Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

NFL is fine with hiring black coaches, just not head coaches 

Well go look up the percentage of black coaches and tell me how fine it is.......It's just not as bad as head coaches but fine? Please. And after that look at the black coaches once they have been removed. If it was fine he probably wouldn't have to jump at this offer

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I meant if Rocker had no ties to AU. 

Disappointing for coaches and players on team currently. However, the answer to your question lies in the facts of how often the coach moved around.

1 year at Troy

5 years at Arkansas

olE miss, Auburn, let go byTitans, fired by Thuga, 

2 years at UT, went to SC, and apparently Auburn bought his contract out to come to Auburn. 
I wasn’t as bummed with Greg Brown! LOL!

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Auburn has given to Rocker much as they got.  Not only did he get a chance to come to a major college program, earn a college degree for free, get the best coaching, training and nutrition and healthcare along the way, and make his case for a shot at the league, we've paid him well into six figures whenever he has come to coach here.  It ain't like we pulled on the heartstrings and asked him to coach DL on a volunteer basis out of love for Auburn.  He was set to make half a million dollars this time around.

But it's clear that he sees Auburn as a fall back when something else isn't available and I think we deserve better than that.

He came here and became one of the best to wear the uniform. Made it to the NFL

He was hired as a d-line coach, helped us to a national championship and was so good at coaching he got an NFL opportunity.

Hired by USC, but when an opportunity rose to come back to Auburn, a better opportunity, he took it.

Offered a second chance at the NFL, he takes it.   To say he sees Auburn as a fall back option is a poor take, I am sorry.

Just now, MaxCohen216 said:

No, I'm not gonna make enemies here under any circumstances.

No I'm talking about quality of posts.....I didn't take your enemy talk seriously enough to respond. This is a freaking football forum. Not a Batman comic. I already know 90% of the people on here wouldn't say a word to me off the net

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Tosh Lupoi or Travis Williams.

For D-Line? Tosh.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well go look up the percentage of black coaches and tell me how fine it is.......It's just not as bad as head coaches but fine? Please. And after that look at the black coaches once they have been removed. If it was fine he probably wouldn't have to jump at this offer

Let me know what you find out. Anything 12% or greater is equitable based on the U.S. population.

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean. We literally know he doesn't like recruiting. He doesn't like being on the road 

What we've been told is that he doesn't have that thing in him that will blow sunshine up a 18 year old kid's butt and make him feel like he's the bestest thing ever to get him to commit to a school.  He'll make his case but he doesn't like the schmooze bull**** part of recruiting.

I wonder if Mason would be open to throwing Tosh a Co-DC title that was just an OTJ training position with no real input?  That and a boat load of cash and we might could get him on board with the possibility of taking over the role when Mason gets another HC gig.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Let me know what you find out. Anything 12% or greater is equitable based on the U.S. population.

The NFL is 72% black

If we ever have another spot to open years from now, I hope we never think about Tracy Rocker. He never seems to stay long at all when mama calls him home to coach. Besides, he doesn't like to go out recruiting. We need a GREAT coach and a GREAT recruiter.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He came here and became one of the best to wear the uniform. Made it to the NFL

He was hired as a d-line coach, helped us to a national championship and was so good at coaching he got an NFL opportunity.

Hired by USC, but when an opportunity rose to come back to Auburn, a better opportunity, he took it.

Offered a second chance at the NFL, he takes it.   To say he sees Auburn as a fall back option is a poor take, I am sorry.

In coaching, we're a fallback.  When you leave a job - any job - ten days after taking it, it was obviously not where you really wanted to be.  He obviously prefers to be in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The next guy we hire if he'd get a call to the NFL would do the same damn thing and given as much? Please

Not everyone likes coaching in the NFL or is built for the way it works..  Saban didn't like it.  Spurrier didn't either.  Rocker apparently does.  Let's not get in his way the next time.

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The NFL is 72% black

6% of the NFL HC are black. There is a massive disconnect between coaches and player populations. It goes deeper than % of population. 

You've got high level coordinators who can't get jobs and then the Saints QB coach gets an NFL spot and awful coaches Like Gase get recycle but no black coach does. 

The NFL is trying to address this bc they know it as an issue 

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

How did this become a discussion on race?

The only part is his limited opportunity so he probably has to jump on it. Which of course most won't think about

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Some people just have to play that card

Some entitled ass holes have to call it a card

I wish Rocker the best.... But IMO it should definitely be a hindrance when considering future coaching opportunities at AU.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not everyone likes coaching in the NFL or is built for the way it works..  Saban didn't like it.  Spurrier didn't either.  Rocker apparently does.  Let's not get in his way the next time.

Now you're arguing just toargue. We both know that most coaches that excel will go the NFL like those guys did. And they were head coaches too. Didn't saban work in the NFL before eventually being a head coach?

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

6% of the NFL HC are black. There is a massive disconnect between coaches and player populations. It goes deeper than % of population. 

You've got high level coordinators who can't get jobs and then the Saints QB coach gets an NFL spot and awful coaches Like Gase get recycle but no black coach does. 

The NFL is trying to address this bc they know it as an issue 

It's just a card......it's all made up

It was all good when Gus left arky to come here.....I wonder what harsin would do if he was offered more money to go coach the Seahawks 🤔

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It's just a card......it's all made up

It's very nice to be a white male and never have to think about race, so it's easily dismissed. 

Privilege is real

Just now, cole256 said:

It was all good when Gus left arky to come here.....I wonder what harsin would do if he was offered more money to go coach the Seahawks 🤔

He wasn't brought back by Ark and went to Southern Miss. 

But him being an OC at Southern Miss and then taking the smae position at Auburn is pretty similar to what Rock just did

Archived