Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers

Roll Tide Rev

Auburn and Tennessee both had 2 weeks to prepare for Alabama. Not surprisingly, those were two of our toughest games.

If you honestly believe that it's not advantageous to have 2 weeks off to heal bruises and prepare for your opponent while they only get 1, then you're out of your mind and not worth holding a discussion with.

AU & UT played uat tough because they are your biggest rivals. Period. And what is this 'two weeks off' that you speak of? A bye week is only one more week over & above the normal game week. You can't produce any factual evidence and, not suprisingly, you have deluded yourself into thinking you need to complain about an imaginary problem. Geez ... what a bunch of chicken littles. :no:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AU & UT played uat tough because they are your biggest rivals. Period.

That's just the party line.

Were they not our biggest rivals in 2008, when we beat them by a combined 65-9?

Bama had 4 bye weeks this year! That is why you schedule cupcakes to prepare for harder teams. I have heard that is better to have a cupcake before a hard game than have it off cause haveing a week off throws off your timing...Just sayin.. Schools has the right to schedule their bye weeks whenever they want. Would you like it if the SEC told you that you had to take a bye week before a Florida Atlantic instead of a LSU? Bottom line is everybody would prefer to take their bye week in the middle of the season but it can't happen that way! Do you think Auburn wants to take their bye week before the Bama game? NO! We have to play 11 games straight without a bye week, but that is the way it falls! !Quit crying and deal with it!!!

None of this proves that it isn't better for a team to have 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the team they're about to play.

OK BG! Where's the evidence that proves that it benefited them in any way?

You are dreaming woody. BG will now say he never said it benefited them.

AU & UT played uat tough because they are your biggest rivals. Period.

That's just the party line.

Were they not our biggest rivals in 2008, when we beat them by a combined 65-9?

You must not understand the whole concept of rivaly. Let me help you out -- every year is going to be a dog fight. Yes, even in the years when uat was getting hammered by one or the other rival, such as when AU took six in a row from uat between 02-07, and UT did the same between 96-01. To state with certainty that uat would have won the UT & AU games by a larger margin if both opponents had not had a bye week ... wow. Just wow. I couldn't have thought up a greater example of typical delusional-bammie-group-thunk if I had tried. Thanks for the laugh. :roflol:

You must not understand the whole concept of rivaly. Let me help you out -- every year is going to be a dog fight.

Could I possibly help you out by posting a scoreboard picture of the 2008 game?

It was a dog fight. Between the rottweiler and teacup poodle...

Bama had 4 bye weeks this year! That is why you schedule cupcakes to prepare for harder teams. I have heard that is better to have a cupcake before a hard game than have it off cause haveing a week off throws off your timing...Just sayin.. Schools has the right to schedule their bye weeks whenever they want. Would you like it if the SEC told you that you had to take a bye week before a Florida Atlantic instead of a LSU? Bottom line is everybody would prefer to take their bye week in the middle of the season but it can't happen that way! Do you think Auburn wants to take their bye week before the Bama game? NO! We have to play 11 games straight without a bye week, but that is the way it falls! !Quit crying and deal with it!!!

None of this proves that it isn't better for a team to have 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the team they're about to play.

OK BG! Where's the evidence that proves that it benefited them in any way?

You are dreaming woody. BG will now say he never said it benefited them.

Well then BG! How is it up to me or any other member of the board to prove anything to you or any Alabama fan?

And how is it that its somehow our responsibility to prove your opinion wrong. Aren't you the one with something to prove? And its going to be pretty hard to convince anyone here that somehow Alabama's opponent had a unfair advantage in a game that Alabama won! WTF BG :o Once Again Defending the indefensible with a insane argument!

Yep sounds just like BG alright!

So again I will ask! Where's the proof that Alabama's opponent's had the advantage? You made the claim now prove it!

You must not understand the whole concept of rivaly. Let me help you out -- every year is going to be a dog fight.

Hey Einstein! A rivalry is something that is ongoing and lasting! It's not just one game.I know this is hard for you being a Alabama fan. But Alabama has lost to some of those teams before. OMG say it not soooooooooo!

