Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers

Roll Tide Rev

It doesn't matter if you're wearing orange or crimson glasses- Alabama playing 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school is unfair. I'm glad it's being addressed.

WHAAA!!!! It's not fair. WHAAA ! They are all rested and junk. WHAAA :puke: What a bunch of crybabies.

You don't see LSU fans crying B/C you had a bye week before you played them do you??? HUH

So you think it's fair that 6 SEC teams are taking the weak off prior to playing Alabama next year? And that we've had to face 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school? That's no coincidence and you are blinded by hate if you think Alabama shouldn't be complaining about it.

Also, when you next address me, please leave out the childish remarks like 'WHAAA!!!!' It really takes away from whatever point you might have had and really makes you look like a fool.

First let me say I will address you in anyway I want too.WHAAAAAAAAAA :roflol::roflol: OH And BTW if you want to be the best team in the SEC remember that "EVERYONE" will want to take the week off before playing you!It's there biggest game of the year!!!! Hello!!!! Your biggest game of the year was LSU Right? So who took there bye week before that game "ANYONE" ?????? Just more of the same from crybaby Bama fans. But what surprise! An Alabama fan wanting to have it both ways. What a shocker! :moon:

I don't know why it would bother them......They are going for 3 straight recruiting national titles and have more depth than anybody...They are loaded...Forget the fact that they are losing 23 seniors, they will just plug somebody else in and run that well oiled machine! <_<

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has addressed the question of whether or not its fair that 6 teams get an extra week to prepare and rest before they play us.

That's 75 percent of our league opponents.

Nobody has addressed the question of whether or not its fair that 6 teams get an extra week to prepare and rest before they play us.

I don't think it's done on purpose. Schedules are made years in advance. Before Last year, why would you want to blow a week off before Bama? Chizik does not like the idea of us having our week off before Bama. He would rather have it in the middle of the season..Just the way the ball falls sometimes...Really you shouldn't complain if you are scheduling cupcakes! Bama has 3 cupcakes that they are playing so that really is 4 bye weeks they will have! And I would say the same about Auburn or anybody else. I would understand if you schedule strong opponents all the time but we don't so that gives you time to prepare! Listen to all the Bama fans and you had a bye week before the Florida game.... <_<

In the last two years, uat has come out the winner in 16 of 16 regular season SEC contests. Again ... before you can claim that there is an issue with the way games are being scheduled, it's incumbent upon Malfunction Moore and/or any othe uater that thinks like him to present some actual evidence that this is hurting them when they play their regular season SEC opponents. I'm all ears, let's hear your argument(s.) {This ought to be good. B) )

So having two weeks to rest and prepare for a team is not an advantage? You guys have not made one valid point as to why this shouldn't be addressed.

ALABAMA 2010 Schedule

9/4 SAN JOSE STATE

9/11 PENN STATE

9/18 at Duke

9/25 at Arkansas

10/2 FLORIDA

10/9 at South Carolina *

10/16 OLE MISS *

10/23 at Tennessee *

11/6 at LSU *

11/13 MISSISSIPPI STATE *

11/20 GEORGIA STATE

11/26 AUBURN *

* Notes opponent has bye the week before

AUBURN 2010 Schedule

09/04 ARKANSAS STATE

09/11 at Mississippi State

09/18 CLEMSON

09/25 SOUTH CAROLINA

10/02 LOUSIANA-MONROE

10/09 at Kentucky

10/16 ARKANSAS

10/23 LSU

10/30 at Mississippi

11/06 TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA

11/13 GEORGIA

11/26 at Alabama

* Notes opponent has bye the week before

6 Opponets with off weeks before versus 0 for Auburn, I wouldn't complain about this if I were Auburn either.

In the last two years, uat has come out the winner in 16 of 16 regular season SEC contests. Again ... before you can claim that there is an issue with the way games are being scheduled, it's incumbent upon Malfunction Moore and/or any othe uater that thinks like him to present some actual evidence that this is hurting them when they play their regular season SEC opponents. I'm all ears, let's hear your argument(s.) {This ought to be good. B) )

We won inspite of our opponets having an extra week off, because we were the better team. That didn't change the fact that the teams we played were better rested and had an extra week of preparation. It is a definate advantage and it needed to be brought to someone's attention. I'll concede to the notion that playing an inferior opponet can be the same as having a bye week, (that is if you're starters are pulled by the second half) If you can agree that having a week off to prepare and rest for an opponet is a competitive advantage. An Advantage that could determine the West representive in the SEC Championship game.

Just because we were the better team, doesn't mean it's not tougher to beat a team after a bye week.

I think to say that a team doesn't get an advantage by getting 2 weeks to prepare for a team and an extra week to rest is an inarguable position to take. I'm not saying the scheduling was intentional. But that doesn't make it equitable.

Just because we were the better team, doesn't mean it's not tougher to beat a team after a bye week.

I think to say that a team doesn't get an advantage by getting 2 weeks to prepare for a team and an extra week to rest is an inarguable position to take. I'm not saying the scheduling was intentional. But that doesn't make it equitable.

[/quot

Bama had 4 bye weeks this year! That is why you schedule cupcakes to prepare for harder teams. I have heard that is better to have a cupcake before a hard game than have it off cause haveing a week off throws off your timing...Just sayin.. Schools has the right to schedule their bye weeks whenever they want. Would you like it if the SEC told you that you had to take a bye week before a Florida Atlantic instead of a LSU? Bottom line is everybody would prefer to take their bye week in the middle of the season but it can't happen that way! Do you think Auburn wants to take their bye week before the Bama game? NO! We have to play 11 games straight without a bye week, but that is the way it falls! !Quit crying and deal with it!!!

