SEC targets late July for COVID-19 decision-making

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Everyone please panic! This virus has only a 99.5% survival rate! Run! Hide! Stay in your homes! Ruin your lives! Civilization as we know it is done!  Use a cheap cloth mask that you will constantly remove and touch your face and touch other objects! Wear a mask but also distance!  Or distance but also wear a mask!  Or, stay home! Wait, no go out but don’t breathe!  If you get this virus you will die immediately! In a motorcycle wreck...or wait no you will die by shooting...urrr no wait you won’t die but you will be asymmetrical I mean asymptomatic !  Or your blood vessels will pop! No, wait you will kill your grandmother!  

You are unAmerican if you don’t do exactly as your government tells you!  

I'm sure someone did kill their grandmother by not being cautious and following the CDC guidelines. Your sarcasm is not funny in the least. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DAG said:

That escalated quickly 

You'll have to forgive me, I've been working between 10 and 18 hours a day 6-7 days a week since February, and have been spending my free time talking my critical care nurse wife off of a ledge because every gain we made since March was erased because of people like that jackwagon, and there's no end in sight, so you'll understand if I've lost the ability to be patient.

Patient as in understanding, not patient as in "what that jackwagon is going to make more of."

Just now, Auctoritas said:

You'll have to forgive me, I've been working between 10 and 18 hours a day 6-7 days a week since February, and have been spending my free time talking my critical care nurse wife off of a ledge because every gain we made since March was erased because of people like that jackwagon, and there's no end in sight, so you'll understand if I've lost the ability to be patient.

Patient as in understanding, not patient as in "what that jackwagon is going to make more of."

I totally get it my friend . Same here. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I'm sure someone did kill their grandmother by not being cautious and following the CDC guidelines. Your sarcasm is not funny in the least. 

Luckily for me...I don’t have to give two rats behinds what you think about my sarcasm...😁

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

What a self-righteous, pretentious, idiot you must be,  Yeah guess you were having a bad day so you wished death upon me.  Hope it gets better. 

Honestly, I think canceling the season might be one of the best things for the AU fanbase. We could really use a year off from the infighting about the condition of the program. Just skip to a January start of basketball and let’s renew optimism for the 2021 football season. 

21 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

What a self-righteous, pretentious, idiot you must be,  Yeah guess you were having a bad day so you wished death upon me.  Hope it gets 

People like you who can't do the bare minimum to help society by wearing a mask are the reason our country is falling so far behind the world. 

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

Honestly, I think canceling the season might be one of the best things for the AU fanbase. We could really use a year off from the infighting about the condition of the program. Just skip to a January start of basketball and let’s renew optimism for the 2021 football season. 

Just don't screw with baseball at this point.  AU is playing in a tournament 20 minutes from my house in February and damnit, I really want to go.

17 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

What a self-righteous, pretentious, idiot you must be,  Yeah guess you were having a bad day so you wished death upon me.  Hope it gets better. 

Thank you for confirming that you are the self-righteous pretentious idiot in this discussion. You are now on IGNORE.

18 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

**** this a**hole spreader.   someone wished death upon him,  but this simpleton  is pushing to actually spread death.      

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

**** this a**hole spreader.   someone wished death upon him,  but this simpleton  is pushing to actually spread death.      

And, for the record, I didn't wish death on him, I said I hope he enjoyed the karma. If he thinks that his death is gonna be the thing that balances the great cosmic ledger for not wearing a mask, that really says a lot about motivations and his unwillingness.

20 hours ago, jared52 said:

Let's be honest, though, half of the board will be mad that Gus delivered 0 SEC wins this year, while the other half will celebrate us going undefeated.

Let's be honest, though, half of the board will be mad that Gus delivered 0 SEC wins this year, while the other half will celebrate us going undefeated.

Truth. It’s a beautiful thing 😎😎😎

On 7/17/2020 at 4:38 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, looking at COVID deaths is somewhat of the wrong way to judge this.  The key is hospitalization rate.  If hospitals are being overstressed because of COVID, that means there are fewer resources to devote to victims of car accidents, heart attacks, etc, etc.  You can't stress the healthcare system to that degree and expect solid results overall.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:14 PM, DAG said:

Well you have hospital people here who have told you guys that yes it is bad. Yes and some parts of the country, the hospital is being overrun and it seems it goes by the wayside because “the media.” Majority of healthcare workers and providers have all been in support of masks, social distancing and hand hygiene. It is not to take away rights or scare tactics. I am sure you can find an article from a physician or health official who opposes this thought but I find the majority agrees with these premises due to what we say when there were state wide lockdowns and now the results from free for alls. 

