BAMAPERRYs recruiting posts

BAMMERPERRY

Five-star running back Joe McKnight has been the most discussed prospect by Alabama fans since the hiring of Nick Saban. Thursday, McKnight, 6-foot-1, 193 pounds, met with the new Tide coach for the first time, and the meeting went well.

McKnight rated No. 2 prospect in the nation by Rivals.com

"Coach Saban came by the school for a while today, and we talked. It went really well. He talked about Alabama and how he would like me to come and play for him. He went over the running backs they have and how they would use me in his offense. Just the usual stuff, but I was talking to Coach Saban so that was different," McKnight said. "It was good seeing him again. I knew he was coming, and I had been looking forward to it. I followed the whole coaching search and was curious to see if he took the job. When he did, I was hoping he would at least contact me. He's a great coach, and there are a lot of players who would want to play for him.

"I've known him for a long time. We initially met with I was 8th grade, and he was out at the school watching me practice. It was a big deal for him to be there, and I watched his teams at LSU and loved the style he coaches. At the time, he probably didn't know I was going to be a prospect, but he was nice to me and that stood out.

"I told him before he left that I would visit the last weekend before signing day. I had the next two weekends full, but I'm going to visit there before I decide anything."

McKnight admitted a respect for the Alabama program and a respect for the storied history.

"I know enough about Alabama including that they've won 12 national championships. That's always attractive and growing up in the South, you know they are one of the top programs," McKnight said. "I found it interesting when he told me his starting backfield was gone and that I would have an even field to compete against the other backs because they were inexperienced too. I have a lot of respect for their program.

"The campus, academics dorms and the rest, I'll learn about on my visit."

With three official visits left, the nation's second-best prospect overall claims no overall favorites.

"For me everyone is pretty much even. Everyone wants to give me a top two, but it's USC, LSU, Alabama and Ole Miss. I visit USC this weekend and then LSU. After that, I'll wrap it up with Alabama," McKnight said. "I'm just looking for a place where I can play ball, get a good education and enjoy college. I want to compete for a national championship and play early if possible."

In other recruiting news, it appear that Luther Davis and Ahmad Paige will be attendingthe University of Alabama , according to my source in Monroe. Davis committed to LSU during the US Army All-Star game in San Antonio on national TV and spent much of the week recruiting Joseph Barsdale and other players for LSU. Davis made a surprise visit to Alabama last weekend after Nick Saban made a visit to West Monroe earlier in the week. After Saban's visit to West Monroe Davis said that if Saban was still the head coach at LSU that he would not have committed to LSU. Saban returned to the area Tuesday and made a visit to Ouachita high school to watch junior Tyler Edwards workout and was accompanied by Tyler Edward's older brother, Eric, who played for Saban on the 2003 national championship team. After his visit at Ouachita high school, Saban made a stop at West Monroe and might have wrapped up the deal for Davis . After the West Monroe stop, Saban attended the SterlingtonJonesboro basketball game to take a look at Ahmad Paige. Davis and Paige have said for several months that they both want to attend the same school and it is looking like it will be Alabama.

You.............are....................an......................idiot. Mcknight has said that he's already tired of the recruiting process and doesn't even know if he's going to visit Bama. Doesn't sound good for Satan and Bama.

You.............are....................an......................idiot. Mcknight has said that he's already tired of the recruiting process and doesn't even know if he's going to visit Bama. Doesn't sound good for Satan and Bama.

mcKnight rates interst in Bama no higher than medium, third place.

January 25, 2007

Five-star prospects Joe McKnight (River Ridge, La.) and Chad Jones (Baton Rouge, La.) highlight an important recruiting weekend for LSU. TigerBait.com's Mike Scarborough discusses these players plus some of the other key targets visiting Baton Rouge.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=634067

COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST OFFER VISIT RECRUITED BY

LSU...................High Offered 1/26/2007 Larry Porter

Southern Cal .....High Offered 1/19/2007 Ken Norton Jr.

