Dems show their true colors and

Ranger12

John Kerry cries foul when his Vietnam service is questioned and then turns around and questions the integrity of Cheney and Bush because they were not in Vietnam! All these personal attacks and yet John Edwards wants to accuse the republicans of hate? How ironic huh? Instead of attacking, why don't the dems reprove the "erroneous" info instead of trying to slander the messengers? Kerry has now hit an all time low by questioning their leadership qualifications because they did not see combat in Vietnam. Man liberals have a short memory seeing how it was not that long ago that they touted that Clinton had what it took withough military service being an issue.

Link

It was not too long ago that the Dems were saying that service in Vietnam was not an issue. But then it was Clinton they were propping up. Now it's President Bush they are trying to tear down so they take the opposite opinion.

"Earlier Thursday, Kerry's running mate, John Edwards (search), accused Republicans of using their convention to assail Kerry rather than offer ideas for solving the nation's most pressing problems."

Did the dems do anything at their convention other than Bash Bush and talk up a War Hero?

"In his appearance, Edwards described last month's Democratic convention in Boston as a positive gathering in which they laid out their agenda and vision for the country."  Edwards the Revisionist

John Kerry has to Google his name to see where he stands on any and all issues.

Kerry has know hit an all time low by questioning their leadership qualifications because they did not see combat in Vietnam.

How do you come to this conclusion from these statements...?

"I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq," Kerry said in prepared remarks issued as the Republican was poised to accept his party's nomination for a second term.

"For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief," Kerry said. "Well, here's my answer. I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq."

Don't worry, I know how you came to that conclusion...Fox told you that's what he said.

Fighting back, Democratic Sen. John Kerry (search) called President Bush "unfit to lead this nation" because of the war in Iraq and his record on jobs, health care and energy prices. He lashed out at the incumbent and Vice President Dick Cheney (search) for avoiding service in the Vietnam War.

ranger12, you've really gotta watch Fox because they'll slip this subliminal stuff in on you if you don't. See, if you read the article, Kerry didn't lash out at Bush and Cheney because they didn't go to Vietnam. He lashed out at them because THEY QUESTIONED HIS PATRIOTISM AND HIS COMMITMENT TO DEFEND THIS COUNTRY when they chose to sit Vietnam out. Kerry isn't going to let them get away with it like McCain and Cleland did.

Al that is an accurate description of what happened. they may not have said it like you prefer, but oh well. What about the rest of the article? Did they include kerry's exact words? I know you usually give links but didn't here. Is it that you didn't want us to see that they did include the quote in the article?

Not accusing, just asking.

This off the sub .I dont like the way the flag is displayed behind the president it looks as if in mourning.

flat out i dont like "King G W" i usually ,always vote DEM,but there is no way in hell i would ever voye Kerry.

off the soap box now ,and i wont post here often.not my venue. WDE :au:

Al that is an accurate description of what happened. they may not have said it like you prefer, but oh well. What about the rest of the article? Did they include kerry's exact words? I know you usually give links but didn't here. Is it that you didn't want us to see that they did include the quote in the article?

Well, tiger88, it never occurred to me that you might not like ranger12's link to the article and would rather I link to it instead.

Yes, they gave his exact words. They're the ones I put in the little gray box that reads, "QUOTE (John Kerry from Faux News article)." Did you even read the article?

Nice try at spinning TA, but apparently I am the one that got an "A" in reading comprehension and not you. :lol: Maybe I need to simplify it for you because you seemed to have not understood the context of the quote. George Bush questions Kerry's leadership abilities based upon John Kerry's political career compared to his. John Kerry in turn tries to play the "Vietnam card" once again and tries to question Bush's leadership based upon Bush's military career compared to his. Seems pretty obvious to me that John Kerry once again is trying to dodge his political stance by using the same old "I'm a veteran, so I should be President" platform.

BTW...so John Kerry thinks Bush mislead the nation into Iraq? Does that not mean he did the same thing, thus again making him a hypocrite? Being on intelligence committees, would he have not read the same info the President had looked over? Umm..wait a minute, he never attended those meetings, so that may be a bad question there. Anyway, if I am not mistaken, I do believe John Kerry did vote for the use of force in Iraq? So, I guess we can come to the conclusion that John Kerry was "in bed" with the President to lie and fool the people of the United States.

They try to make him look weak on defense by parroting the little commercial that goes, Mr. Kerry..."Nay." Mr. Kerry..."Nay." Mr. Kerry..."Nay." This seems to be a chronic problem for Bush/Cheney because FactCheck.org (non-partisan) has busted them FOUR times for putting out this same misinformation, which is a polite term for "lie."

More Bush Distortions of Kerry Defense Record

Did Kerry Vote "No" on Body Armor for Troops?

