Demetris Robertson Arrives for Fall

toddc

UGA transfer Demetris Robertson arrives at Auburn

Georgia receiver transfer Demetris Robertson, a newcomer expected to play an important role in Bryan Harsin’s offense this season, has made it to Auburn.

Robertson contacted Auburn Undercover on Sunday to inform us of his early morning arrival.

“They wanted me here early so I could get things started,” Robertson said.

According to Robertson, his first task in Auburn will be “my physical, medical stuff.”

As for his debut practice with the Tigers, when will that come?

”As soon as I’m done with my physical today,” he said.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/demetris-robertson-auburn-fall-camp-tigers-football-report-preseason-practices-2021-schedule-wide-receiver-depth-chart-cornelius-williams-168866840/

• Like 4

• toddc changed the title to Demetris Robertson Arrives for Fall

if our other receivers do not quit dropping balls the opposing d's will tee off on this kid and i do not see the situation improving a whole lot. i hope i am wrong. i watch other teams like the turds they seem to hardly to drop passes. are they taught better? we have a new and i thought maybe it would be an improvement and maybe it is still too early but thes guys run pass and catch drills all summer long, what am i missing?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if our other receivers do not quit dropping balls the opposing d's will tee off on this kid and i do not see the situation improving a whole lot. i hope i am wrong. i watch other teams like the turds they seem to hardly to drop passes. are they taught better? we have a new and i thought maybe it would be an improvement and maybe it is still too early but thes guys run pass and catch drills all summer long, what am i missing?

At bammer they wouldn't report dropped passes, especially not from the first day. There's nothing to teach about catching. If you think about it you hardly ever see a team where everybody has a problem with catching passes. 

It's just something to do with reps. You just keep doing it all the time and make it second nature. There are things to learn as far as route running, and footwork and all of that. 

At most if Bo has changed his throwing motion or has been working on his footwork there may be a slight adaption to timing. And having TJ being brand new they have to build a rapport. Everybody is shaking off of rust

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

At bammer they wouldn't report dropped passes, especially not from the first day. There's nothing to teach about catching. If you think about it you hardly ever see a team where everybody has a problem with catching passes. 

It's just something to do with reps. You just keep doing it all the time and make it second nature. There are things to learn as far as route running, and footwork and all of that. 

At most if Bo has changed his throwing motion or has been working on his footwork there may be a slight adaption to timing. And having TJ being brand new they have to build a rapport. Everybody is shaking off of rust

And sometime guys just don't have great hands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb711 said:

And sometime guys just don't have great hands

Absolutely and the some guys are incredible at making the hardest catches and they didn't practice a lick at it. I remember how Julio Jones would have a few drops every now and then, you know how stupid a bammer fan would look to complain about a few drops instead of praising how he literally dominate defenses? 

It's guys just can't catch. It's been found out that guys eyes were bad then they got contacts or whatever and got better, sometimes guys have dropped balls because they saw a hit coming, sometimes guys have dropped because of the moment (obanamu), sometimes guys drop because they are already trying to make a play before the ball get there, sometimes the throw is just awful. This is the start of the real thing. Guys are nervous about the first few catches because their new coach are watching and they have an opportunity to play and don't want to lose it.....it's the first freaking day......I'd expect a clown like that guy crepa to write some trash like that.....but nobody else. 

• Like 1

Oh and the part of pointing out it was screen passes as if they are easier to catch really shows how the guy doesn't even know really. 

I'd prefer a 10 yard out to a screen any day. When you are getting a screen you can't see what's in front of you and if you've played long enough you've had your head separated from your body from getting blown up on a screen play before and that's in your head, making a play immediately is in your head, you know you have to get up field quick or it's like a sack

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh and the part of pointing out it was screen passes as if they are easier to catch really shows how the guy doesn't even know really. 

I'd prefer a 10 yard out to a screen any day. When you are getting a screen you can't see what's in front of you and if you've played long enough you've hard your head separated from your body from getting blown on a screen play before and that's in your head, making a play immediately is in your head, you can't see in front of you is in your head as well. 

Thanks man. Just because it's a screen doesn't make it easier to catch. In fact, I would argue that I see more dropped screens than I do most any other pass. Screens aren't exactly the easiest throw to make either. Ball placement has to be precise, and receivers many times will attempt to make a play before securing the catch. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thanks man. Just because it's a screen doesn't make it easier to catch. In fact, I would argue that I see more dropped screens than I do most any other pass. Screens aren't exactly the easiest throw to make either. Ball placement has to be precise, and receivers many times will attempt to make a play before securing the catch. 

I was trying to explain this but you'd be surprised as to when you try to tell some things you know people get upset. But I agree with you there, it's basically playing hot potato and if you mess up you get knocked into another time zone

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was trying to explain this but you'd be surprised as to when you try to tell some things you know people get upset. But I agree with you there, it's basically playing hot potato and if you mess up you get knocked into another time zone

Yeah, I'm calling BS on the entire article. For one thing, those reacting to it have no idea what kind of screens it's talking about either. Could it have possibly been tunnel screens, which place even more emphasis on ball placement? Who knows?

Tell me how they are doing catching balls between the hashes. Then I might be much more interested.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, I'm calling BS on the entire article. For one thing, those reacting to it have no idea what kind of screens it's talking about either. Could it have possibly been tunnel screens, which place even more emphasis on ball placement? Who knows?

Tell me how they are doing catching balls between the hashes. Then I might be much more interested.

Just putting unnecessary pressure on a young group of inexperienced receivers for no reason. I don't remember ever reading about Tank fumbling, I don't think he's gone without actually fumbling in practice, it's just no reason to report it. 

Even if it's true now we're the dummies who has written an article about our weakness......just dumb imo

• Like 1