Those classy Dems are at it again...

DKW 86

Link

BUSH 'TOOK COCAINE AT CAMP DAVID' Sep 6 2004

And wife Laura liked dope, says book

By Emma Pryer

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.

His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."

It's sad that a kid that gets busted for dope finds it hard if not impossible to get a good job, but others who do as much or more dope can be President. I'm quite sure that GWB commited drug felonies in the past. If he had been caught and convicted he would have lost his right to vote. Wouldn't he have lost his right to run for office? (I don't know.) Even if he could, he wouldn't have been nominated, much less elected.

Drug users are and can become worthwhile citizens if given the chance. Why do we want to put these people in jail for such long periods of time? Why don't we allow expungement on drug convictions after a period of years and allow convicted offenders to fill out job applications without mention of their past. I'd like to see GWB address this. What do you think his position would be?

It's sad that a kid that gets busted for dope finds it hard if not impossible to get a good job, but others who do as much or more dope can be President.  I'm quite sure that GWB commited drug felonies in the past.

Any other unproven assumptions you'd like to enlighten us on? Why did Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman really get a divorce? Where is Jimmy Hoffa? Who was really responsible for the Kennedy assassination? Help us mere mortals out, O Oracle of Oracles. You're losing credibility by the keystroke.

If he had been caught and convicted he would have lost his right to vote. Wouldn't he have lost his right to run for office?  (I don't know.)  Even if he could, he wouldn't have been nominated, much less elected.

If pigs could fly and dogs could speak English we'd have real interesting world on our hands too. Imagination is fun!

Drug users are and can become worthwhile citizens if given the chance.  Why do we want to put these people in jail for such long periods of time?  Why don't we allow expungement on drug convictions after a period of years and allow convicted offenders to fill out job applications without mention of their past.  I'd like to see GWB address this.  What do you think his position would be?

Why don't you tell us what his position would be since you seem to have supernatural ability to know things the press corps would give their eye teeth to find out?

Ah, now where were we? Oh yeah...the Dems making accusations with no proof out of desperation for a flagging campaign. Appears it comes naturally for them if LE is any indication.

Just curious TT, why didn't you jump T88 for making the same assumption? *grin*

Didn't Kennedy not qualify for supreme ct justice b/c he admitting smoking pot?

Didn't Clinton smoke pot but not inhale? What if he had been busted - would he have been president?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was pretty widely accepted that Bush did coke.

Whether he did coke or not is immaterial to my post. If he didn't there are thousands in great positions who did. Where's your nose been this morning? *grin*

Just curious TT, why didn't you jump T88 for making the same assumption? *grin*

Because I took what he said as mostly a joke aimed at shrugging off an obvious attempt to smear someone.

Didn't Kennedy not qualify for supreme ct justice b/c he admitting smoking pot?

Don't know. Don't care.

Didn't Clinton smoke pot but not inhale?  What if he had been busted - would he have been president? 

Don't care.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was pretty widely accepted that Bush did coke.

In your circles, I'm sure it is.

Whether he did coke or not is immaterial to my post.  If he didn't there are thousands in great positions who did.  Where's your nose been this morning? *grin*

Approximately in the middle of my face.

Last time I checked people didnt have a hard time getting jobs when busted for using unless they failed a drug test. Its a misdemeanor, not a felony. Unless you are selling it. I ragged Clinton for his "i didnt inhale" speak...not because he smoked weed...but because he couldnt own up to it.

Everyone has a past. Kerry choses to campaign on his...which opens it up to scrutiny. Bush beat this 'coke' thing last time elections were going on...it wont be a problem this time.

Funny how dems believe everyone deserves a second chance...unless that person is a threat to them in any way.

Last time I checked people didnt have a hard time getting jobs when busted for using unless they failed a drug test. Its a misdemeanor, not a felony. Unless you are selling it...

Pot possession for personal use is usually a misdemeanor. I'm not sure about cocaine, however? Any crimnal lawyers out there?

Job applications vary. If they say "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" then misdemeanors needn't be reported. If they say "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?", then you could get in trouble later for failing to mention a misdemeanor. Whether or not a convicition is automatically grounds for not hiring an applicant depends on the employer's policy and opinion.

Of course, in the Oval Office, we expect (although it is not mandated by the Constitution) a President that could pass a security clearance investigation. Does felony and/or misdemeanor conviction AUTOMATICALLY disqualify one from security clearance? I asking, not saying, since I don't know.

Personally, I don't think anyone's drug experimentation (or lack thereof) decades ago should affect their electability today, and see no reason to bring it up as an election issue.

I do think those who have experimented with drugs in the past should have a more understanding and forgiving attitude to drug users today, rather than hypocritical condemnation. [...not directing this "hypocritical" comment at any specific politician, by the way.] I wouldn't see past drug use as an election issue, but if a former drug user pushed the drug war as a major campaign issue, then I would protest.

State law varies. I'm not sure if there is any misdemeanor Fed dope crimes. There was probably no Fed law back then.

Here the amount of the dope and the intended use determines whether it is a misdemeanor or felony.

I am thankful that our President once used dope and is way past those days, while on the other hand, mr. new england liberal IS a DOPE.....Today! ! !

I'm quite sure that GWB commited drug felonies in the past. 

Saying the Pres. has commited a felony is a pretty serios accusation, something I wouldn't think you want to say on the internet. As a lawyer what is your hard evidence. :rolleyes:

Kitty Kelley is the Dem equivalent to the Swifties, except that the Swifties are credible. Even Newsweek, that bastion of the liberal media, declined to publish an excerpt from her book, saying that some of the reporting was "questionable".

But you won't see GWB demanding that Kerry denounce Kitty Kelley, now, will you? And of course, Kerry won't just come out on his own and do it. :rolleyes:

Kitty Kelly Trash in the Past.

“Ms. Kelley has developed a reputation as a giant killer for her sensational books about the rich and famous,” Dowd wrote. “She wrote that Jacqueline Kennedy had shock treatments; that President John F. Kennedy's retarded sister, Rosemary, had a lobotomy, and that Frank Sinatra's mother was a New Jersey abortionist.”
:blink:
Another web sourse is saying this:

It reveals alleged sex offenses against minors by Dubya's father.

It reveals the use of the White House by male hookers under Dubya.

It reveals Bush's evil plans for YOU (details of which you will have to get elsewhere), which should alarm you.

It reveals crooked business deals by every member of the Bush clan, including the oh-so-holy first lady, Laura "Round Heels" Bush.

It reveals how former first lady Babs Bush is almost a practicing witch.

It reveals how Dubya has had a very special friend in the mayor of a Tennessee city, who has has cohabited the Texas ranch many times.

It reveals the details of embarassing photographs of Bush that actually caused U.S. Govt. agents to perpetrate the anthrax mailings to destroy the building of National Enquirer and kill photo editor Stevens.

I hope we all get thje point of this trash.

Archived