Eku Leota out for the season

AUINSY

You guys see our defensive depth chart for GA? We didn't have a  DE to replace Eku, so we had to change our base defense to  4-2-5... We playing with One DE. ,(Hall)... Unreal...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

That's quite alright. As an example, Tank decided to stay at Auburn. I'm glad he stuck to his original commitment and he's still here as a viable, healthy, productive player. However, in doing so I believe he's hurt his productivity and draft prospects by staying here compared to going to a team that has a long-term coach and a solid O-line. Had he gotten injured in game 3 or 4 with, say a dislocated shoulder, I certainly would not blame the young man on getting healthy to protect his draft prospects. 

However, that's hypotheticals. Anyhow, it's a bummer Leota is now injured and out for the rest of the season. We definitely will be hurting next year if we don't do the portal right or get some solid recruits backfilling holes/gaps in our roster. I'm hoping we have a team to field by the year's/season's end. 

Tank should have transferred to UGA.  I can't tell if he's good enough for the NFL or not behind our piss poor line.

This sucks. Eku is an absolute monster and a true warrior. He's been a fantastic addition. He just explodes off the edge. Hope he gets healthy soon and has a great NFL career

• Like 1

Thank you for being a steady player who has played with enthusiasm, heart and strength, Eku.  I hope you have the opportunity to have a better year next year.  Auburn needs you.  Heal well, young man.  

• Like 1

Man, the pass rush against UGA...whoo. Thankfully, there aren't too many stellar OLs on the docket. Alabama has a pretty middling one (better than last season's), but I don't think we have the front 7 to take advantage of it for more than a quarter or so. Ole Miss should be able to neutralize it for the most part, plus Dart's pretty mobile. 

hope it works out for Eku though

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Tank should have transferred to UGA.  I can't tell if he's good enough for the NFL or not behind our piss poor line.

The NFL guys know that he's good enough for the NFL, with no offense meant to you. Playing with Auburn for 3 years probably cost him a day 1 spot, but he'll definitely be a Day 2 guy, sans injury 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

This is pretty much what I’m saying. The Auburn man/fan in me hates this, but it’s pretty much true. He’d be getting 1,500 - 2,000 yards at somewhere like UGA or Bammer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c02mvzwo9lqcknqh6y

The only reason I ask is b/c this coaching is generationally bad. And our players deserve better. But your point is received. 

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse.   Leota is my favorite defensive player.   Any chance he takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year?

3 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse.   Leota is my favorite defensive player.   Any chance he takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year?

Probably depends on his NFL assessment.