Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers

Roll Tide Rev

your not alone tiger. He needs to admit he was wrong for calling you a liar. Just don't hold your breath. Oh and thanks for the Dummy remark Titan.

Titan calls them like he seems them.... :poke:

Kidding Woody, kidding!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you honestly believe that it's not advantageous to have 2 weeks off to heal bruises and prepare for your opponent while they only get 1, then you're out of your mind and not worth holding a discussion with.

You're right. We're not worth holding a discussion with. Now leave, go to some bamzo board and whine with your fellow crapstainers.

Oh and thanks for the Dummy remark Titan.

Well, make an ill-informed accusatory post, get a smartass response back. ;)

why is it that when you and BG get into it that's a conversation ? But if PT or I get into it with him it's a pissing match? And my response my have been a little knee jerk but it's not like you have not jumped in to save his butt before.

why is it that when you and BG get into it that's a conversation ? But if PT or I get into it with him it's a pissing match? And my response my have been a little knee jerk but it's not like you have not jumped in to save his butt before.

Because our discussions don't drag on forever and don't tend to span multiple threads for one. Plus the tone is more respectful and less personal...which is more or less the key difference in a heated discussion and a pissing match.

And your response was more than just knee-jerk, it was a response that showed you didn't pay a lick of attention to what I actually said. Just the mere fact that I came in at all caused you to assume I was defending him when all I did was attempt to find a middle ground solution to the bickering. The lesson: read first, take a breath, count to ten, THEN reply if needed.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to hunt down such references. That's a discussion between you and him. I merely waded in to suggest a way to settle the Tebow claims, which I thought might clear up some of the side items too.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to hunt down such references. That's a discussion between you and him. I merely waded in to suggest a way to settle the Tebow claims, which I thought might clear up some of the side items too.

I still don't know why he reacted the way he did about the Tebow thing and thinking I was on him personally about making fun of Tebow crying. If you read post #37 in the The Heisman Curse thread where all this was going on, I told him very clearly I never said he made fun of Tebow. Apparently he couldn't accept this or show me where I said that. Any suggestions?

I guess I will have to continue to "follow him around" until he tells me or admits he is wrong.

Or you could drop it. Or talk to him via PM. Or email. Or phone call. Or hug it out over a beer. The only option isn't following him around all over the board until he engages your question. The more I try to read and understand, the more confused I become because it doesn't seem you guys are really even arguing about the same thing.

Because our discussions don't drag on forever and don't tend to span multiple threads for one. Plus the tone is more respectful and less personal...which is more or less the key difference in a heated discussion and a pissing match.

And your response was more than just knee-jerk, it was a response that showed you didn't pay a lick of attention to what I actually said. Just the mere fact that I came in at all caused you to assume I was defending him when all I did was attempt to find a middle ground solution to the bickering. The lesson: read first, take a breath, count to ten, THEN reply if needed.

So I guess When you called me a dummy! You did that with warm and fuzzy respectful tone? I got it now thanks.

So I guess When you called me a dummy! You did that with warm and fuzzy respectful tone? I got it now thanks.

No, that was smartass...in response to you jumping to conclusions and falsely accusing me. I dish out as good as I get. Give respect, get respect. Give what you gave, get it back in spades. I mean, has my M.O. been to call you names out of the clear blue sky for no reason at all?

Well then don't preach about respect, and then be disrespectful.

I didn't "preach" about respect. You asked why your arguments with BG are called "pissing contests" and mine are called "discussions" and one of the reasons is how we both address each other and argue. The tone and respect level are different. If he acted like an ass to me and went off half cocked because he didn't read what I said and accused me of some nonsense, I'd dish it back to him too. You get treated like you treat me. So when you barge in and start having a cow because you think I'm defending him, when a half awake reading of what I actually said would demonstrate that to be wrong, you're liable to get a shot thrown back your way.

Well then don't preach about respect, and then be disrespectful.

I didn't "preach" about respect. You asked why your arguments with BG are called "pissing contests" and mine are called "discussions" and one of the reasons is how we both address each other and argue. The tone and respect level are different. If he acted like an ass to me and went off half cocked because he didn't read what I said and accused me of some nonsense, I'd dish it back to him too. You get treated like you treat me. So when you barge in and start having a cow because you think I'm defending him, when a half awake reading of what I actually said would demonstrate that to be wrong, you're liable to get a shot thrown back your way.