Did Kerry Oppose Tanks & Planes? Not Lately

Anti-Kerry Ad Misses Context, Distorts Facts

He called them on it. He's not weaker on defense, just smarter. I can't wait for the debates!!!

BTW...so John Kerry thinks Bush mislead the nation into Iraq? Does that not mean he did the same thing, thus again making him a hypocrite? Being on intelligence committees, would he have not read the same info the President had looked over?

ranger12, how many times are we going to play this little game? LINK

He called them on it. He's not weaker on defense, just smarter. I can't wait for the debates!!!

Al, remember you are talking about a guy that is so stupid he doesnt even know the difference in:

Christmas and January, Fantasy and Reality, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Show us one quote where Bush, Cheney:

attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief,"

"I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq," Kerry said in prepared remarks issued as the Republican was poised to accept his party's nomination for a second term.

"For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief," Kerry said. "Well, here's my answer. I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq."

His commitment was questioned by those who fought RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!!! The guys in the photo he proudly hoisted up over his head to show how courageous he was. Those people in the photo were angry and lashed out. Show me ONE link that say Bush discredits Kerry's service in Nam. ONE LINK!

Misled the nation into Iraq. Okay, I'll give him the room to make that claim. However, didn't Kerry vote to use force in Iraq? Didn't the UN give an ultimatum to Saddam to disarm? Its so funny that he gets to float gracefully over the Iraq situation when he was just as guilty.

Well, tiger88, it never occurred to me that you might not like ranger12's link to the article and would rather I link to it instead.

Yes, they gave his exact words. They're the ones I put in the little gray box that reads, "QUOTE (John Kerry from Faux News article)." Did you even read the article?

I didn't read the entire thread and didn't see rangers link. Silly me I didn't recognize that your faux reference was to the same article.

Sorry al, I didn't think you would try such a ridiculous spin on the subliminal/brainwashing thing. I overestimated you on this one and didn't see your message. That is one of the lamest spin jobs I have seen on this forum.

1. The description they give in the intro. is an accurate description of what was said.

2. They give a full citation of the quote they paraphrased.

3. They might be guilty of assuming that their readers are capable of deciphering the english language and thats about it.

4. Do you ever wonder why people throw around the black helicopter joke w/ libs? This is a perfect example why.

Don't worry, I know how you came to that conclusion...Fox told you that's what he said.

Fighting back, Democratic Sen. John Kerry (search) called President Bush "unfit to lead this nation" because of the war in Iraq and his record on jobs, health care and energy prices. He lashed out at the incumbent and Vice President Dick Cheney (search) for avoiding service in the Vietnam War.

ranger12, you've really gotta watch Fox because they'll slip this subliminal stuff in on you if you don't. See, if you read the article, Kerry didn't lash out at Bush and Cheney because they didn't go to Vietnam. He lashed out at them because THEY QUESTIONED HIS PATRIOTISM AND HIS COMMITMENT TO DEFEND THIS COUNTRY when they chose to sit Vietnam out. Kerry isn't going to let them get away with it like McCain and Cleland did.

From the same paper that hired Michael Moore to cover the RNC.

Kerry Says Bush 'Unfit to Lead This Nation'

AP

USA Today

Sept. 2, 2004

Fighting back, Democratic Sen. John Kerry called President Bush "unfit to lead this nation" because of the war in Iraq and his record on jobs, health care and energy prices. He lashed out at the incumbent and Vice President Dick Cheney for avoiding service in the Vietnam War.

USA Today

Note the quotation marks

From the same paper that hired Michael Moore to cover the RNC.

Kerry Says Bush 'Unfit to Lead This Nation'

AP

USA Today

Sept. 2, 2004

Fighting back, Democratic Sen. John Kerry called President Bush "unfit to lead this nation" because of the war in Iraq and his record on jobs, health care and energy prices. He lashed out at the incumbent and Vice President Dick Cheney for avoiding service in the Vietnam War.

USA Today

Note the quotation marks

Yes, TIS, I saw the quotation marks and understand paraphrasing. Here's the whole sentence from the article:

Kerry, speaking to a midnight rally as Bush closed the GOP convention in New York with his acceptance speech, said the president was "unfit to lead this nation" because of the war in Iraq and his record on jobs, health care and energy prices.

The "unfit to lead" statement was not made as a response to the attacks on Kerry's "patriotism and [his] fitness to serve as commander in chief." There are two different issues in this article.

Having said that, I'll take my foot out of my mouth now because I noticed that this is an AP report and is the same on Fox, USAToday and others. I believe that AP, not Fox, mischaracterized what Kerry said.

tiger88, the subliminal statement was a joke. I should have put a smiley :D next to it.

Well the intent in your statement was still there imo, but we've both used enough breath on this already. I don't think it was an attempt to mislead or misinterpret in any way.

Archived