Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

15 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Great victory! Almost had a heart attack in the last 5 minutes. I was there in T-Town in 1978 when the Auburn BB team blew a 17 point lead in the 2nd half. So glad this team had the talent and mental toughness to pullout the victory on Bammer’s home court!

These 2nd half lulls are taking their toll on me 😂. Awesome win!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When Flanigan went inside and defender went straight up and Flanigan was knocked to floor. No foul was called and I think that was the right call. It is a shame that Kessler's 1st two fouls were identical except in one there was no contact and in the other the bama player initiated the contact. That said in a way I think it helped Auburn as it put a more athletic team on the floor. So many players stepped up. Jabari played the best game he has played at Auburn this year. Wendell Green again, KD, Flanigan all in double figures. Cardwell with a great defensive effort tonight. This team finds a way to win. Baylor and USC lost tonight.  We could move up the rankings from number 4.

Depending on the officiating crew Kessler will continue to get foul calls because he’s big. SEC Officiates in basketball are notoriously a joke and if we make it to March I hope we will see a better crew. Sucks for Kessler because he’s robbed of getting to play. Going to have to find a way around it. 

https://twitter.com/PabloEscoburner/status/1481123445526216706?s=20

9 minutes ago, looney said:

Tried that above and all I see is the URL. No image.

I'm a terrible IT guy.

After you copy it in, you have to click "Paste as plain text instead"

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Insanely satisfying

FI3_nKXWYAMCh30.jpeg

I’m not usually one for showboating (not because I’m against it. I actually love it but am a crazy person who never wants to jinx anything) but this is deserved. Fans (not students) were ripping into our guys all night. At one point one old man was going at Jabari after he hit that jumper in the second half, you know he is an 18 year old kid…….

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m not usually one for showboating (not because I’m against it. I actually love it but am a crazy person who never wants to jinx anything) but this is deserved. Fans (not students) were ripping into our guys all night. At one point one old man was going at Jabari after he hit that jumper in the second half, you know he is an 18 year old kid…….

Flan said post game that after the Iron Bowl the football team went over to the endzone and did the crane right in front of the basketball team. They remembered.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

https://twitter.com/PabloEscoburner/status/1481123445526216706?s=20

After you copy it in, you have to click "Paste as plain text instead"

Genius.

Thanks. That's counter-intuitive, but it worked.

Now everyone go back and look at the amazing Tweet I posted.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Someone on CollegeBasketball subreddit asked who would be #1 if Baylor lost this week. I said if Auburn wins both games this week I think they would have to jump to #1. They would have one of the best quad 1/2 records.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Flan said post game that after the Iron Bowl the football team went over to the endzone and did the crane right in front of the basketball team. They remembered.

Didnt know that tidbit. Even more deserved. Their football team had it twisted up though. Should have stayed in their sport. Our basketball team ain’t in a rebuild, we built already. 

• Like 2

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Didnt know that tidbit. Even more deserved. Their football team had it twisted up though. Should have stayed in their sport. Our basketball team ain’t in a rebuild, we built already. 

Quote for clarification

• Love 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So I am watching Auburn play for the first time. Lot's of talent but boy do I get frustrated with Bruce Pearl ball. It is magical and fun when it gets going but it quickly can dissipate in a minute.

Auburn beat a very good UAT team on the road. That's the kind of frustration I can live with all day long.

• Like 1

Hey, guys ... remember that dude that posted here before and got banned because he was the worst Realtor ever?

Remember how I said this team will win 25 games.

I think I'm gonna be safe on that bet and I'll get to stick around for more years.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is one fun team! So deep. A few games ago one of the commentators said without Kessler on the floor we would be average. Enter Dylan Cardwell and company. 

• Like 1