Pete Thamel on Finebaum

watsontiger98

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Thayer Evans wrote that article about don't vote for Cam not Thamel

As did idiots Mike Bianchi of Orlando Sentinel and Joe Biddle of Nashville Banner.

I hate to tell you but the Nashville  Banner went out of business between fifteen and twenty years ago.

He is still on with Paul and Gene Stallings... I'm guessing good

So what is Stallings saying about it?

Stallings mostly quiet, Dye doing a lot of talking

He is still on with Paul and Gene Stallings... I'm guessing good

So what is Stallings saying about it?

Stallings mostly quiet, Dye doing a lot of talking

I'd be real interested to hear what Stallings has to say. I met him a couple of years ago. He's a good guy in spite of where he coached. I do not believe he would automatically assume guilt on our part.

Dye did go a little out there at the end saying AL MS Tenn Ga, and other teams wanted us to lose while on top... Stalling did get a lil testy and was like Pat I don't think that's true at all, about other teams wanting us to lose. It was revealing but the ending was a little silly.

Coach Dye on Cam situation,'No substance to it. It's a scam! No one wants to see AU win, except Auburn people. Everyone wants us to lose.'

Dye did go a little out there at the end saying AL MS Tenn Ga, and other teams wanted us to lose while on top... Stalling did get a lil testy and was like Pat I don't think that's true at all, about other teams wanting us to lose. It was revealing but the ending was a little silly.

I'd have to agree with Stallings, at least in part. Why in the world would Tenn be interested in us at this point. They've got their own problems and don't even play us every year.

I'd have to agree with Stallings, at least in part. Why in the world would Tenn be interested in us at this point. They've got their own problems and don't even play us every year.

I have NO clue why in the world everything Tennessee hates us so much but they really do. Their fans absolutely HATE us. Believe me, I lived in Knoxville for most of my life and you should also see what they are saying about the whole Cam thing. I dont get why they do besides the fact that we OWN them. You would think there would be a huge reason with the way they act.

I have NO clue why in the world everything Tennessee hates us so much but they really do. Their fans absolutely HATE us. Believe me, I lived in Knoxville for most of my life and you should also see what they are saying about the whole Cam thing. I dont get why they do besides the fact that we OWN them. You would think there would be a huge reason with the way they act.

maybe they watch your sig over and over :thumbsup:

>:( What bothers me most is when Brando said that the SI story took off when Cam said he wanted to go to MS BUT his dad wanted him to go to Auburn. He said the journalists had to expend time and money to get to the bottom of the story after Cam said that!  I live in Auburn and see these coaches living what they preach every day. From Chizik speaking at a 6 a.m. ALL STAR dads meeting at an elementary school to Coach Luper reading to kids  and Yes, Cam mentoring 3 kids at another elementary school. I know according to Brando its the world we live in, but it is  a shame the media couldn't jump to the conclusion and say Mr. Newton is a religious man and when he visited AU he saw that AU was the place that his son needed to be. And the most obvious thing is that it is closer to home! There should be repercussions from all of this if nothing is found and a family, Cam and AU indirectly have been crapped on for over a month!!  Sorry had to rant ...I never post. 

>:( What bothers me most is when Brando said that the SI story took off when Cam said he wanted to go to MS BUT his dad wanted him to go to Auburn. He said the journalists had to expend time and money to get to the bottom of the story after Cam said that!  I live in Auburn and see these coaches living what they preach every day. From Chizik speaking at a 6 a.m. ALL STAR dads meeting at an elementary school to Coach Luper reading to kids  and Yes, Cam mentoring 3 kids at another elementary school. I know according to Brando its the world we live in, but it is  a shame the media couldn't jump to the conclusion and say Mr. Newton is a religious man and when he visited AU he saw that AU was the place that his son needed to be. And the most obvious thing is that it is closer to home! There should be repercussions from all of this if nothing is found and a family, Cam and AU indirectly have been crapped on for over a month!!  Sorry had to rant ...I never post.   

Post more often man! I completely agree!

Very good post. 

Completely agree

^^THIS^^  Great post printforfood!!

Caller: Paul you know AU is cheating because they mean it, bammer didn't mean it when they were cheating. You know this Paul.

PF: No i don't know that, but if it makes you feel any better because LSU kicked your @$$ all over the field then go ahead.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^^^^^THIS was EPIC!!!  I nearly wrecked on 1-65!!!!

Thayer on Finebaum show

Did anyone else catch Pete Thayer on the PFB show this pm? What a crock this guy is. His argument for publishing this story was that "someone was shopping Cam Newton around for some very big money". Was this true or not? He offered no proof for his allegations beyond what "someone" told him. He evidently spent a day (or two) in Mississippi following up on his "tip" but was apparently unable glean anything further on the situation.

To PFB's credit, he asked pointed question of Thayer but didn't get any forthcoming responses. Thayer hid behind the mantra of "well I just wanted people to know what goes on all the time in college athletics and I was only reporting it"....or some-such. He dodged and danced all around the question regarding whether or not his initial tip came from his buddy Urban Meyer. Reading between the lines my sense was that it probably did.

Archived