The Jalen Hurts Offense

AUght2win

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Look out for the 3 paragraph response that says nothing and a wink! It's coming!

Or a thumbs down, because evidently he's a child. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol back what up? What skill set are you speaking of? It's not accuracy then what is it? What are you arguing? That Bo can get better as time goes by? Ok we all know this. What are you comparing? You are literally arguing to be arguing.

I dare anybody to watch last game and point out how Bo didn't look exactly like the QB he played against. Or show how he compares more to colt McCoy than that guy

Amazing stats. 

Colt McCoy, in his 5th game of his Sophomore season...19/39 (48.7%), 200 yards, 1 TD, 4 ints, QBR 79.7

6 hours ago, DAG said:

To be fair, I still don’t see how you are comparing them. Besides them both being white and around the same size, there is literally no similarities. From coaching , scheme, years played, etc

Normal human beings can compare things that aren't identical. It's kind of the point. We have to use reference because no two people are alike.

Football fans compare play styles of players that aren't even remotely on the same level of ability or accomplishment. I can watch a JV game and point out how a kid's stride is like Darren McFadden or how another is built like Darrel Revis.

In my opinion, Bo is similar to Colt in size, muscle build, athleticism, speed, and the scheme he plays in. Their delivery is even a bit similar. If you don't agree, more power to ya!

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Normal human beings can compare things that aren't identical. It's kind of the point. We have to use reference because no two people are alike.

Football fans compare play styles of players that aren't even remotely on the same level of ability or accomplishment. I can watch a JV game and point out how a kid's stride is like Darren McFadden or how another is built like Darrel Revis.

In my opinion, Bo is similar to Colt in size, muscle build, athleticism, speed, and the scheme he plays in. Their delivery is even a bit similar. If you don't agree, more power to ya!

And I pretty much said the scheme , his stats , the type of QB they are aren’t comparable . I said it to the other guy two or three times already.  Read up next time.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

And I pretty much said the scheme , his stats , the type of QB they are aren’t comparable . I said it to the other guy two or three times already.  Read up next time.

Cool. Contribute more to a highly subjective conversation than just disagreement next time. 

Since we are throwing out crazy comparisons. You know I see Bo Nix as. Jeff freaking Driskel A much smaller Jeff Driskel.Not too accurate, has some slights of athleticism and potentially could be great . 

Just now, AUght2win said:

Cool. Contribute more to a highly subjective conversation than just disagreement next time. 

Bahaha yeah because my 5 post citing  an actual highlight tape of colt McCoy and stating why I disagree on this thread is not enough. Not my fault your lazy ass won’t read. 

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bahaha yeah because my 5 post citing  an actual highlight tape of colt McCoy and stating why I disagree on this thread is not enough. Not my fault your lazy ass won’t read. 

Oh I read it. You lost me at stats. You don't use stats to compare physical ability and play style. Stats reflect your coach, his philosophy, your conference, your teammates' talent, hell, even the era in which you play.

CJ Uzomah is comparable to Kyle Pitts of Florida, in terms of being long, lean tight ends with good hands and receiver type athleticism. But their stats couldn't be more different, because one plays for a competent coach who knows how to pass, the other played for Gus.  

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Oh I read it. You lost me at stats. You don't use stats to compare physical ability and play style. Stats reflect your coach, his philosophy, your conference, your teammates' talent, hell, even the era in which you play.

CJ Uzomah is comparable to Kyle Pitts of Florida, in terms of being long, lean tight ends with good hands and receiver type athleticism. But their stats couldn't be more different, because one plays for a competent coach who knows how to pass, the other played for Gus.  

I think you are just lost period. I was responding to Johnny who was using stats. You then chose to take my comment to him and try to lecture me on the proper way of comparison . Then you are wanting me to initiate in a debate with you when I’ve said all I needed to say about Colt McCoy. If you are saying they physical look the same then I agree. Otherwise the way they play is not similar at all. As others have posted, SW playing style is much more comparable to Colt McCoy.  

You legit went from Jalen hurts to Colt McCoy . Two QBs on the polar opposite spectrum.  But I am the lost one.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

You legit went from Jalen hurts to Colt McCoy . Two QBs on the polar opposite spectrum.  But I am the lost one.

Correct. Because you (and others, to be fair) can't comprehend that comparing similarities isn't a greater than/lesser than statement. 

This thread got way off the rails due to strawmanning. The initial point was we used Bo saturday like Kiffin used Hurts. Interested to see if that's our identity going forward. 

This was never about saying Bo was better than Jalen. He isn't. I do think they can be used similarly. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Correct. Because you (and others, to be fair) can't comprehend that comparing similarities isn't a greater than/lesser than statement. 

This thread got way off the rails due to strawmanning. The initial point was we used Bo saturday like Kiffin used Hurts. Interested to see if that's our identity going forward. 

