Facebook recruiting

TigerProwl24

First of all ... it's CHRISTmas

Just a little FYI, the X in X-mas comes from the greek letter chi (X) which is the first letter of the greek word for Christ.  Using the term x-mas is not necessarily a "pagan" practice or intended to omit the name of Christ from the Christmas.

"Xmas" is a common abbreviation of the word "Christmas". It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but it, and variants such as "Xtemass", originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation, /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for "mass",[1] while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ".

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im beginning to hate when people say grain of salt

OK, what phrase would you prefer and I will edit my post.

wde

ha i was kidding ( kind of) post wasn't aimed at you. but your post before was a great  and true one.

Okay....first of all....it's National Signing Day...not a religious holiday...i felt the "x' was sufficient for the allegory.

I only meant that there are many who expend a great deal of energy here on things that...aren't worthy. I don't advocate any such action that was taken that would interfere wi our coaching staff's recruiting efforts. But can we just say....don't do that and move on? Don't inject yourself. Don't talk trash about these kids. These are better than just good ideas...they help our cause. There are those that do cross that line; they exist at every school. They should have the proverbial finger shook at them. These kids learn to tune those out....I"ve coached/ coached against a good number of those that currently sit on SEC and NFL rosters, and I know....

All I meant was that....this is FUN. Check the dude, and let's move on...

.....like....

we gotta lock down our secondary recruits-

we gotta bag us threats to run the ball...

we got our QB...yea!

WE GOTTA GET RAY DREW !  :)

Just a little FYI, the X in X-mas comes from the greek letter chi (X) which is the first letter of the greek word for Christ.  Using the term x-mas is not necessarily a "pagan" practice or intended to omit the name of Christ from the Christmas.

"Xmas" is a common abbreviation of the word "Christmas". It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but it, and variants such as "Xtemass", originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation, /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for "mass",[1] while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ".

Thank you. I learned something today.    

But I still prefer the complete spelling.  What can i say   :dunno:   guess I'm 'old school'.

Thank you. I learned something today.    

But I still prefer the complete spelling.  What can i say   :dunno:   guess I'm 'old school'.

No problem, I only learned this a few years ago and until then believed that it was some attempt to make Christmas politically correct.  On some level it may be used that way, but originally that was not the case.

As for facebook stalking, I am not a fan.  Seeking out interaction over the internet with someone you don't know because they might play football at your favorite school is juvenile, creepy and somewhat embarassing.  That's just my take.  Reading public posts is a different story, I guess, but I don't do that either.  If I did, I wouldn't admit to it. :laugh:

you can't stop the internet....

Al Gore didn't know that he created a monster.

Probably too busy chasing Manbearpig to realize the consequences...

im beginning to hate when people say grain of salt

OK, what phrase would you prefer and I will edit my post.

wde

Obviously, Pinch of Pepper.......ooooh, we can start saying POP for short.  Oh man this is exciting. :trampoline:

Unless you are actually friends with these guys.  And I mean real friends, not facebook friends, I don't think you should message them or chat with them to try and get info.  It really is sleazy and low class.  Now i've friended current players on the team, but I've also had classes with them and tutored some of them.  Unless you can actually call up a guy and and he knows who you and has hung out with you, trying to pry insider info out of a recruit on facebook is just wrong.

If the recruits don't want people harassing em about recruiting they shouldnt be adding all of those people they don't know.

You're right in that they should be more careful about it, but that's a mistake a ton of people make on social networking sites.  It's really easy to add a couple of people too many there.  Despite the fact that it might be their mistake, you never want them to think "man, I had to block that annoying AU fan, do I really want to deal with them for the next 4 years?"

taking everything you read on here with a HUGE grain of salt unless you read it from ST, the Mayor, or Jonesy.  I realize a couple of the Mods like DJ and Jackson-Sullivan are fed info by ST and they can also be considered as credible as well.  Other than the poster IDs mentioned (including the other mods) you need to take any info with a huge grain of salt.  That is not to say some a poster like aunoel never has good info.  Sometimes posters like aunoel do; however, just take it with a huge grain of salt.

wde

DJ and JS are not just fed info, these men know many people on the inside as well. They do alot of work for info also.

taking everything you read on here with a HUGE grain of salt unless you read it from ST, the Mayor, or Jonesy.  I realize a couple of the Mods like DJ and Jackson-Sullivan are fed info by ST and they can also be considered as credible as well.  Other than the poster IDs mentioned (including the other mods) you need to take any info with a huge grain of salt.  That is not to say some a poster like aunoel never has good info.  Sometimes posters like aunoel do; however, just take it with a huge grain of salt.

wde

DJ and JS are not just fed info, these men know many people on the inside as well. They do alot of work for info also.

Thanks Weegs! Most of my "sources" are FAMILY MEMBERS and they ARE college football! If I was driven by my "ego" and wanted "e-cred", I could "name-drop" and make everyone go "WOW!  :o" with my "connections", but I'm not gonna do that b/c... a.) I would NEVER break their trust by throwing there names around in a public forum, which could in turn get them in "hot water"...b.) I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't need to boost my ego by doing that... and c.) the other Mods, VIP's, and certain members who I trust all know who I am and that what I say is true, so that's good enough for me! I've seen and heard more "inside" info that goes on "behind the scenes" that I would NEVER told a soul! And a lot of it would SHOCK the crap out of most folks! But I'm not out to "make a name" for myself! I came to this site b/c I BELIEVE in the foundation on which ST created this site! That is to provide FREE and ACCURATE information about all things AUBURN-related to AU fans in a FAMILY-oriented atmosphere unlike ANY other site on the net! And that's what we have tried to do since day 1, and that's what we WILL continue to do!

Thanks to EVERYONE for your on-going support!!  :we:

Archived