Facebook recruiting

TigerProwl24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get some commits soon cause site has gotten a little chippy lately  :believe:  :wareagle:

We ain't got long until the All Star Game. So maybe we will rack a few before the NCG.

WOW! It looks like I missed a whale of a conversation while I was at the girl's basketball game tonight. Since I may have sparked all this by saying Noel was coming off as being snobbish or stuck up by name dropping Jenkins, I will say this. I appreciate jtaub's unofficial updates that he made each week because it filled a void left because of ST's new business and Mayor's health problems. If nothing else jtaub's unofficial page was a good reference tool. One thing I think we have learned from this is those of us who are recruiting junkies, like myself, almost need weekly or Biweekly fix of recruiting percentage updates starting around the beginning of football season so we don't go completely insane. Even though jtaub's info was unofficial it did help me get through til I could get the good stuff (info) from ST.  :thumbsup: In the coming years it would be great if ST, another Mod, or a general poster that has the backing of the Mods could provide that info on a weekly or biweekly basis if possible. I think it will lessen the probability that a person tries to make a name for himself by filling a void on this site. I hope jtaub and Noel learn from this whole situation that 1. doing what they are doing in the manner they are doing it actually can only cause harm to the University they love in recruiting and 2. to put the needs and desires of Auburn and our coaches before their own egos to make a name for themselves. With all that said, I have not met any of you guys in person but I love the connection I have with all of you my Auburn family through our daily discussions and I can't wait to see as many of you that can come out to Buffalo Wild Wings or wherever we meet on NSD to watch all our recruits put on Auburn hats on ESPNU and come out of nowhere in the nation's eyes to finish with a top 3 to 5 class!  :partey: :partey:

WOW! It looks like I missed a whale of a conversation while I was at the girl's basketball game tonight. Since I may have sparked all this by saying Noel was coming off as being snobbish or stuck up by name dropping Jenkins, I will say this. I appreciate jtaub's unofficial updates that he made each week because it filled a void left because of ST's new business and Mayor's health problems. If nothing else jtaub's unofficial page was a good reference tool. One thing I think we have learned from this is those of us who are recruiting junkies, like myself, almost need weekly or Biweekly fix of recruiting percentage updates starting around the beginning of football season so we don't go completely insane. Even though jtaub's info was unofficial it did help me get through til I could get the good stuff (info) from ST.  :thumbsup: In the coming years it would be great if ST, another Mod, or a general poster that has the backing of the Mods could provide that info on a weekly or biweekly basis if possible. I think it will lessen the probability that a person tries to make a name for himself by filling a void on this site. I hope jtaub and Noel learn from this whole situation that 1. doing what they are doing in the manner they are doing it actually can only cause harm to the University they love in recruiting and 2. to put the needs and desires of Auburn and our coaches before their own egos to make a name for themselves. With all that said, I have not met any of you guys in person but I love the connection I have with all of you my Auburn family through our daily discussions and I can't wait to see as many of you that can come out to Buffalo Wild Wings or wherever we meet on NSD to watch all our recruits put on Auburn hats on ESPNU and come out of nowhere in the nation's eyes to finish with a top 3 to 5 class!  :partey: :partey:

Very well said, ellitor.  Only thing I would add is that during that "Mod lull", DJ(another great Mod) worked his butt off providing profiles and stats on prospects during their senior seasons.  Personally, I found that very therapeutic for my recruiting obsession.

What about sexting? Is that still fair game? ;)

Oh lord don't bring that up

It was meant as a joke...then came the replies :-X:banghead:

The replies to my sexting aren't always what I expect either... :-X

:dunno:

you know you liked it. ;)

The replies to my sexting aren't always what I expect either... :-X

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anybody care to speculate as to what overall/final ranking our 2011 recruiting class will have... :dunno: 

Just find "ellitor" and follow him.

Sounds kinda stalkerish.....like what this thread is about.

Anybody care to speculate as to what overall/final ranking our 2011 recruiting class will have... :dunno: 

Just find "ellitor" and follow him.

Sounds kinda stalkerish.....like what this thread is about.

Oops. Didn't think of that! 

Well in Scout, potentially losing Huggins hurts the final number. The range without him is 4885 to 4497 depending how things shake out. Since scout has gone to their new formula 4 years ago our worst number projected at this point with STs percentages is that 4497 and would be at worst projected as the #4 class in the nation. I meant what I said earlier in another thread that it would take a MAJOR CATASTROPHE for Auburn to not finish in the Scout top 5 in the end. I will give a complete rankings projection on the thread that Prowl linked above some time today.

Speaking of facebook, "my brother" has Ray Drew as a friend, and he was telling Christian Lemay that he "hated red and black", and Lemay responded, "I tried to get you to come with me."  This is either really good for AU, or bad because they could be just messing around.  But hey, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Speaking of facebook, "my brother" has Ray Drew as a friend, and he was telling Christian Lemay that he "hated red and black", and Lemay responded, "I tried to get you to come with me."  This is either really good for AU, or bad because they could be just messing around.  But hey, I wouldn't read too much into it.

This has to be some kind of joking around with each other. I don't believe for a second that Drew "hates" red and black. Also for LeMay to respond saying I tried to get you to come with me would imply that Drew has made his mind up to go somewhere else. Also LeMay's response doesn't make sense to Drew's statement. If I said I hated green beans you wouldn't respond saying I tried to get you to eat them. 

I have a question about this thread. Why is it frowned upon to friend/talk to recruits and players on facebook, but no one seems to have a problem with twitter? How many people here who think it's creepy to friend a player or recruit on facebook are following players and recruits they don't know on twitter?

I have a question about this thread. Why is it frowned upon to friend/talk to recruits and players on facebook, but no one seems to have a problem with twitter? How many people here who think it's creepy to friend a player or recruit on facebook are following players and recruits they don't know on twitter?

I guess because the point of Twitter is to follow people you don't know just as much as it is to follow people you know, and to gain followers (especially if you're a public persona). I use Facebook for personal friends and Twitter for more newsy stuff. I follow people I'm interested in, such as celebrities, football and sports writers and, yes, Auburn football players. Nick Fairley just got on Twitter tonight and trust me, I was one of the first to follow him. I see a big difference between friending people on Facebook and following them on Twitter. Just my two cents.

Guys can we please stop with the facebook stalking? Believe it or not we already have a rep for facebook stalking as a fanbase because of what Noel and others do. Other schools know about it and I am sure they bring it up when they talk to recruits...So can we please stop the facebook stalking before it costs us a player we really want?!?!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I guess because the point of Twitter is to follow people you don't know just as much as it is to follow people you know, and to gain followers (especially if you're a public persona). I use Facebook for personal friends and Twitter for more newsy stuff. I follow people I'm interested in, such as celebrities, football and sports writers and, yes, Auburn football players. Nick Fairley just got on Twitter tonight and trust me, I was one of the first to follow him. I see a big difference between friending people on Facebook and following them on Twitter. Just my two cents.

I agree with this 100%

Guys can we please stop with the facebook stalking? Believe it or not we already have a rep for facebook stalking as a fanbase because of what Noel and others do. Other schools know about it and I am sure they bring it up when they talk to recruits...So can we please stop the facebook stalking before it costs us a player we really want?!?!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah Auburn fans specifically have this facebook stalking rep. It needs to stop, kinda embarrassing

I agree! That is why I started this thread but I'm not sure how we can stop it. I've been waiting for Noel to reply to this topic and no word yet...  I'm not trying to launch an attack on him, I just want to talk with him. Publicly or privately, it makes no difference.

Archived