Alabama......... Medium Offered No visit None

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...774&Sport=1

More From The Press-Register | Subscribe To The Press-Register

Alabama hoping to sway Davidson safety McNeil

Warriors' star visiting Tuscaloosa this weekend

Friday, January 26, 2007

By THOMAS MURPHY

Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA -- Michael McNeil is ready for the recruiting process to be over, the people close to him say.

The supremely talented safety at Davidson High School has one more visit remaining, so the University of Alabama will take its best shot starting today to land the No. 6-rated player on the Press-Register's Super Southeast 120 list.

"He's ready to make a decision," said Davidson defensive coordinator Bart Sessions. "This is Mike's last visit. He said he's not taking a fifth (visit)."

Alabama appears to be trailing McNeil's other suitors -- Auburn, Florida State and Tennessee -- heading down the homestretch. Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville and FSU coach Bobby Bowden had their in-home visits with McNeil on Thursday, which finished up this week's round of in-home visits in advance of Tuesday's press conference at Davidson.

McNeil and teammate DaMario Ambrose, a 6-5, 250-pound defensive end, are both scheduled to announce their college intentions at that press conference.

Ambrose had been wavering on a decision to visit Alabama until deciding to do it on Thursday. Arkansas and Purdue appear to be his top choices, although Alabama would have a shot if it made an offer.

A few other Mobile-area prospects who might be on the Tide campus this weekend are B.C. Rain defensive back Elliott McGaskin, Williamson offensive lineman Nick Fairley and Baker safety Ken Dailey.

The crop of visitors in line to tour the Capstone is pretty big, and it is expected to include a pair of blue-chip running backs -- Noel Devine of North Fort Myers (Fla.) High and Lennon Creer of Tatum, Texas. Neither had Alabama prominently on their radar until the Nick Saban staff took over.

Another intriguing player slated to be in this weekend is Hoover defensive tackle Josh Chapman, an Auburn pledge who had a grayshirt offer from the Mike Shula staff. It might be too late for the Tide to sway Chapman, much like the failed last-ditch effort to turn W.S. Neal lineman Jared Cooper last weekend.

Other probable visitors include: offensive lineman William Vlachos of Mountain Brook, a Tide grayshirt verbal who reportedly visited Florida State earlier this week; defensive end Chavis Williams of Dora, an Arkansas commitment; receiver Lionel Breaux of New Orleans, an Ole Miss commitment; linebacker Earl Patin of Baton Rouge (La.) Southern Lab; safety Michael Ricks of Northeast Mississippi College, an Alabama native who signed with the Tide two years ago; and receiver Darius Hanks of Norcross, Ga.

Two other items of interest from regional recruiting on Thursday involved McGill-Toolen defensive lineman Sidell Corley and linebacker Allen Bailey of McIntosh County (Ga.) Academy. Corley, a soft Florida commitment, will be taking a somewhat surprise visit to LSU this weekend after touring the Capstone last week.

The big battle for Corley is expected to boil down between Alabama and Florida.

Bailey surprisingly eliminated Georgia from consideration, apparently narrowing his list to Alabama, Miami and Florida.

My Webpage

In other recruiting news, it appear that Luther Davis and Ahmad Paige will be attendingthe University of Alabama , according to my source in Monroe. Davis committed to LSU during the US Army All-Star game in San Antonio on national TV and spent much of the week recruiting Joseph Barsdale and other players for LSU. Davis made a surprise visit to Alabama last weekend after Nick Saban made a visit to West Monroe earlier in the week. After Saban's visit to West Monroe Davis said that if Saban was still the head coach at LSU that he would not have committed to LSU. Saban returned to the area Tuesday and made a visit to Ouachita high school to watch junior Tyler Edwards workout and was accompanied by Tyler Edward's older brother, Eric, who played for Saban on the 2003 national championship team. After his visit at Ouachita high school, Saban made a stop at West Monroe and might have wrapped up the deal for Davis . After the West Monroe stop, Saban attended the SterlingtonJonesboro basketball game to take a look at Ahmad Paige. Davis and Paige have said for several months that they both want to attend the same school and it is looking like it will be Alabama.

My info is that Les Miles told Luthur he wasn't interested in him any more (seriously) after the visit to Bamar. Les is quoted as saying, "You shop, we shop"...(not seriously). :)

:au::homer:

Archived