Facebook recruiting

TigerProwl24

Guys can we please stop with the facebook stalking? Believe it or not we already have a rep for facebook stalking as a fanbase because of what Noel and others do. Other schools know about it and I am sure they bring it up when they talk to recruits...So can we please stop the facebook stalking before it costs us a player we really want?!?!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah Auburn fans specifically have this facebook stalking rep. It needs to stop, kinda embarrassing

I agree! That is why I started this thread but I'm not sure how we can stop it. I've been waiting for Noel to reply to this topic and no word yet...   I'm not trying to launch an attack on him, I just want to talk with him. Publicly or privately, it makes no difference.

It's not an attack on him but more a statement on the practice as a whole. It is sick, pathetic, and juvenile! It's not funny, cute, or cool either. And if anyone thinks they are going to get some real information from a recruit that the recruit has not said to the media, if he even talks to the media, then thay are way too gullable in the first place.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can we please stop with the facebook stalking? Believe it or not we already have a rep for facebook stalking as a fanbase because of what Noel and others do. Other schools know about it and I am sure they bring it up when they talk to recruits...So can we please stop the facebook stalking before it costs us a player we really want?!?!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah Auburn fans specifically have this facebook stalking rep. It needs to stop, kinda embarrassing

I agree! That is why I started this thread but I'm not sure how we can stop it. I've been waiting for Noel to reply to this topic and no word yet...   I'm not trying to launch an attack on him, I just want to talk with him. Publicly or privately, it makes no difference.

It's not an attack on him but more a statement on the practice as a whole. It is sick, pathetic, and juvenile! It's not funny, cute, or cool either. And if anyone thinks they are going to get some real information from a recruit that the recruit has not said to the media, if he even talks to the media, then thay are way too gullable in the first place.

I agree with all of this! The only, and I mean only, way a person can gather reliable information from a recruit on FB is if he knows the recruit personally (as in he knows you too) and its through private conversation.

FB Pestering has become a common theme for all SEC fanbases. :banghead:

This goes to everyone here reading this.

I'm an Auburn grad of 2004 and don't get around to visiting AU very much anymore.

I do by the way keep in contact with those I went to school with: Courtney Taylor, King Dunlap, Blake Fields, Carnell Williams, and Kenny Irons. The players I speak to now are through connections with ppl I met while attending Auburn University. A lot of the recruits add me and we do speak and I like to have their input on my site should they be willing to communicate, which most of them enjoy doing. I love Auburn and recruiting is a big hobby of mine just like many of you here. I end by saying that I don't appreciate being called out by this site, which I frequently visit, when all I do is share the information that I have heard through my conversations. :we: and GodBless!

I'm an Auburn grad of 2004 and don't get around to visiting AU very much anymore.

I do by the way keep in contact with those I went to school with: Courtney Taylor, King Dunlap, Blake Fields, Carnell Williams, and Kenny Irons. The players I speak to now are through connections with ppl I met while attending Auburn University. A lot of the recruits add me and we do speak and I like to have their input on my site should they be willing to communicate, which most of them enjoy doing. I love Auburn and recruiting is a big hobby of mine just like many of you here. I end by saying that I don't appreciate being called out by this site, which I frequently visit, when all I do is share the information that I have heard through my conversations. :we: and GodBless!

To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is.... Facebook is a little different from twitter in that it is slightly more personal, but it is still used as a means of announcing your life to people. Facebook is full of privacy settings that can be changed to not allow this to happen, and if the recruits don't use it then it tells me that they don't mind it too much. I could certainly see a potential problem if Facebook were being abused, like hounding the recruit for information if they have asked you to stop or something, but if it is done the right way then I think we're blowing the stalking aspect way out of proportion. The purpose of Facebook is to stalk people, if stalking people is to watch the part of their lives that they want to announce to everyone.

Personally, I think that Facebook embodies a problem with our generation in that we feel like we have to live through each other, by monitoring each others' lives at all times to constantly feel connected. It comes with some sort of sense of entitlement too, that everyone cares what I think and therefore i have to post it on facebook. the bottom line is that facebook is meant to make your private life public, so if you live a higher profile life than others you will be watched more than others.

JMO

To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is.... Facebook is a little different from twitter in that it is slightly more personal, but it is still used as a means of announcing your life to people. Facebook is full of privacy settings that can be changed to not allow this to happen, and if the recruits don't use it then it tells me that they don't mind it too much. I could certainly see a potential problem if Facebook were being abused, like hounding the recruit for information if they have asked you to stop or something, but if it is done the right way then I think we're blowing the stalking aspect way out of proportion. The purpose of Facebook is to stalk people, if stalking people is to watch the part of their lives that they want to announce to everyone.

Personally, I think that Facebook embodies a problem with our generation in that we feel like we have to live through each other, by monitoring each others' lives at all times to constantly feel connected. It comes with some sort of sense of entitlement too, that everyone cares what I think and therefore i have to post it on facebook. the bottom line is that facebook is meant to make your private life public, so if you live a higher profile life than others you will be watched more than others.

JMO

You're right about what Facebook does with a person's life.  However, I think the big deal is that the mods have had recruits complain about the Facebook contact (maybe not AUNoel...I don't have enough information to take any sides in that ruckus).

I think we've all said our piece on this and can move on now.  Clearly there is some risk in communicating in the new social medias, both in perceptions and realities.  I have no problem with FB or Twitter, etc., but we all need to be very careful.  I truly believe the AU family here on AE (including aunoel and jthaub!) would never intentionally do anything to hurt AU.  The problem remains there is some possiblility of unintentional consequences for actions we take or comments we make.  Please just consider that when communicating with recruits, their families, their coaches, their friends, etc.  Thanks and War Eagle to all my Auburn Family!!

Archived