Conservative News Network

TexasTiger

Despite all the constant whining, which is what Republicans do best, about that liberal CNN, this once groundbreaking concept for a network has truly become utterly pathetic.

The run SBVT ads for free whatever chance they get, and refuse to air this ad which is extemely tame.

CNN Refuses to Air Log Cabin Republicans Television Ad

Images in Ad in Response to Politics of Fear and Intolerance Deemed Too Controversial

(Washington, DC)—CNN has informed the Log Cabin Republicans that it will not air their new television advertising campaign, which is a response to the politics of fear and intolerance.  Unlike CNN, other broadcast outlets are airing the ad. The network claims that images in the ad are "too controversial."  "We are deeply disappointed that CNN has refused our voices the opportunity to be heard.  Last week we told the Republican Party that you cannot sugarcoat the vicious and mean-spirited platform, today we want CNN to know that you cannot sugarcoat the politics of fear and intolerance that lead to hate," said Log Cabin Executive Director Patrick Guerriero.

The 30-second commercial is being broadcast during the Republican National Convention in New York City and on other cable stations nationwide.  The ad begins with footage from President Ronald Reagan's 1992 speech at the Republican National Convention in Houston.  President Reagan said, "Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears."  The commercial offers a clear choice for the GOP:  follow President Reagan's lead by uniting Republicans on common beliefs or follow Jerry Falwell, Pat Buchanan and Rick Santorum's lead by dividing the GOP with an intolerant social agenda based on fear and exclusion.  The ad closes with images of the Reverend Fred Phelps holding a sign that reads "God Hates gays," at the funeral of hate crime victim Matthew Shepard.

The ad can be viewed at www.logcabin.org.

http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/press_083104.html

Maybe they are getting jealous of fox's ratings and are realizing that airing that sort of crap will only hurt their own numbers.

OK, continue whining.

Archived