Trump Spanked for Absence From 9/11 Memorial Services: ‘Ceremony Isn’t About Him, So Why Bother’

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Rosemary Rossi
5-6 minutes

Donald Trump was conspicuously missing from the memorial services attended by former presidents marking the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on American soil – and Twitter users took note, sending “where’s trump” trending Saturday.

President Joe Biden and former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton attended the main ceremony in Lower Manhattan where the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers once stood, while former president George W. Bush spoke at a memorial close to Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where Biden later laid a wreath before visiting the Pentagon, where 44 people died. Lee Cochran, a spokeswoman for the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, confirmed that Trump’s people were given the same details about the ceremony but chose not to attend.

“He had the option to attend but decided to honor the day with different stops,” Trump’s spokeswoman, Liz Harrington, said.

Rather than attend the somber name-reading ceremony of those who perished, Trump posted a video and issued an aggressive statement. “For the great people of our country this is a very sad day,” Trump said at the start of the video shared online. “September 11 represents great sorrow for our country.”

He then turned his attention to praising his lawyer Rudy Giuliani (who was the mayor of New York on the day of the 9/11 attacks) and criticizing President Biden’s troop pullout from Afghanistan.

“It is also a sad time for the way our war on those that did such harm to our country ended last week, the loss of 13 great warriors and the many more who were wounded, should never have happened,” Trump said in the video. “It was caused by bad planning, incredible weakness and leaders who truly didn’t understand what was happening. This is the 20th year of this war, and should have been a year of victory and honor, and strength.”

Trump repeated his denigration of Biden when he spoke at the NYPD’s 17th Precinct in East Midtown Saturday. The former president told the officers he was surprised the Afghanistan pullout hadn’t come up in other 9/11 memorial speeches.

People on Twitter were about as divided about Trump being MIA from the main festivities as you might expect, with most Trump critics making fun of his plans later today on this day of national mourning – he’s providing commentary for a pay-per-view boxing match in Hollywood, Florida.

“How America’s former presidents will commemorate 9/11 President Bush- Keynote speaker at Flight 93 Memorial President Obama- Ground Zero Memorial President Biden- Memorial Services at all 3 memorial sites Trump- Ringside commentary at Boxing match,” wrote one Twitter user.

While another wrote: “Trump visits a police department to air grievances. Can he just be respectful for one freaking day?”

Yet another pointed out that Trump once called New York City his home. “He literally has an apartment here.”

yep just keep bashing biden when you guys worship the biggest idiot in politics. it is a bad look when you love trump and give him passes while attacking biden........right gramps?

• Facepalm 1

Although I would say that it’s something I wouldn’t  have done, who cares?   It’s Trump derangement syndrome.   It’s hilarious that some can’t let go.   Who cares what he does or doesn’t do.   I don’t.   As far as the current guy in office,  it’s his watch now.  

Edited by aubaseball

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Although I would say that it’s something I wouldn’t  have done, who cares?   It’s Trump derangement syndrome.   It’s hilarious that some can’t let go.   Who cares what he does or doesn’t do.   I don’t.   As far as the current guy in office,  it’s his watch now.  

Sorry man. He is a FORMER President. Its part and parcel of the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Sorry man. He is a FORMER President. Its part and parcel of the job.

They bend over backwards to treat Trump differently than any other President and then claim it’s everyone else that’s doing it. Collective mental illness.

• Like 3

Doing the Former President thing means you do public appearances. Public appearances on national holidays etc is just part of the deal. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Doing the Former President thing means you do public appearances. Public appearances on national holidays etc is just part of the deal. 

You honor the dead. You honor those who sacrificed. This is not new. It’s baseline. It’s the bare minimum. His flock doesn’t care. They still worship him and make excuses for him. They place him above common decency that used to know no party. 

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

when people diss biden for looking at his watch and the orange crap pile does not even bother to do his job................screw him. you guys are awful selective. one thing for sure is biden has not stolen money from childrens and vets charities that was done so brazen they shut him down and and will never be allowed to start another charity. people want to diss the left because those mean libs picked on trump. next time pick a guy that is not a human stain and might have just a tad of honor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

They bend over backwards to treat Trump differently than any other President and then claim it’s everyone else that’s doing it. Collective mental illness.

trump brings that mostly all on himself. the fact you people could care less what charities he steals from or the people HE slanders and all the lies he tells me all i need to know. trump has no honor and no class. and lets not forget the sixth of january where his mouth caused deaths by convincing folks the election was stolen. how long is it going to take before you folks realize trump is only fro trump and what he can steal from this country?

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

trump brings that mostly all on himself. the fact you people could care less what charities he steals from or the people HE slanders and all the lies he tells me all i need to know. trump has no honor and no class. and lets not forget the sixth of january where his mouth caused deaths by convincing folks the election was stolen. how long is it going to take before you folks realize trump is only fro trump and what he can steal from this country?

Most of his supporters have so dehumanized the “other side” they few them as even worse. This is why the polarization runs so deeply. For a significant chunk of his supporters he also frees their inner a**hole. Turns out we have far more a**holes than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

For a significant chunk of his supporters he also frees their inner a**hole. Turns out we have far more a**holes than I thought.

Question; is this statement dehumanizing?

• Sad 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

xPnz528ly0qYTPkZyKFJ7MwRry12-VlsfY_XT1X8

k1lflj7i1ym71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So let me get this straight.  You lefties all WANTED Trump to be in the top picture with all the other former presidents. Is that right?

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Haha 1

Stop the stoopid, it hurts!!!!

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Pro life memes are hilarious'

From one of the girls I taught in Youth Group.

Edited by DKW 86