Pete Thamel on Finebaum

watsontiger98

Basically said that it was ESPN's Story (take the heat off the NYTimes)...  Also basically indicated that Myers was part of it (probable part of the confirmation)..

One point he did make was that the Article should not keep folks from voting for Cam and that the Oregon RB was arrested this past year for domestic abuse...  

wait a second...he wrote an article titled "Voters should not Vote for Cam Newton" then says that shouldn't change their vote for Cam Newton?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not a Brando fan, but that AU fan screaming at him over a story didn't write was pretty stupid.. :-\

Disagree,he was on Brando because Brando was assuming that the writers of the story got it right...that they had more than one source.Thats why he went off on him.He was right Brando DEFENDED the hit peice..

Brando didn't defend the hit piece, all he said was he didn't believe Mark and the other clowns wouldn't have printed this story with out a second source.. He did NOT say the story was true or not... He has pretty much defended Cam since this story broke.

ESPN Reece or Reese Davis is a Bammer grad. Any time I hear his voice, I turn the tv down til he goes off.

how does this have any relevance to Finebaum, Thamel, or Brando?

Im not a Brando fan, but that AU fan screaming at him over a story didn't write was pretty stupid.. :-\

Disagree,he was on Brando because Brando was assuming that the writers of the story got it right...that they had more than one source.Thats why he went off on him.He was right Brando DEFENDED the hit peice..

Brando didn't defend the hit piece, all he said was he didn't believe Mark and the other clowns wouldn't have printed this story with out a second source.. He did NOT say the story was true or not... He has pretty much defended Cam since this story broke.

W'll agree to disagree brother. :we:

W'll agree to disagree brother. :we:

That's cool, it's just a great example of how 2 people listening to the same thing can reach 2 different conclusions... Kinda like this whole story

The caller was an idiot.  The guy kept saying "I know you didn't say it but it was implied".  When you're wearing a tin foil hat you can imagine anything is implied. And also Brando is completely right to assume that espn and the NYTimes had two sources since that is a minimum standard in the industry. Anyone who ran a story without confirming it through two sources would be blasted by the rest of the media.  Now anther thing to consider (again people making assumptions) just because someone has two sources doesn't mean those sources are reliable or correct.  Back in college when I would do a research paper, I could find plenty of "sources" that would support whatever position I wanted to take.  What makes the difference is in whose "sources" are more reliable/carry more weight.

Oh and anyone who wants to go back and Thamel's interview, it's already posted as an MP3 in the podcast section of Finebaums website.

Basically said that it was ESPN's Story (take the heat off the NYTimes)...  Also basically indicated that Myers was part of it (probable part of the confirmation)..

One point he did make was that the Article should not keep folks from voting for Cam and that the Oregon RB was arrested this past year for domestic abuse...  

wait a second...he wrote an article titled "Voters should not Vote for Cam Newton" then says that shouldn't change their vote for Cam Newton?

That was the guy down in Florida that was on last Friday or Thursday.  Brando is a broadcaster not a journalist.

Thayer Evans wrote that article about don't vote for Cam not Thamel

Button shot. He worked at NYT and then jumped to FOX (before he got fired maybe??) where truth is their only guide.

HA :-X

Tim Brando just said that Cecil and Cam should get out in front of the story by turning over all information requested of them. I thought they had? Is Brando that big of an idiot??? He also suggested that since Mr. Newton has retained a lawyer that this thing will keep going on throughout the football season.

I'll answer your questions.  #1 Yes, the Newtons have turned over all personal financial records and the financial records of the churches.   #2 Yes, Brando is that big of an idiot.  Mr. Newton has retained an attorney for offense not defense.  

Did he turn in the records of ALL the churches he has jurisdition over or just the church that is no longer operational?

Button shot. He worked at NYT and then jumped to FOX (before he got fired maybe??) where truth is their only guide.

HA :-X

Please,its painfully obvious that you hate FOX news.Please quit trying to tell us all how you hate FOX news.Give it a rest.This story isnt about why you hate FOX news. :-\

Tim Brando just said that Cecil and Cam should get out in front of the story by turning over all information requested of them. I thought they had? Is Brando that big of an idiot??? He also suggested that since Mr. Newton has retained a lawyer that this thing will keep going on throughout the football season.

I'll answer your questions.  #1 Yes, the Newtons have turned over all personal financial records and the financial records of the churches.   #2 Yes, Brando is that big of an idiot.  Mr. Newton has retained an attorney for offense not defense.  

Did he turn in the records of ALL the churches he has jurisdition over or just the church that is no longer operational?

I believe it wasall of them...but don't quote me ;D

I believe it wasall of them...but don't quote me ;D

oops

[Thayer Evans wrote that article about don't vote for Cam not Thamel

As did idiots Mike Bianchi of Orlando Sentinel and Joe Biddle of Nashville Banner.

PF: Alabama doesn't matter anymore....   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad I wasn't eating or drinking when he said that. could have been ugly.

Only one church was in question. Why turn over others. And he turned the papers over even though there is no legal basis to do so. The NCAA has no legal power for you to give them anything. Some lawyers said he shouldn`t have done it but I believe Rev. Newton thinks this is the closest and quickest way to clear their name.

Caller: Paul you know AU is cheating because they mean it, bammer didn't mean it when they were cheating. You know this Paul.

PF: No i don't know that, but if it makes you feel any better because LSU kicked your @$$ all over the field then go ahead.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Caller: Paul you know AU is cheating because they mean it, bammer didn't mean it when they were cheating. You know this Paul.

PF: No i don't know that, but if it makes you feel any better because LSU kicked your @$$ all over the field then go ahead.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I lost it when I heard that.  Quite possibly my all time exhange on a sports talk program.

:thumbsup:

Archived