Pete Thamel on Finebaum

watsontiger98

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is all true,I dont think we have seen the last article written by this guy on this situation.He sounded very convident that he has the goods.

If the original story isnt followed up on IMO,thats all hes got.

THIS is the guy that broke the story,ESPN just piggie-backed his story.Further proof  imo,that Urban Meyer was the tipster.

I disagree he did not sound confident at all he passed the credit off to ESPN, He wouldn't directly answer the questions and sounded nervous.

he is making it very clear that ESPN broke the story, not him ... love the backtracking!

He works for ESPN, is he even allowed to "break" a story without the approval of his employer?

He works for the NY Times not ESPN

Odd responses all the way around.  He was careful not to be specific about anything and made sweeping comments about being sure that there has been cheating in the past in basketball recruiting and that SEC schools are smart enough to respond in a way that defers any guilt.  Duh.  Got even less responsive when asked about Meyer's role.

He said that Cam is the best CFB player in the country.

Yea he also said a story like this isn't meant to indict the names involved...hahaha...This guy is trying to get skunk stink off of him as fast as he can.

Tim Brando just said that Cecil and Cam should get out in front of the story by turning over all information requested of them. I thought they had? Is Brando that big of an idiot??? He also suggested that since Mr. Newton has retained a lawyer that this thing will keep going on throughout the football season.

Didn't hear the interview, but it sounds like a moron asking questions with an idiot answering them.

Normally I would agree with you about FB.  But, he has been defending Cam, Mr. Newton and Auburn since this story broke.  He is a good mouthpiece to have on your side.  

I agree with you on this about Cam, but pondscum has already dug to many graves for himself when it comes to Auburn IMO. He could be in our corner every day for the rest of his life and I would still have no use for him.

If this is all true,I dont think we have seen the last article written by this guy on this situation.He sounded very convident that he has the goods.

THIS is the guy that broke the story,ESPN just piggie-backed his story.Further proof  imo,that Urban Meyer was the tipster.

I disagree he did not sound confident at all he passed the credit off to ESPN, He wouldn't directly answer the questions and sounded nervous.

He said over and over that Cam was "shopped around".He said it with conviction,I think he really belives it.But,the story breaks down because of his sources,or lack therof.

Tim Brando just said that Cecil and Cam should get out in front of the story by turning over all information requested of them. I thought they had? Is Brando that big of an idiot??? He also suggested that since Mr. Newton has retained a lawyer that this thing will keep going on throughout the football season.

I'll answer your questions.  #1 Yes, the Newtons have turned over all personal financial records and the financial records of the churches.   #2 Yes, Brando is that big of an idiot.  Mr. Newton has retained an attorney for offense not defense.  

I said yesterday that the media would circle the wagons,thats what Brando just did.They just cant admit when one of their own has blown a story.

He said over and over that Cam was "shopped around".He said it with conviction,I think he really belives it.But,the story breaks down because of his sources,or lack therof.

That’s what pissed me off.  He said that a few times.  “Kids are shopped around all the time.  That’s how the world works.  I think we did a good job of showing how bigtime college ball works.  Most people don’t want to believe it.”

Ok. Didn't Newton's dad already publicly deny the allegations and defend Cam?? What do these people expect him to do?? He's being compliant and doing what he is told. There is such a witch hunt out for Cam that I feel certain his dad is doing, upon his lawyer's advice, what he must do not to make the situation any worse for Cam. I mean, just look at the way ESPN has already twisted what Jay Jacobs said today. Auburn and Cam Newton are in a lose/lose situation.

I don't know who Brando was arguing with on the phone there on the Fbum show, but he was really laying in to Brando for all the contradictions he was spiewing out there. was really funny.

Im not a Brando fan, but that AU fan screaming at him over a story didn't write was pretty stupid.. :-\

Disagree,he was on Brando because Brando was assuming that the writers of the story got it right...that they had more than one source.Thats why he went off on him.He was right Brando DEFENDED the hit peice..

Archived