:roflol::roflol:

I'm not following your argument, woody. Did I say it wasn't ongoing or lasting? No. I just refuted the idea that every game played between rivals is automatically a hotly contested game. It's not. Again, I'm talking about the game itself... not off-season recruiting, spring games, arrest tally, etc.

Heck the rottweiler had been ravaged by the poodle for 6 years so it was about time he showed some manhood.

Why not play all 12 games in a row?

If extra rest doesn't benefit you at all...if extra preparation doesn't help any...

Why don't they just get them done by mid september?

You guys are LYING if you say an off week doesn't help a team. Lying only because it's Alabama who has to deal with it.

If extra rest doesn't benefit you at all...if extra preparation doesn't help any...

You guys are LYING if you say an off week doesn't help a team. Lying only because it's Alabama who has to deal with it.

No. You're not paying attention. A team getting a break during a bye week to rest up & get all their pleyers healthy is not and has never been the issue. No one on this thread is arguing that ... except maybe the slow-learners from your school.

The issue at hand is the perceived inequity of uat having to play more teams who have a bye week before they play uat. Don't believe me? Let your AD do the talking: "University of Alabama Director of Athletics Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers to ask the league office to make adjustments to the SEC's 2010 football schedule, as well as it's upcoming 10-year release of future schedules, to bring more equity to the number of games each team must play against an opponent coming off an idle week." The imperical evidence of uat's season results doesn't support this chicken little whine.

Misdirection and spin what a shock!Accuse us of lying B/C you have Zero proof of any wrong doing.Now Again I'll ask.

How did the extra week help any team playing Alabama? You keep asking us Questions B/C you don't have an answer do you? The only thing that you BG03 have proved is that Alabama and its fan base are a bunch of crybaby's.

I absolutely agree that it is unfair for UAT to play 6 league games against teaam who had bye the week before. But how did this happen? Do UAT's opponents have more say in their schedules than UAT has? I doubt it. It seem reasonable to try to equalize it, but I can't see changing NEXT year's schedule just because in this particular year it hurts UAT. Overall, I am all for the SEC office making rules to make things more fair, but changing it for next year just because of the UAT crybabies are out in force would be unfair also.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Don't athletic directors choose their bye week out of the allotted weekends reserved for non-conference games? I know the SEC sets the conference slate, but they're telling Ole Miss when to play Northern Arizona. I believe they simply say you can play an OOC opponent on non-SEC weekends or take your bye.

The SEC is therefore solely responsible for teams getting the choice of cupcake or pure rest. Outside of when they say to play a conference game, I believe ADs have full authority to choose the OOC games and bye week.

Auburn chose its bye week before Alabama. Alabama before LSU. We could have taken a bye when we played UTC (understanding that we would have played them earlier), and you guys could have played Furman the Saturday before the Bama game. I think it's all up to the ADs.

Misdirection and spin what a shock!Accuse us of lying B/C you have Zero proof of any wrong doing.Now Again I'll ask.

How did the extra week help any team playing Alabama? You keep asking us Questions B/C you don't have an answer do you? The only thing that you BG03 have proved is that Alabama and its fan base are a bunch of crybaby's.

Give him a little more time and he will conveniently forget everything.

I can't believe these bammers can act like they are getting a raw deal from other team's schedules. If they had lost half or all of the games in question, they might have a valid point. Since they obviously won all the games, they should STFU, and sit down.

Give PT a little more time and he'll make up another lie about something I never said.

Give PT a little more time and he'll make up another lie about something I never said.

See woody that's BG's standard MO. He won't answer your question so he tries to deflect by accusing someone else of something. OK BG I'll play your game. You say I am a liar. Boy you bristle when someone says you are a liar. So here goes.......show me where I told a lie about something you never said. That's going to be interesting because I don't even know how anyone can make up a lie about something a person NEVER said.

You are now in a crack between me and woody. Can you answer either one of us or will you disappear for awhile and forget.