This was never about saying Bo was better than Jalen. He isn't. I do think they can be used similarly. 

What? lol . You don’t even know what you are talking about, now. You said that we should emphasize more on Bo’s running ability in the opening (Alas Jalen Hurts) , yet you say a couple of pages later that Bo is more comparable to Colt based on athleticism , build and style of play?  Do you not see how Jalen Hurts and Colt have two completely different styles of play? Jalen Hurts was legit a pseudo running back in Alabama’s offense & OU system. Colt’s highest rushing attempts as a starter for one season doesn’t even match Jalen’s lowest rushing attempt as a starter. So who does Bo play like then? 

This is the dumbest thread ever. 2 guys trying to weasel out the same argument in two different ways contradicting each other. And trying to argue it by basically saying two guys don't have to be similar to say they are similar. Then insert a pic of any QB on earth and say see? Just look and think about it.....

Bo reminds me of Warren moon think about it.....there's no two people alike and you can't use stats and stuff.....the way they drink their Gatorade is the same though. Look at how they hold the cup. Now one is a hof player but that doesn't matter moon had better coaches!

Now God forbid anybody say Bo played like the QB he just went up against that kiffin coached because he's a nobody......we have to compare him to hurts and McCoy who he doesn't play anything alike because they are major names!

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Very stable, very healthy response.

As opposed to you saying they are the same because they both wore socks and cleats.....

I've done some in-depth checking and I think Bo is incredibly similar to a former Auburn QB named Patrick Nix.  They even wear the same jersey number and throw right-handed. It's uncanny.

Screenshot_20201028-185009~2.png

Screenshot_20201028-184810~2.png

Personally, he reminds me of Johnny Manziel.  Just his style of play and throwing motion at times.  It would be nice if he devolved into that.  Without the off the field stuff of course.  

50 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Personally, he reminds me of Johnny Manziel.  Just his style of play and throwing motion at times.  It would be nice if he devolved into that.  Without the off the field stuff of course.  

Bo essentially already is Manziel, just without Johnny's elusiveness and improvisational ability. JM was BRILLIANT at schoolyard, run-around-and-make-a-play football but mediocre at operating on-script, on-schedule, and within the offense. Go back and watch him sometime. You'll see him frequently flee clean pockets and pass up safe plays in order to run around and make something happen. Bo has the same tendency, he just doesn't have the improvisational wizardry to cover it up. 

11 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Bo essentially already is Manziel, just without Johnny's elusiveness and improvisational ability. JM was BRILLIANT at schoolyard, run-around-and-make-a-play football but mediocre at operating on-script, on-schedule, and within the offense. Go back and watch him sometime. You'll see him frequently flee clean pockets and pass up safe plays in order to run around and make something happen. Bo has the same tendency, he just doesn't have the improvisational wizardry to cover it up. 

So what you're saying is Bo wishes he was similar to Johnny Manziel, but isn't really much like him at all.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So what you're saying is Bo wishes he was similar to Johnny Manziel, but isn't really much like him at all.

I know you didn’t ask me, but since I brought it up... yea sure Bo wishes he could get similar results as JM.  Bo plays a very similar style of qb as him, but just simply isn’t as good as JM.  On the field, you can’t deny the similarities...... as mentioned before, not a better/worse comparison, a style of playing qb comparison. 

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

By "like JM", do you mean he makes bad choices and the WRs bail him out?

Um..... Never thought about it.... I don’t recall bad choices being bailed out by WRs honestly from JM, although I’m sure it happened.  So to answer your question, no that’s not what I mean.  

55 minutes ago, The Freak said:

By "like JM", do you mean he makes bad choices and the WRs bail him out?

Okay, I'm tracking now. He looks nothing like him in terms of play style, but Seth is sustaining his career much like Evans did Manziel. Copy that.

Manziel at least had freakish mobility and ability to keep the play alive. He was closer to Kyler Murray in that sense. Bo is... not.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I meant that Bo has many of the same bad habits as Johnny, i.e. he doesn't give up on plays even when he should, flees clean pockets before he needs to, has inconsistent mechanics, particularly under duress, and frequently wings bad passes into double and triple coverage hoping the receivers will make a play. Johnny got away with it because he was such a brilliant improviser and a legitimately slippery athlete. Bo isn't as dynamic an athlete as Johnny so he pays for his bad habits more. 

I think it's important to also point out that Bo and Johnny arrived at this style of play in very different ways and for very different reasons. JM's free-wheeling style was INTENTIONAL. He knew he could play this way and not only get away with it but be extremely successful doing it. Why would a kid who clearly bought his own hype as "Johnny Football" feel any pressure to change what clearly worked so well for him? Bo on the other hand, plays this way when he panics. When everything is working (against MSST and Bama last year, Kentucky and Ole Miss this year), he's mostly on-schedule and within the offense. 

Archived