2022 4* C Sage Tolentino Commits to Cincinnati

ellitor

Just using 24/7 composite, 2021’s cycle was the first time Kentucky finished outside of the top TWO in recruiting since 2007. 

why can’t we just be performing very well??? Why do we have to be doing as well as arguably the best recruiting machine in collegiate sports (ever) 

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just using 24/7 composite, 2021’s cycle was the first time Kentucky finished outside of the top TWO in recruiting since 2007. 

why can’t we just be performing very well??? Why do we have to be doing as well as arguably the best recruiting machine in collegiate sports (ever) 

I, for one, actually appreciate the reality check here. UK routinely signs as many 5 star prospects in a single year as we have signed in our program's history, if not more. Putting us on their level of recruiting is wishful thinking at best and delusions of grandeur at worst.

That's not a bucket of ice over my head when I hear that, because the level between our best recruiting in the 70 years before Bruce and their worst recruiting in the 70 years before Bruce is still significant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I, for one, actually appreciate the reality check here. UK routinely signs as many 5 star prospects in a single year as we have signed in our program's history, if not more. Putting us on their level of recruiting is wishful thinking at best and delusions of grandeur at worst.

That's not a bucket of ice over my head when I hear that, because the level between our best recruiting in the 70 years before Bruce and their worst recruiting in the 70 years before Bruce is still significant.

You get it, makes it feel earned when we actually get there 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2022 4* C Sage Tolentino Commits to Cincinnati
22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, seeing as how other conversation was you blatantly stating that Roy Williams needed cheating as a crutch whilst at one of the four best programs ever, and Bruce absolutely didn’t, while at Auburn, I don’t think your definition of “anti-AU” matches reality, with all due respect 

AU had a good chance to sign 2-3 more 5 stars during Sharife’s class, and they went to UNC, the G-League and Texas. That literally doesn’t mean anything if you’re trying to state how one team SIGNS recruiting classes better than another. Memphis also recruits on the same level as us, if not better, if you value being close as the end all be all 

UK had a class that was quite literally 60 spots higher than ours last season (they had a comparable run on the transfer market, before that’s brought up). 9 spots higher the cycle before, arguably one of our 2-3 best cycles. 18 spots higher before that 

Im not here to disparage Auburn’s strides, but it’s dismissive of facts to say something like we’re recruiting on the same level as Kentucky. Maybe one day they will

We are about to have two players from last year's team go in the first round  And replaced one of them with a 5 star-SO................ Yeah we are recruiting with the likes of UK. 

1 hour ago, johnjacob said:

We are about to have two players from last year's team go in the first round  And replaced one of them with a 5 star-SO................ Yeah we are recruiting with the likes of UK. 

This is fun for me so I won’t just leave this conversation, but, and I just want the confirmation, you think us getting one 5 star puts us on the same level of recruiting as the best recruiting machine in the entirety of the sports…yes or no

18 hours ago, johnjacob said:

Ah no...we are never going to recruit with the likes of UK, as long as Calipari is there for sure.

They have 2 5* in the 2021 class, we have 1. They have 1 5* committed and 2 5* leans in the 2022 class, and we don't have any for now.

We are showing we can recruit top level, but we are not at their level.

Will be interesting to watch. 

The NIL may make our McDonald's bags as full as theirs.  One upshot may be the evening out of recruiting.