See woody that's BG's standard MO. He won't answer your question so he tries to deflect by accusing someone else of something. OK BG I'll play your game. You say I am a liar. Boy you bristle when someone says you are a liar. So here goes.......show me where I told a lie about something you never said. That's going to be interesting because I don't even know how anyone can make up a lie about something a person NEVER said.

You are now in a crack between me and woody. Can you answer either one of us or will you disappear for awhile and forget.

My money is on disappear's and forgets! BG kills me he "DEMANDS" That we answer his Questions. But will never ever answer one him self. How about it BG03 Have you got the answer to how the off week benefited all the 17 teams that lost to the tide or not.

Well, Woody's position was idiotic because he asserted that I said there was wrong doing ...

Which I did not.

Your position was idiotic because you PRESUMED (without doing your homework) that I had been on the slam Tebow bandwagon. Which I had not. You then, through context clues, tried to suggest/assert that I had been one of those people. And that I was taking a position that Tebow was less respected than any other people.

But when you were proven wrong, you got all pissy and took the take your toys and go home approach. Pretty standard operation for ol' PT.

Well, Woody's position was idiotic because he asserted that I said there was wrong doing ...

Which I did not.

Your position was idiotic because you PRESUMED (without doing your homework) that I had been on the slam Tebow bandwagon. Which I had not. You then, through context clues, tried to suggest/assert that I had been one of those people. And that I was taking a position that Tebow was less respected than any other people.

But when you were proven wrong, you got all pissy and took the take your toys and go home approach. Pretty standard operation for ol' PT.

owned-4356.jpg

Well, Woody's position was idiotic because he asserted that I said there was wrong doing ...seems like everybody's position is idiotic except yours

Which I did not.---guess he thinks you did, just like you accuse me of lying but can't back it up.

Your position was idiotic because you PRESUMED (without doing your homework) that I had been on the slam Tebow bandwagon.---ah again everyone is an idiot except you. Come on, show me where I even presumed what you say. You have now gone form saying I lied to saying I presumed something. Talk about an idiot. You are still on the hook. You specifically said I lied about some thing you never said. Show me the proof.

Which I had not. You then, through context clues, tried to suggest/assert that I had been one of those people. And that I was taking a position that Tebow was less respected than any other people.----Show me where I said that. If you could read you would see that I just asked you to list some names of some as respected as Tebow. The rest YOU ARE PRESUMING.

But when you were proven wrong, you got all pissy and took the take your toys and go home approach. Pretty standard operation for ol' PT.---proven wrong? Nice dodge. Show me where I was proven wrong. You can't show me can you? Same old BG MO.

Which I had not. You then, through context clues, tried to suggest/assert that I had been one of those people. And that I was taking a position that Tebow was less respected than any other people.----Show me where I said that. If you could read you would see that I just asked you to list some names of some as respected as Tebow. The rest YOU ARE PRESUMING.

First, you followed me around demanding a link to private premium material. I had already provided you a vast repository of posts where you could find non-bama fans who were making fun of Tebow. But you wanted to keep pushing it because if Bama fans are the only ones making fun of him, then you can make fun of Bama fans.

Then through CONTEXT CLUES like I said earlier, you were insinuating that I was one of those on the hate Tebow bandwagon. Or was your demanding of me to produce a list of players more respected a way of you telling the world how much I respect Tebow?

You're a grumpy dude who has a BG complex. I miss the days when you had me on ignore. You whined a lot less back then.

First, you followed me around demanding a link to private premium material. I had already provided you a vast repository of posts where you could find non-bama fans who were making fun of Tebow. But you wanted to keep pushing it because if Bama fans are the only ones making fun of him, then you can make fun of Bama fans.

Then through CONTEXT CLUES like I said earlier, you were insinuating that I was one of those on the hate Tebow bandwagon. Or was your demanding of me to produce a list of players more respected a way of you telling the world how much I respect Tebow?

You're a grumpy dude who has a BG complex. I miss the days when you had me on ignore. You whined a lot less back then.

:roflol:Proud tiger is the one who's whining??? :roflol BG03 complains But Alabama played 17 teams that had a bye week before they played us WHAAAAAAA sound about right? But proud Tiger is the one who's whining? WTF :roflol:

Archived