Thats fair enough! But other than you defending BG When have we ever had a disagrement? BG can handle his own beefs without you being the ref. Is that not fair? The great spinmaster dug his own hole let him fill it back in. Now do me a favor go back and read this thread for the start. And you can see who strarted the name calling. I respect you TT but BG does not deserve anyones respect. You didn't like it when you thought I insulted you. Just like I will bet PT didn't like being called a liar. Now if bg wants respect let him earn it on his own. He could start but proving PT called him a liar or answering a simple question on advantage. Thanks I'm done

Or you could drop it.---No!!!! That plays right into his normal MO. when he gets backed into a corner, he just ignores it hoping the other person will drop it.

Or talk to him via PM. Or email. Or phone call.--not an option either. He said I lied here in the open forum so he should man up and say he was wrong in the open forum.

Or hug it out over a beer.--if he wants to come to Huntsville I'm up to that.

The only option isn't following him around all over the board until he engages your question.--then you may as well suspend me now but that's what Im going to do, not every moment but I'm going to remind him periodically. He simply has to be called out this time. I notice you haven't "said" a word to him. Why are you only communicating to me if, as you say, you aren't biased in the matter?

The more I try to read and understand, the more confused I become because it doesn't seem you guys are really even arguing about the same thing.---I can understand your confusion. I'm confused about a lot of his armwaving too but there is no confusion over the FACT he said I lied. He seems hung up on the Tebow thing (hence the links he provided) but I told him clearly that I never accused him of making fun of Tebow crying.

Thats fair enough! But other than you defending BG When have we ever had a disagrement? BG can handle his own beefs without you being the ref. Is that not fair? The great spinmaster dug his own hole let him fill it back in. Now do me a favor go back and read this thread for the start. And you can see who strarted the name calling. I respect you TT but BG does not deserve anyones respect. You didn't like it when you thought I insulted you. Just like I will bet PT didn't like being called a liar. Now if bg wants respect let him earn it on his own. He could start but proving PT called him a liar or answering a simple question on advantage. Thanks I'm done

Perhaps you could do a short little project then. Look up the last 10-20 threads where BG is involved and I was also posting in the thread and see how many I "defended" him in and how many I was going at it with him. You've built this notion about BG up in your head to the point where it doesn't resemble reality on the ground at all.

Also, BG does deserve respect. He's been here longer than about 95% of the posters. Same goes for SouthLink. BG's a bammer homer, but given my own rather large amount of experience dealing with rival fans both here and at multiple other message forums on the internet for the past 8-10 years, he's hardly an ass about it. Sure, I think he's full of crap sometimes and I generally will tell him so. The main problem is that some folks here don't want rivals to chime in basically at all unless they are meek and mild and don't defend their team too forcefully or very well. And that's pretty much par for the course at most team sites. You're all good as long as you genuflect and tread extremely lightly, but if you don't you either lambasted or banned. That's not how this place operates. We've ditched a few of the more belligerent asshats or restricted their posting permissions to the Woodshed (like Bammerperry because he's a useful idiot) but by and large, we let rival fans be rival fans and I think the place if more fun for doing so.

I know I'm going to regret even bothering to get into this, but...

...the whole liar thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. BG said fans from all kinds of schools were ragging Tebow for crying. PT called "BS" and said he'd not seen any AU fans doing that. BG said they were on the Rivals national message board after the SECCG. PT asked for proof or a link. BG said it's premium content. Then there was the back and forth over PT claiming BG said something about there being a lot of other players more respected than Tebow. When BG said he never said such a thing, PT says BG has "selective memory." BG tells PT to provide a link to where BG said that and PT doesn't do that and just says it's time to "move on." At that point, BG said "So float baseless accusations out there that don't make sense. And when people don't understand your point (because it didn't make sense), just "move on..." Nice."

Moving on to the Mal Moore thread, PT made a few mildly snarky remarks about how BG will conveniently forget that he said something you claim he said. At that point, BG responded with "Give PT a little more time and he'll make up another lie about something I never said."

AND all of this moaning and groaning about who called whom a liar has flowed from that ever since. Now, I know that's a lot to digest and it snakes this way and that but someone correct me if I've missed how this thread follows on the liar thing:

1. After the back and forth over whether fans from all kinds of schools besides Bama were ragging on Tebow for crying, PT again brought up something about BG saying there were multiple other players as or more respected than Tebow.
NOTE: I have not been able to find this reference by BG or anyone else so far. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't been able to locate it.