Bama had 4 bye weeks this year! That is why you schedule cupcakes to prepare for harder teams. I have heard that is better to have a cupcake before a hard game than have it off cause haveing a week off throws off your timing...Just sayin.. Schools has the right to schedule their bye weeks whenever they want. Would you like it if the SEC told you that you had to take a bye week before a Florida Atlantic instead of a LSU? Bottom line is everybody would prefer to take their bye week in the middle of the season but it can't happen that way! Do you think Auburn wants to take their bye week before the Bama game? NO! We have to play 11 games straight without a bye week, but that is the way it falls! !Quit crying and deal with it!!!

None of this proves that it isn't better for a team to have 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the team they're about to play.

[/quot

And, IMO Jacobs needs to do something about this s***. No team should be forced to play 11 freaking games without a bye. Our team was worn out in the 2nd half of our season.

Teams having a bye before Alabama is not a new trend. Tennessee has worked bye weeks before Alabama and Florida, arguably their two biggest games, for yearrssssssssssssss. When UF swooned under Zook and UGA was in the peak of their hotness, the SEC office allowed UT to get their off week prior to UGA instead. Fishy? Maybe. But remember I was raised to have a higher level of respect for Russian chaos than anything associated with the University of Tennessee.

There is also an argument that taking a week off AFTER a big game is more advantageous because it gives you a week to heal after beat up by a tough opponent.

There are 9 SEC games a season. I do think as far as possible, the conference office should try to set those games on the same 9-10 weekends for all SEC teams, with the biggest games between the toughest teams/rivals occurring on the same weekends. OOC games should be entirely up to the individual schools, with no SEC interference.

Maybe it is an advantage to have an extra week to prepare for a game...but guess what: Football is a game of intangibles, luck, and uncontrollables. Schedules are made years in advance. For years, Auburn has played Georgia, then Bama back to back in "Amen Corner", often preceded by Florida--I didn't hear any Bammers talking about "fairness" then. When the conference first divided and each team had TWO permanent cross-division opponents, we kept two powerhouses, Georgia and Florida, on our schedule. Bama?--UT and Vanderbilt <_< Where were their cries for "equity" then? To this day our SEC road schedule is always harder in odd-numbered years than in even years. In his time, Bear Bryant was notorious for scheduling one extra conference game against a conference cupcake to give Bama an advantage when it came to calculating percentages for the SEC crown.

Another way to look at it:

It's not that there's some great conspiracy to arrange for six teams to "gang up" in scheduling open dates before UAT. Basically, each school gets one open date in a 12-game season. They can schedule that SINGLE open date whenever they please. Bama can schedule its lone open date whenever it pleases...if we rephrased the question as "the SEC wants to tell Bama when it must schedule its open date", they'd be screaming bloody murder about that! If a school wants to schedule its one open date prior to its biggest challenge, that's its prerogative.

Great teams man up and play the cards they're dealt without crying about it!

You've got rightful beef about our common opponents through the years. Vandy or Florida? I remember that deal.

Well, on the second thought, I actually don't see that much difference. 32-13 and SEC Champs. ;)

And not lose a game in the process. We'll certainly try.

Again, I never said it was a conspiracy. I just said it stacks the deck unfairly.

That doesn't make sense. "Great teams" don't deserve to have to deal with conditions that are considerably out of whack when compared to what the rest of their peers must endure.

All you have getting your panties in a wad is a concocted term like "idle-rested" being used in a made up stat (i.e. "uat has 6x the number of idle-rested games as the next SEC team.") You have presented no evidence to back up your claim that there is an advantage and that this perceived advantage needs to somehow be corrected to make things "equitable." The idea that teams are collectively scheming to schedule a bye week before playing uat is ludicrous and smacks of delusional paranoia on the part of the bammies. I look at it as a coincidence and nothing more. Gene Chizik has already broached the subject of moving AU's bye week from the last game to somwhere in the middle because it is definately NOT an advantage to take a bye week after playing 11 games straight.

Bama can schedule its lone open date whenever it pleases...if we rephrased the question as "the SEC wants to tell Bama when it must schedule its open date", they'd be screaming bloody murder about that! If a school wants to schedule its one open date prior to its biggest challenge, that's its prerogative.

Or let's re-phrase it this way:

Bama wants to dictate to other schools when they can schedule their open dates... :angry:

None of this proves that it isn't better for a team to have 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the team they're about to play.

OK BG! Where's the evidence that proves that it benefited them in any way?

He's off doing scientific research to try and prove it. Give him some more time, and he will have a explabamanation for you. :roflol:

Auburn and Tennessee both had 2 weeks to prepare for Alabama. Not surprisingly, those were two of our toughest games.

If you honestly believe that it's not advantageous to have 2 weeks off to heal bruises and prepare for your opponent while they only get 1, then you're out of your mind and not worth holding a discussion with.

Auburn and Tennessee both had 2 weeks to prepare for Alabama. Not surprisingly, those were two of our toughest games.

If you honestly believe that it's not advantageous to have 2 weeks off to heal bruises and prepare for your opponent while they only get 1, then you're out of your mind and not worth holding a discussion with.

Y'all are talking out both sides of your mouth! I have heard that the reason TN played you tough is because y'all played 8 games straight and needed a off week your self....Saban said that.....And all you Bammers are saying that the reason Auburn played you tough was because y'all was focused on Florida! Now which is it???

And also....I have heard that Bama had the edge in the Auburn game cause they played a cupcake and its more beneficial to play a cupcake before a hard game cause it doesn't throw your timing off like it does takeing a week off..I think it's beneficial to have a week off in the middle of the year no matter who you are playing.....

Archived