On 7/18/2020 at 2:23 PM, Auctoritas said:

All of that said: wear your @#!$&#@ masks. Even if it sucks. Even if you think it doesn't work. Even if you think it is a hoax. Have some @#%&%^*&^ compassion or sense of civic duty. Even if we are wrong about it (trust me, we aren't), it's a small sacrifice to make. Even if we weren't sure about it, or there was a 50/50 chance, it still is a concrete thing you could at least try to do, just in case it does. It's not about keeping you from getting sick, it's about - just in case you are and didn't know it - giving other people a chance not to be sick.

Drives me nuts. American exceptionalism used to mean that we were set above the rest of the world, that we were special and could do anything if we set our minds to it. Somewhere along the way, the idea switched from "America is exceptional" to "I am an American, and therefore I, personally, am more special than you are."

I can't believe these things are still having to be explained. That's what's so terrifying about all of this to me. Countries like South Korea and Germany had almost universal understanding and acceptance of these very basic, elementary concepts in early spring. 

Seriously. How can so many Americans be this stupid? It's not politics. It's not the media. It's just that so many people are just so incredibly stupid. The Idiocracy prophecy proves more true every day. Except it's not even a human condition. It's a specifically American condition. We really are just a truly stupid nation. One need look no further than this forum as proof, obviously.

If only the virus was selective and able to accept invitations. 

I know I'm Mr. Hypocrite to some on this site now but seriously.....enough!

Wear a mask....or don't.  I don't care.  I'm not joining that ridiculousnes.  I have my opinion but my opinion has proven to not matter.

But question for those who are members of the "Mask Politburo", who won't even go out to eat unless there's a semi-truck's length between tables, and Americans losing jobs be damned as long as they lose their homes & starve to death "safely"....

Why in the world are you even discussing sending these young athletes, middle-aged coaches, old staff & trainers as well as myriad support staff & personnel, not to mention professors, their assistants, custodial staff, cafeteria workers to guaranteed doom by insisting they should still attend school & play football all for the sake of "normalcy"...AKA your entertainment?

THERE'S NO "SAFE" WAY TO CRASH INTO, SWEAT ON, SPIT ON, BLEED ON EACH OTHER!

Now...if you're ones to say "there should NOT be football" then at least you're more consistent.

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too bad it's so hard for some to accept it. 

...or recognize it...

You can be anti-big government all you want and believe this is a big conspiracy theory (I don't completely trust what we're told from Fauci, CDC, WHO, and a sensationalist media), but you can at least respect others enough to wear a mask and socially distance where possible.  It's common courtesy

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I know I'm Mr. Hypocrite to some on this site now but seriously.....enough!

Wear a mask....or don't.  I don't care.  I'm not joining that ridiculousnes.  I have my opinion but my opinion has proven to not matter.

But question for those who are members of the "Mask Politburo", who won't even go out to eat unless there's a semi-truck's length between tables, and Americans losing jobs be damned as long as they lose their homes & starve to death "safely"....

Why in the world are you even discussing sending these young athletes, middle-aged coaches, old staff & trainers as well as myriad support staff & personnel, not to mention professors, their assistants, custodial staff, cafeteria workers to guaranteed doom by insisting they should still attend school & play football all for the sake of "normalcy"...AKA your entertainment?

THERE'S NO "SAFE" WAY TO CRASH INTO, SWEAT ON, SPIT ON, BLEED ON EACH OTHER!

Now...if you're ones to say "there should NOT be football" then at least you're more consistent.

I say that there should be no football. It hurts my heart, but it will just make things worse.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

There should not be football. I don't think that's a particularly hot take.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Add me to the list of folks who thinks there shouldn't be football this year.  But make no mistake, whether football will be played or not is a financial calculation being made by the PTB, not one based primarily on health and safety.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Glad you're seeing your blind spot. 

What could you POSSIBLY be referring too???????

Archived