WRESTLING THREAD

Guest midnight

Figured I'd bump this due to WrestleMania being so close. I'm not a HUGE fan, by any means, like I was in the late 90's, early 2000's, but I always try to watch it when WrestleMania gets close. My input on the latest story lines and matches:

1) Undertaker and Triple H was bound to happen. I think this could be the curtain call for each guy. It should be a great match with Undertaker leaving with an undefeated 20-0 WM record. I hate it for Triple H, but he's more involved with the business aspect of it now anyway. I will give the WWE one thing though. They did build this story line up to it's max, but with 2 extremely popular wrestlers, 1 undefeated record, and last year's great match, it wasn't hard to do.

2) Rock and Cena is a dream match, but I feel like WWE hasn't done an exceptional job of heating the story line up. This is probably due to Rock's busy schedule with movies and appearances. I see Cena winning the match, which will frustrate me extremely, but it's expected: this should be a 1 and done for Rock, with Cena "carrying the torch" if you will.

3) Is there a better wrestler and mic man out there than CM Punk? Man, talk about an antihero. He is one of the few guys on the current roster that I think would have made a splash during the Attitude Era. He faces Jericho at WM, and considering these guys' styles, it should be a great match and rivalry.

4) As far as other guys go, The Miz is one of the best the WWE has to offer right now. I am shocked that he isn't in a Main Event type match for WM. I think the WWE needs to push him back over the hump. He deserves it. Sheamus has surprised me recently. He won the Rumble, so he'll get his title shot at 'Mania, and I think he'll win it. He needs to be pushed over the hump. He's athletic, his character is gaining support from the crowd, and he is entertaining in the ring.

Anyway, this is all my opinion, so take it as you will.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I'd bump this due to WrestleMania being so close. I'm not a HUGE fan, by any means, like I was in the late 90's, early 2000's, but I always try to watch it when WrestleMania gets close. My input on the latest story lines and matches:

1) Undertaker and Triple H was bound to happen. I think this could be the curtain call for each guy. It should be a great match with Undertaker leaving with an undefeated 20-0 WM record. I hate it for Triple H, but he's more involved with the business aspect of it now anyway. I will give the WWE one thing though. They did build this story line up to it's max, but with 2 extremely popular wrestlers, 1 undefeated record, and last year's great match, it wasn't hard to do.

2) Rock and Cena is a dream match, but I feel like WWE hasn't done an exceptional job of heating the story line up. This is probably due to Rock's busy schedule with movies and appearances. I see Cena winning the match, which will frustrate me extremely, but it's expected: this should be a 1 and done for Rock, with Cena "carrying the torch" if you will.

3) Is there a better wrestler and mic man out there than CM Punk? Man, talk about an antihero. He is one of the few guys on the current roster that I think would have made a splash during the Attitude Era. He faces Jericho at WM, and considering these guys' styles, it should be a great match and rivalry.

4) As far as other guys go, The Miz is one of the best the WWE has to offer right now. I am shocked that he isn't in a Main Event type match for WM. I think the WWE needs to push him back over the hump. He deserves it. Sheamus has surprised me recently. He won the Rumble, so he'll get his title shot at 'Mania, and I think he'll win it. He needs to be pushed over the hump. He's athletic, his character is gaining support from the crowd, and he is entertaining in the ring.

Anyway, this is all my opinion, so take it as you will.

CM Punk is amazing! The Punk/Jericho match will be great. I've always love Jericho heel or face. He has always been terrific on the mic, and exceptional in the ring as well. Punk and Jericho are both so good in the ring and on the mic.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching wrestling for a long time, but the Rock concert last night was one of the most entertaining and funniest things I have ever seen.

I finally got to re-watch it last night, and it was hilarious. The only part I didn't like was the "We Will Rock You" sing along. That was pretty corny and you could tell The Rock had not practiced it too much.

I like the angle of the 'Taker, Triple H, and HBK story line. WM should be very interesting. I predict Taker wins, but him and Triple H leave the business with one of the best matches of all time.

TNA is the better of the two, but both of them have one thing in common. They need to shut up and wrestle!!!!

You think TNA is better? Wow... you are really clueless, lol. Regardless of what WWE is doing, TNA is pretty much garbage compared to it. Their writing is god awful. While they have a lot of talent there, they can't seem to do much right with them. They will never get to the level of WWE with the crappy booking and writing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rock and Cena match feels like a set up.

Miami, Rocks home town, with everybody at the Arena cheering for the Rock?

Reminds me to much of the Chicago match between Punk and Cena when punks career was on the up and up, I cant remember which PPV it was, but it was a hostile environment just like Miami will be.

I think the Rock will win, but I think John Cena deserves the victory since he does show up every week, and the rock shows up on a jumbo tron when he wants to talk trash.

When its all said and done, I hope its a great match, and I hope its worth all of our time. I have been let down before and im not leaving out any expectations for this one... high or low.

I am a Cena fan, and  I do like the guy, I hope he wins, but there is no way anybody can convince me he will beat the rock in Miami.

If he does, im going to be one happy camper.

I enjoyed Mania last night. I think Shamus/Bryan feud will continue as will the Jericho/Punk Feud. I thought HHH/Taker match was good. Glad to see Taker win. Where does Cena go from here? It is hard to turn him full heel because Grown men hate him and kids love him, and kids are driving a lot of the market right now. Plus he is the face of WWE's be a * campaign. I look for Cody Rhodes to get a big push soon, maybe even main event status. I feel they will turn Punk/Johnny Ace into Austin/McMachon, but that will be hard to accomplish. Do yall have any thoughts on where WWE goes from here?

