Fire Gus!

AUFriction

No, they cannot fire Gus this year, but how is there anyone left at this point defending the man? He is stealing $7mil a year to embarrass Auburn. There is no defense for what he’s turned Auburn into. If Tua was healthy, he would have been let go last year. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus should be gone tonight and I'm not exagerrating. We lost to the 5th in line quarterback for UGA.

He's never beaten UGA in Athens.

He's never beaten LSU in Baton Rouge.

He's never even had a passing touchdown in Athens.

He's hired and fired numerous OC's with no real results.

He's the worst at preparing for bowl games; allowing us to be embarrassed by both Minnesota and UCF.

We've lost 13/16 games against Georgia largely thanks to Gus. 

No SEC championship without two of the luckiest miracle plays ever.

Choked away a National Championship. 

We've never made it to the National Championship Playoffs.

I don't recall an Auburn player winning one of the major national awards while Gus was here.

Absolutely no success without a transfer quarterback beyond a winning season.

Embarrassing losses to vastly inferior teams.

Out recruited by half the SEC.

No fire.

How people defend him baffles me. He can weirdly lead us to a win over Alabama randomly that's about it.

We're better than this. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

No, they cannot fire Gus this year, but how is there anyone left at this point defending the man? He is stealing $7mil a year to embarrass Auburn. There is no defense for what he’s turned Auburn into. If Tua was healthy, he would have been let go last year. 

We're a literal laughing stock.

Tonight is a great example of why his settling for 3* and missing on 5* makes a difference. UGA's backups embarrassed our DL.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gus should be gone tonight and I'm not exagerrating. We lost to the 5th in line quarterback for UGA.

He's never beaten UGA in Athens.

He's never beaten LSU in Baton Rouge.

He's never even had a passing touchdown in Athens.

He's hired and fired numerous OC's with no real results.

He's the worst at preparing for bowl games; allowing us to be embarrassed by both Minnesota and UCF.

We've lost 13/16 games against Georgia largely thanks to Gus. 

No SEC championship without two of the luckiest miracle plays ever.

Choked away a National Championship. 

We've never made it to the National Championship Playoffs.

I don't recall an Auburn player winning one of the major national awards while Gus was here.

Absolutely no success without a transfer quarterback beyond a winning season.

Embarrassing losses to vastly inferior teams.

Out recruited by half the SEC.

No fire.

How people defend him baffles me. He can weirdly lead us to a win over Alabama randomly that's about it.

We're better than this. 

I didn't think I could feel worse about Gus; you said "hold my beer"

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I got Arkansas legit beating us. Honestly that might be what it would take to get Gus out of here. I can’t anymore. 

Nah being Gus he'll do just barely enough. Like he always does.

The offensive line has been a long time coming, and it was too little too late in trying to salvage it with transfers. Gus's roster management and recruiting, specifically on the offensive line is and has been unacceptable this late into a head coach's tenure. Unfortunately, it looks like we are headed toward another underachieving season. 

49 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Anybody got Bill Clark’s number?

You guys will never learn.  Bill Clark does not have any experience as a power 5 coach, spent most of his time in high school. A glorified Gus and yet you want to hire him.  We are our own worst enemy.

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I didn't think I could feel worse about Gus; you said "hold my beer"

Whenever you think you have seen the worst Gus has to deliver, expect to hold a beer while it gets one-upped.

So anybody got Urban Meyer’s number? 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The offensive line has been a long time coming, and it was too little too late in trying to salvage it with transfers. Gus's roster management and recruiting, specifically on the offensive line is and has been unacceptable this late into a head coach's tenure. Unfortunately, it looks like we are headed toward another underachieving season. 

I feel like I've been gas lit for years about missing on 5 and 4* players to UGA and Bama then being told "oh well we wanted this undersized 3* more anyways stars don't matter."

This game was the absolute biggest example of the difference in a top 15 recruiting class vs top 5. I keep saying it bit it's true.

I am legitimately worried we will lose to Arkansas this week and I haven't been worried about them in years. 

Call Mario Cristobal, PJ Fleck if you want to break open the vault. Call Billy Napier at ULL if you want to do this on a budget. Enough is enough. This has gone on for about three years too long. 

44 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Calm down. Y'all can thank Mawmaw Ivey and Greg Sankey for the unpreparedness. We all knew this was going to be an ugly season... We just hoped that Auburn would be able to take advantage. Instead, we are one of many COVID victims.

Did the COVID not make it over to Georgia? I could’ve sworn that it did. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I feel like I've been gas lit for years about missing on 5 and 4* players to UGA and Bama then being told "oh well we wanted this undersized 3* more anyways stars don't matter."

This game was the absolute biggest example of the difference in a top 15 recruiting class vs top 5. I keep saying it bit it's true.

Me too.

Linemen, linemen, linemen.

With 2010 everyone focused on Cam but he could not have done it without the elite lines (and vice versa, of course).

Just now, Zeek said:

It's because the difference between a top 3 class and being the number 15 class is like the same between 15 and 50. It's a much bigger gap than people realize.

I think truthfully in order to get a real deal coach to come here these things would have to happen.

fire Gus and all the coaches and support staff

have all the board resign

Have Green and all the support staff resign 

Go after the best coach out there with a blank check for him to fill in.

give him permission to interview and hire the complete board,the AD and support staff. All his coaches of his choosing. 
then and only then can we actually start to rebuild AU like it needs to be. 

Archived