Jeremiah Wilson joins staff

aubiefifty

Auburn adds former Florida State and Tennessee assistant to the staff

Patrick Conn

2 minutes

After it was reported by Matt Zenitz of On3 that Jeremiah Wilson was expected to join the Auburn Tigers staff, he confirmed it on Twitter.

Wilson comes from Akron where he served as the defensive backs coach last season. He will likely assist secondary coach Zac Etheridge for the upcoming season in an analyst role.

Prior to Akron, Jeremiah Wilson served as a quality control coach for the Tennessee Volunteers in 2019 and 2020. His other top assistant job came at Florida State University where he was an off-field assistant for the Seminoles staff from 2013 until 2017. He joined Tennessee-Chatanooga’s staff in 2018.

His role with the Seminoles revolved around the secondary and recruiting. During his time with the Noles there were several key secondary players drafted into the NFL under his watch, including Super Bowl champion Jalen Ramsey.

Jalen Ramsey

Lamarcus Joyner

Terrance Brooks

PJ Williams

Derwin James

This could prove to be another key hire for Bryan Harsin and the Auburn staff.

Contact/Follow us @AuburnWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinions.

Follow Patrick on Twitter: @PatrickConnCFB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Oh good, we don't have enough DBs already

In todays game with teams often using spread offenses DB's are needed more than ever. Like every position you recruit not every player works out plus some need time to develop. Yes we brought in some DB's but we also lost some this year and every year you want new highly rated DB's so getting somebody who can recruit DB's is always needed. He had a history of being good in that area so I pointed it out. The DC that just left and so many are moaning about leaving also thought getting DB's was one of the keys to a good defense in today's game.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You can never have enough good-elite DBs. We had 4 out there in 2019 and still let Waddle look like…Waddle, because we had one weak link they exploited. 

It’s crazy how people on here still don’t understand that. They discuss having “too many DB’s” like they’re punters or something. The SEC is a passing league now

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

It’s crazy how people on here still don’t understand that. They discuss having “too many DB’s” like they’re punters or something. The SEC is a passing league now

I also don't think we have too many particularly stellar DBs right now with how some of the guys last season seemed meh as opportunity opened up. They'll likely improve with another season of continuity, but there's very few guys right now that tell me "hey, we already got enough dudes in this stable right now" 

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I also don't think we have too many particularly stellar DBs right now with how some of the guys last season seemed meh as opportunity opened up. They'll likely improve with another season of continuity, but there's very few guys right now that tell me "hey, we already got enough dudes in this stable right now" 

Yeah our best corner we got right now is probably Simpson. He’s not bad but....... the DB’s got a lot of work to do 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Jeremiah Wilson joins staff