Tank update?

AubWes33

Not a doctor, but stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, looks like he has a 'hip pointer'....very painful....usually it takes weeks to heal, but with today's medicine and training, he might be able to come back sooner...a lot will depend on him and his 'thresh hold of pain'....

When we get near the goal line we have V8 Blazin!

That really sucks. I love Shaun and DJ but we need a loaded Tank for that Bama game. It seems like the past few times we have played at T-town we have gone in there short handed (2018 Pettway was out, 2016 Shaun White was nursing an injury).  Our defense was solid last year, and we gave up 45 points to roughly the same offense.  Bama's D can sometimes look suspect, but without Tank I don't like our odds. 

37 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

That really sucks. I love Shaun and DJ but we need a loaded Tank for that Bama game. It seems like the past few times we have played at T-town we have gone in there short handed (2018 Pettway was out, 2016 Shaun White was nursing an injury).  Our defense was solid last year, and we gave up 45 points to roughly the same offense.  Bama's D can sometimes look suspect, but without Tank I don't like our odds. 

Honestly we are playing the best Bama team thev have fielded in years and without one or two key players. Add in the way we play in away games im figuring it will be done by the 2nd quarter. I will consider competing and keeping the score close a victory even without a W at the end. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Honestly we are playing the best Bama team thev have fielded in years and without one or two key players. Add in the way we play in away games im figuring it will be done by the 2nd quarter. I will consider competing and keeping the score close a victory even without a W at the end. 

Yes...and the Egg Bowl starts at 4, so I guess I can just flip the channel at halftime and forget about the whole thing.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Geez, Debbie...give my love to Mr. Downer and the kids. You could be right, but I think it will be a competitive game through the half. Unless, of course BadBo has brainfarts early that lead to non-offensive Bama TD's. I don't think we win, but I think we [can] keep it relatively close and cover.  

On 11/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Get him juiced up and ready to go 

This guys got a bright future. Why put him in to be hammered at less than 100% in a game that he wont be able to make a difference in anyway?

37 minutes ago, CR said:

This guys got a bright future. Why put him in to be hammered at less than 100% in a game that he wont be able to make a difference in anyway?

Exactly. We have games after this one that are more winnable, especially Moo St. 

1 hour ago, CR said:

Agreed , if he can go , he needs to go. If not sit out . I have no issue with that . I was making More of a Varsity Blues reference . He needs to be healthy before Saturday. 

On 11/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, auburn4ever said:

Hopefully Tank will be 100% and really to roll next week.

Agreed. Don't waste him against Alabama. It won't matter. Pulling off an upset against TAMU could be the cherry on this disappointing but normal season.

Shivers shows up to play against bama. He has had some great runs the past 2 seasons against them. Granted one was called back for an illegal block or something that we still haven't found.

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Shivers shows up to play against bama. He has had some great runs the past 2 seasons against them. Granted one was called back for an illegal block or something that we still haven't found.

That block and in the back call had me throwing things

Don't need to lose Tank in the IB like we did with KJ , back in '17 and not have him for the next 2 games. 

Obviously I would prefer to see Tank in there if he's fully capable.  But I've seen Gus send a few good players (i.e. Pettway, KJ, White) into games in an injured state and the results were not good.  I think it may have ruined Pettway's NFL career.

I've said this every year for the past 6 years.... But hopefully next year we can get our offensive problems ironed out.  Tank would be a huge part of solving that problem.  But not if he makes his injuries worse this Saturday.

Come to think of it.... wasn't Bo Jackson's hip issues that resulted in a hip replacement and knocked him out of the NFL initially reported as a "hip pointer".

4 minutes ago, countoff said:

Obviously I would prefer to see Tank in there if he's fully capable.  But I've seen Gus send a few good players (i.e. Pettway, KJ, White) into games in an injured state and the results were not good.  I think it may have ruined Pettway's NFL career.

I've said this every year for the past 6 years.... But hopefully next year we can get our offensive problems ironed out.  Tank would be a huge part of solving that problem.  But not if he makes his injuries worse this Saturday.

Come to think of it.... wasn't Bo Jackson's hip issues that resulted in a hip replacement and knocked him out of the NFL initially reported as a "hip pointer".

Bo’s injury was totally different.    When Tank landed on his side and was hurt, I immediately said “hip pointer”.   I’ve had one.  Extremely painful but just a deep bruise.   Bo literally pulled his hip apart with his massive leg muscles. 

Archived