mark it begins to show the garage doors. Several of the doors have pull down ropes with loops on them of various configurations, one even has a huge loop (12 minute mark), some just have knots, some double knots and some have nothing. The video was made October 13th, 2017.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

The males in my family have a used a very similar knot for tying lures. I have seen it used close to 55 years. 

38 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The males in my family have a used a very similar knot for tying lures. I have seen it used close to 55 years. 

My fishing knot looks just like this. But it slides down tight. The loop would not be sustained like this in a fishing knot or a functional noose. Yes, It looks like a noose. The facts are not hard to digest. It was there last fall ( maybe longer) . There’s a particular reason garage space is assigned ( I don’t know exactly what that is) but it could not have been intentional. Some of us keep pushing a narrative and refuse to accept it might not be as bad as the media wants and needs it to be. 
         I also wonder how a noose became Such a racial threat. white people were hanged to death historically as well. Will the Steelers quit playing Renegade during defensive stands.?. It’s a song about a man that is to be executed by hanging. With a noose I would presume. How is that not offensive but a rope used to manipulate a door is?

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Probably because Salon trashed it.

The lying f#@&#& saw it the first time. He'll never admit he is part of the problem. Pathetic.

Archived