2. BG says he never said such a thing and PT accuses him of "selective memory." BG tells PT to find where he said it and PT does not do this.

3. After further mentions that BG will conveniently forget things he supposedly said when you call him on it, BG says PT is "floating baseless accusations" in the first thread and then when pursued about it further in the second one, says that PT will "make up another lie about something I never said."

Now, just for fun, let's reverse the names. Put BG in everywhere you see PT and vice versa so that it is BG claiming PT said something that PT claims didn't happen and after 4 or 5 references to it, he calls BG a liar. I wonder what the outcome would be in your mind?

I hate that I even bothered wasting time on this because the whole thing is juvenile. But the more you and others kept pushing back on it, the more I felt like I had to dig in and follow the train of thought to see how we got here and in all honestly, it wouldn't matter who the two bickering parties were, this is just stupid. And frankly, if someone said I said something that I don't remember saying and no one could produce a link to where I said it, I'd probably call them a liar too if they kept bringing it up.

So go ahead and get all mad because "there goes Titan again, defending BG" but I'm just going by what I'm reading. I honestly don't care that it's BG. It could be PChamp for all I care and I'd say the same thing and I couldn't stand that guy.

If I'm missing something as it pertains to this liar issue then please provide me a link or something and I'll modify my view accordingly. But from what I've read and my searches on the subject, I'm just calling it like I see it, no bias involved. I promise.

I can understand your confusion. I'm confused about a lot of his armwaving too but there is no confusion over the FACT he said I lied. He seems hung up on the Tebow thing (hence the links he provided) but I told him clearly that I never accused him of making fun of Tebow crying.

See my longer post above, but from what I read, the liar thing wasn't about whether you said he made fun of Tebow crying. It was over some claim by you that he said there were a lot of player more respected than Tebow. He says he never said it, I can't find where he said it, you haven't shown where he said it, yet you keep on bringing it up. So he is saying that you are lying about what he said.

My biggest issue, in all of this, was PT CONSTANTLY demanding "a list of players" like I owed him anything. HE's the one who asserted that there was no player more respected than Tebow. That's fine. I never said there were. But when I tried to ignore it, PT like a child, kept hammering on "where's my list...you owe me a list...polly wanna cracker."

Why did I have to produce a list when I never asserted that Tebow was less respected than anyone? It's childish petty crap.

Then dude goes following me around and urinating on threads in the political forum and off-topic when I was just trying to ignore him and let the s*** die.

This is the last I'll say on the topic. And no, I still don't have that list.

My biggest issue, in all of this, was PT CONSTANTLY demanding "a list of players" like I owed him anything. HE's the one who asserted that there was no player more respected than Tebow. That's fine. I never said there were. But when I tried to ignore it, PT like a child, kept hammering on "where's my list...you owe me a list...polly wanna cracker."

Why did I have to produce a list when I never asserted that Tebow was less respected than anyone? It's childish petty crap.

Then dude goes following me around and urinating on threads in the political forum and off-topic when I was just trying to ignore him and let the s*** die.

This is the last I'll say on the topic. And no, I still don't have that list.

Hey tonto stop going into town without the lone ranger. Everytime you do you get your ass whooped.

I can understand your confusion. I'm confused about a lot of his armwaving too but there is no confusion over the FACT he said I lied. He seems hung up on the Tebow thing (hence the links he provided) but I told him clearly that I never accused him of making fun of Tebow crying.

See my longer post above, but from what I read, the liar thing wasn't about whether you said he made fun of Tebow crying. It was over some claim by you that he said there were a lot of player more respected than Tebow. He says he never said it, I can't find where he said it, you haven't shown where he said it, yet you keep on bringing it up. So he is saying that you are lying about what he said.

Titan, I will respond to this short post and also make a few comments here regarding your longer post above. First on this short one:

1. You are absolutely righ that the liar thing wasn't about whether I said he made fun of Tebow. In fact, as I have repeatedly said, in post #37 of The Heisman Curse thread I said to him that I never said he made fun of tebow crying. Why can't he understand that? And it wasn't over some claim that there were a lot of players more respected than Tebow Again I never claimed that. Can you show me that? Yes we had some testy exchanges about it and I asked him for such a list but where was I lying in all that?

2. I fully recognize he is saying I lied about what he said but he can't show that and neither can you.

3. I would also note that BG just likes calling other people here liars. In post #60 in this thread, he says

"you guys are LYING (he capitalized it) if you say an off week doesn't help a team." So here he calls a lot of "guys" including woody a liar simply because they disagree with him.

