Boise St vs Auburn

TigerProwl24

It's funny that Boise State can give up 394 yards to La Tech and AU gives up 243 yards to Lswho and AU's defense is supposedly the one that is suspect. I really, really hope we get to play Boise for it all.

I dont want to play BSU for the championship. I can hear the bammers now, "Hahaha you lost to Boise St!!" or "Who cares if yall won it? Yall only played Boise St, anyone could have beaten them." I'd rather play a major conference team.

47-13, or there close was the score the last time Boise State played an SEC team.

Besides there being too much orange and blue on the feild... I would rather play them then Oregon.

That was in 2005 at UGA and you were almost dead on, it was 48-13. That's probably why you won't see Boise State traveling to play any SEC team anytime soon.

Bash me if you want, but I believe as much crap as Boise state has had to put up from everyone else around country about how they couldn't win in another conference or if they had a tougher schedule, whether it be true or not, if you gave them a month to prepare for that championship game they would beat anybody.

47-13, or there close was the score the last time Boise State played an SEC team.

Besides there being too much orange and blue on the feild... I would rather play them then Oregon.

That was in 2005 at UGA and you were almost dead on, it was 48-13. That's probably why you won't see Boise State traveling to play any SEC team anytime soon.

Haha you should do some research before saying that....they start the 2011 Season by playing Ole Miss AT Ole Miss

Bash me if you want, but I believe as much crap as Boise state has had to put up with from everyone else around country about how they couldn't win in another conference or if they had a tougher schedule, whether it be true or not, if you gave them a month to prepare for that championship game they would beat anybody.

If they played in a real conference this would not be a question.

What if AU played in their conference and they played in our's? AU would be asking what about us? and Boise would be Vandy.

Boise dont play anybody, wont play anybody and still pounds their chest like they are world beaters!

They didnt go to the PAC 10, they didnt go to the Big 12 or Big 10. They wanted to go to a lesser conference , cause they dont wanna play the "big boys". Boise needs to question their "man-hood" before they start griping about how far they start falling in the BCS next week. Our girls scocker them could have a 500 season VS their compitition.

Im sick of every year Boise cries about "WHY NOT US!" Because you dont play anybody ! Boise maybe BCS worthy one day but they dont play "real teams" week end and week out.

Its because they are trying to cheat their way in.

Trade A.U. with Boise in conference and no one would ever hear from them again.

P.S. The NCAA should not let them have a field any color than green, It is a measured home field advantage that no other home team has.

Untill Boise plays who, and plays like, and on the same surface that all the other teams in the BCS. They should not have the option to play in the BCS.

Just my two cents.

WDE!

Say what you want about Oregon but I do not want any part of them. I really think they are the best team in the country and have been for weeks.  Their offense is fast, high scoring and tough to stop and they have a good defense that imo does not get enough credit because of the offense.  I would rather play Boise or anyone else.  Do not knock Boise though. Their offense makes them capable of beating anyone in a one game situation. Especially with our lack of secondary play.  The only thing to save us would be fairly gatting 5 sacks because they could not handle our d-line.  Now put them in the SEC where thay have to recruit against SEC teams and play them week in and week out and they do not stand a chance.

Say what you want about Oregon but I do not want any part of them. I really think they are the best team in the country and have been for weeks.  Their offense is fast, high scoring and tough to stop and they have a good defense that imo does not get enough credit because of the offense.  I would rather play Boise or anyone else.  Do not knock Boise though. Their offense makes them capable of beating anyone in a one game situation. Especially with our lack of secondary play.  The only thing to save us would be fairly gatting 5 sacks because they could not handle our d-line.  Now put them in the SEC where thay have to recruit against SEC teams and play them week in and week out and they do not stand a chance.

A lot can change between now and then... thats why college football is so much fun. Auburn can get better and so can Oregon.

One thing I really, really hate  is when people knock SEC teams for playing weak non-conference schedules.  For one the teams have gotten better.   West Virginia, Clemson, Penn St.  Oregon, TExas A/M were  some of the teams on SEC schedules.  Then you look at Boise, UTah, TCU and they get so much love for running the table yet they play on average 3 top 25 teams all year. Auburn will have played at least 5 with most of those teams being top 15 are better.  Then we get penalized for playing the  "crappy" teams that actually equal to 8 to 10 of the teams Boise St. beats. I  That really irritates me.

That was also the worst team they've had in the last 5-6 years. We really need to stop disrespecting them. They are one of the top ranked teams for a reason. The reason they won't be playing any SEC teams in the near future is because none of us will play a return game. Their OoC schedule is what it is  because they can't get enuff of the 'big boys' to play them.

That was also the worst team they've basin the last 5-6 years. We really need to stop disrespecting. They are one of the top ranked teams for a reason. The reason they won't be playing any SEC teams in the near future is because none of us will play a return game. Their OoC schedule is what it is  because they can't get enuff of the 'big boys' to play them.

They are not a cupcake team anymore but they expect to be paid like a cupcake.  Last I heard Boise State wants around $1million to go play 1 of the big boys, that's why you get that neutral site crap. As an Auburn fan, I'd be willing to do a home-home series with them but not for a $1million payday for them.

The conference Boise plays in doesn't provide any big boys. Consider if we had that schedule, 6/7/8 penciled in wins every year you don't even have to work for. They have their potato cakes and eat em too. I will never buy Boise as a legitimate national power. Ever.

The conference Boise plays in doesn't provide any big boys. Consider if we had that schedule, 6/7/8 penciled in wins every year you don't even have to work for. They have their potato cakes and eat em too. I will never buy Boise as a legitimate national power. Ever.

Exactly.  Their conference is full of homecoming and tune up games for the real conferences.

That was also the worst team they've basin the last 5-6 years. We really need to stop disrespecting. They are one of the top ranked teams for a reason. The reason they won't be playing any SEC teams in the near future is because none of us will play a return game. Their OoC schedule is what it is  because they can't get enuff of the 'big boys' to play them.

They are not a cupcake team anymore but they expect to be paid like a cupcake.  Last I heard Boise State wants around $1million to go play 1 of the big boys, that's why you get that neutral site crap. As an Auburn fan, I'd be willing to do a home-home series with them but not for a $1million payday for them.

Yeah that $1 million was a crock, but it was for them to play the third game at Nebraska after a home & home series.

Florida State and Miami had a football program similar to Tulane before they built national powers (not so much recently, but they have good programs).  Florida State and Miami built their programs on the “Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime” motto.  They did not hide behind “home and home” or huge payouts.  If Boise St. wants to build a National powerhouse they need travel to some big schools and play them for a reasonable amount of money.    

Archived