Better Fit At Coordinator On Both Sides

Rednilla

On 5/1/2022 at 12:08 PM, metafour said:

Regardless of whether or not they are "yes men", the bigger concern to me is that Harsin has been here one year and he's already shown full blast the entire "he's hard to work with" problem that Boise State people were already critical about while he was there. The issue here is that this drastically reduces the potential talent-pool of coaches that Auburn can field, so what happens when one of these guys leaves?

To me, the ability for a head coach to be flexible and mesh with others is one of the most underrated qualities there is. Harsin seems to be entirely a "I'm the hammer" type personality, which sounds nice from a "toughness" perspective, but it's actually a hindrance when it's time to build an elite staff. These guys might be amazing coaches, but you're already seeing a huge lag and learning curve where guys like Schmedding are completely useless on the recruiting trail - so let's pretend that he's so amazing as a DC that he lands a HC job at Wyoming or some crap; now what? We're going to find someone else from outside the region that Harsin trusts, who is then also going to need to learn how the recruit here?

For a second I thought this was a post from Mikey lmao