Now on your longer post:

1. I too am sorry you wasted so much time on this. I appreciate you doing it but you didn't answer my simplest of questions......where specificly di I lie about anything? Show me where, as you and he say, that i said BG said there were multiple other players as or more respected than Tebow. I asked him for such a list but I never accused him of not respecting Tebow did I? I asked him for such a list because i was curious who he thought was evn in the same class of respect that Tebow is. You can't find the reference you refer to about all this because it doesn't exist.

2.Let's use your analogy. Put yourself in my placee and see BG calling you (and others) a liar. ould you just brush it off as childish. I seriously doubt it.

3. On the continued topic of you always taking BG's side, perception as they say is 90% of reality. I would just note that all your response on this have been quoting posts by me and woody. Not once have you said anything to BG about any of his posts.

4. Youy say BG has earned his respect because he is such a long time member. I was here before BG. In fact I think I was here before you. I met iwth David and a few others in madison shortly after WEN was just getting going. But tenure has little to do with respect. It has to be earned all the time. If you can't respect me fopr standing my ground so be it.

5. You also mention that Slink should be regarded with respect. Ordinarily I woudld agree but have you seen his latest posts to me duing this discussion which didn't even involve him. If not I suggest you read them and remind him of certain forum rules about name calling. Enforce the rules for everybody or no one at all.

I say all this trying to maintain my cool and be civil. But I will be damned if I am going to sit by and let BG play his games. His latest post is pathetic. He just doesn't have the cajones to admit he is wrong in has proofless accusations

Titan, I will respond to this short post and also make a few comments here regarding your longer post above. First on this short one:

1. You are absolutely righ that the liar thing wasn't about whether I said he made fun of Tebow. In fact, as I have repeatedly said, in post #37 of The Heisman Curse thread I said to him that I never said he made fun of tebow crying. Why can't he understand that? And it wasn't over some claim that there were a lot of players more respected than Tebow Again I never claimed that. Can you show me that? Yes we had some testy exchanges about it and I asked him for such a list but where was I lying in all that?

2. I fully recognize he is saying I lied about what he said but he can't show that and neither can you.

3. I would also note that BG just likes calling other people here liars. In post #60 in this thread, he says

"you guys are LYING (he capitalized it) if you say an off week doesn't help a team." So here he calls a lot of "guys" including woody a liar simply because they disagree with him.

Now on your longer post:

1. I too am sorry you wasted so much time on this. I appreciate you doing it but you didn't answer my simplest of questions......where specificly di I lie about anything? Show me where, as you and he say, that i said BG said there were multiple other players as or more respected than Tebow. I asked him for such a list but I never accused him of not respecting Tebow did I? I asked him for such a list because i was curious who he thought was evn in the same class of respect that Tebow is. You can't find the reference you refer to about all this because it doesn't exist.

2.Let's use your analogy. Put yourself in my placee and see BG calling you (and others) a liar. ould you just brush it off as childish. I seriously doubt it.

3. On the continued topic of you always taking BG's side, perception as they say is 90% of reality. I would just note that all your response on this have been quoting posts by me and woody. Not once have you said anything to BG about any of his posts.

4. Youy say BG has earned his respect because he is such a long time member. I was here before BG. In fact I think I was here before you. I met iwth David and a few others in madison shortly after WEN was just getting going. But tenure has little to do with respect. It has to be earned all the time. If you can't respect me fopr standing my ground so be it.

5. You also mention that Slink should be regarded with respect. Ordinarily I woudld agree but have you seen his latest posts to me duing this discussion which didn't even involve him. If not I suggest you read them and remind him of certain forum rules about name calling. Enforce the rules for everybody or no one at all.

I say all this trying to maintain my cool and be civil. But I will be damned if I am going to sit by and let BG play his games. His latest post is pathetic. He just doesn't have the cajones to admit he is wrong in has proofless accusations

When you repeatedly ask him for some list of players more respected than Tebow, he says he never claimed such and then you accuse him of "selective memory" or conveniently forgetting what he said, that is the same thing as calling him a liar. Saying someone has selective memory implies that they purposely "forget" things to avoid facing up to them. You don't have to use the word "lying" or "liar for the point to be made.

So that said, if I did exactly what you did and he called me a liar, I might be mad about it because he pushed back, but it wouldn't be because I could credibly sit here and say I didn't at least imply that he's lying about not having said something or that he doesn't remember it.

And I was reluctant to wade into this precisely because I know that you and a handful of others have a perception of me regarding BG and I really didn't want to add any fuel to that overblown nonsense. But when I went back and reread both threads, it became rather apparent that things played out exactly as I summarized above. If the facts showed BG was in the wrong here, I'd say so. I'm sorry that this amps up the hysteria surrounding any interaction I have with him on the boards, but I evaluated in a straight forward and honest manner and have no qualms about how I've handled it regarding fairness or bias.

And yes, I mentioned length of time here as one reason BG deserves respect, or at least more than some of the reactionaries here give him and some others. It is not the only reason. I can respect you for standing your ground (though I still think I predate you...I was part of the original WEN before David got involved), I just wish sometimes you'd choose better hills to die on.

Finally, the rule on name calling is not hard and fast and hasn't been for a while. The rule reads:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

...which is not the same thing as "no name calling." We try to walk a balance here. It's not a free for all but it's not kindergarten either.

My biggest issue, in all of this, was PT CONSTANTLY demanding "a list of players" like I owed him anything. HE's the one who asserted that there was no player more respected than Tebow.---asserted? That's a new twist. Up to now you said that I "said" but I guess since you couldn't show me where it has changed to "asserted."

That's fine. I never said there were.--and I never said you did.

But when I tried to ignore it, PT like a child, kept hammering on "where's my list...you owe me a list...polly wanna cracker."--I was just curious who else you thought was in Tebow's class. Just trying to calibrate you. I should have known better since you change as neccessary to suit your case. Note that in all of this you must call cute names. I hope Titan notices I haven't done that with you.

Why did I have to produce a list when I never asserted that Tebow was less respected than anyone? It's childish petty crap.--you don't. I relieve you of that. But just show me where I lied as you accuse me of.

Then dude goes following me around and urinating on threads in the political forum and off-topic when I was just trying to ignore him and let the s*** die.---yep your standard MO....you just try to ignore the other person when thay back you in a corner and hope they will forger you s***. Get used to it, I'm going to urinate on your posts ad nauseum until your are man enough to back up you accusations. Your time of unchallenged crap is over.

This is the last I'll say on the topic. And no, I still don't have that list.---as I said, forget the list. It had nothing to do with you calling me, and OTHERS I might add, a liar. if you want o let it die, so be it. In spite of your little ego, you have been exposed for what you are.

When you repeatedly ask him for some list of players more respected than Tebow, he says he never claimed such and then you accuse him of "selective memory" or conveniently forgetting what he said, that is the same thing as calling him a liar. Saying someone has selective memory implies that they purposely "forget" things to avoid facing up to them. You don't have to use the word "lying" or "liar for the point to be made.

If that's the case a lot of us here are always calling others liars. The use of such phrases as "selective memory,"reading comprehension problems", are common. I never take that as someone calling me a liar.

I am really glad to learn that name calling is a flexible rule. That opens a whole new ball game. I have tried to refrain from that except in respong to smoen, such as Slink recently, calling me names first.

It's amazing, this is post #123 in this thread and it appears we are still at the beginning.

If that's the case a lot of us here are always calling others liars. The use of such phrases as "selective memory,"reading comprehension problems", are common. I never take that as someone calling me a liar.

I am really glad to learn that name calling is a flexible rule. That opens a whole new ball game. I have tried to refrain from that except in respong to smoen, such as Slink recently, calling me names first.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I say "selective memory" to imply someone is lying. I use "reading comprehension problems" to indicate someone didn't read carefully or has trouble following simple logic.

Feel free to fire back if someone calls you a name. Like the rule says, if it gets out of hand or a thread becomes nothing more than name calling, we'll probably step in.

yep your standard MO....you just try to ignore the other [/color]person when thay back you in a corner and hope they will forger you s***. Get used to it, I'm going to urinate on your posts ad nauseum until your are man enough to back up you accusations. Your time of unchallenged crap is over.

I really don't care about the rest of it anymore, but I will say this. You're not going to follow anyone around on this forum, urinating on their posts because you can't let something go. It wouldn't matter if the subject of your ire was BG, TigerHeat, Bottomfeeder or anyone else. It's just not going to happen. And if BG or someone else wanted to hawk you all over the boards to nag you to death about something and I found out about it, I'd put a stop to it.

So let me make this clear, if you start that up and don't go back to putting people you can't talk civilly to on ignore or something, you're not going to be here much longer.

And that doesn't just go for PT, it goes for anyone, BG included.

Archived