I enjoyed Mania last night. I think Shamus/Bryan feud will continue as will the Jericho/Punk Feud. I thought HHH/Taker match was good. Glad to see Taker win. Where does Cena go from here? It is hard to turn him full heel because Grown men hate him and kids love him, and kids are driving a lot of the market right now. Plus he is the face of WWE's be a * campaign. I look for Cody Rhodes to get a big push soon, maybe even main event status. I feel they will turn Punk/Johnny Ace into Austin/McMachon, but that will be hard to accomplish. Do yall have any thoughts on where WWE goes from here?

I think when Cena mocked the People's Elbow, that was the clue of a heel turn coming. All this build up for Cena, talking trash about The Rock leaving and never coming back, and then he loses. I think he turns on the fans. JMO though. I think he's a better heel anyway.

I was VERY surprised with the outcome of the match. I figured Rock would return for Mania, "pass the torch" to Cena, and then head back to the movie industry. With Rock coming out with the victory, it makes me think he's going to be around for a bit. Maybe, maybe not.

I thought WWE did a tremendous job with the Taker/Triple H match. With HBK in the middle, it was pure drama throughout the match. Loved it. I don't think we'll see either of them compete again though.

Punk and Jericho was, to me, the best match of the night. These guys are smooth with great transitions. I think the rivalry continues.

To me, it seems like WWE doesn't have much talent to push over the hump. I'm wondering when guys like Randy Orton, Kane, Big Show, and Rhodes will get the push. Sheamus deserved the push, but I never understood the Bryan push, besides the good heel personality.

Can't wait for Raw!

OMFG!!! I have been waiting all weekend to hear that music! Brock Lesnaaaaar!!! He tossed Cena around like a small CHILD. Wow... with Rock sticking around for the WWE Championship and Brock Lesnar back in the picture... the landscape of the WWE has just tremendously changed.

Best Raw in over 2 years. The crowd was amazing. I like that The Rock is sticking around and hopefully WWE keeps up this Chris Jericho and CM Punk feud. But the Brock Lesnar return was great. WWE is going in the right direction with the program now and I hope they keep this up.

OMFG!!! I have been waiting all weekend to hear that music! Brock Lesnaaaaar!!! He tossed Cena around like a small CHILD. Wow... with Rock sticking around for the WWE Championship and Brock Lesnar back in the picture... the landscape of the WWE has just tremendously changed.

Best Raw in over 2 years. The crowd was amazing. I like that The Rock is sticking around and hopefully WWE keeps up this Chris Jericho and CM Punk feud. But the Brock Lesnar return was great. WWE is going in the right direction with the program now and I hope they keep this up.

Agreed and agreed. WWE landscape is changing for the good. The Rock, Lesnar, CM Punk, Jericho, and even Del Rio returning. The roster is becoming loaded again.

We'll see a Lesnar/Cena feud, which will be good for both parties IMO.

I'm curious to see who begins feuding with The Rock.

Best Raw I've seen in a long, long time.

I don't think the Rock comes back full time, but it wouldn't surprise me if he made a surprise return and win the rumble and have his title shot at next WM. I kept trying to go through my head who on the active roster would be a good person to feud with Cena so he can turn heel and I couldn't think of any. Then Brock came back, and he would be perfect. I had no idea he was coming back. Great Raw, looking forward to what is coming next

Ehh, I see Rock being around more this year, than he was the past. If he is going to win the WWE Championship, which he most likely will, he has to be around longer. I can see him winning it at one of the major Pay-Per-Views, like Summerslam or Survivor Series, and keeping it until Wrestlemania atleast. Brock is going to be on TV atleast twice a month, so I don't feel like he is going to just be a one and done deal. I can see him eventually facing Rock after having a feud with Cena for a bit. However it happens... it should be interesting to watch. Another thing I really liked was what they did with CM Punk and Jericho on Raw. It had an edge to it that we haven't really seen in feuds in the WWE lately. This should lead to a pretty good match at Extreme Rules.

Was it me, or did Brock forget he was in WWE not UFC last night? It looked like his first right hand to Cena really connected.

I thought the same thing. When I saw Cena bleeding, at first I thought he might have had a capsule in his mouth and bit it. Then, I saw the replay of the right hand connecting, plus the swelling of his lip. I'm pretty sure he got popped.  :laugh:

Was it me, or did Brock forget he was in WWE not UFC last night? It looked like his first right hand to Cena really connected.

I thought the same thing. When I saw Cena bleeding, at first I thought he might have had a capsule in his mouth and bit it. Then, I saw the replay of the right hand connecting, plus the swelling of his lip. I'm pretty sure he got popped.  :laugh:

Yeah that was a legit shot. Shocked Cena I bet. It's gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds.

That was on Cena, he turned into the punch from what I saw. I think one of the terms for Brock coming back was not to take a back seat to John Cena. His contract is big though. More than anyone in the WWE actually.

• 3 weeks later...

I think WWE has done a great job with Brock. They have turned him into a lose cannon heel that nobody wants to fight. I like the fact that they are embracing his MMA style instead of going away from it. It makes everything seem legit. The past month has been the best month of Raw in a long time.

I think WWE has done a great job with Brock. They have turned him into a lose cannon heel that nobody wants to fight. I like the fact that they are embracing his MMA style instead of going away from it. It makes everything seem legit. The past month has been the best month of Raw in a long time.

Agreed. I'm hoping we see a Triple H vs. Lesnar for the upcoming PPV.

That would be a great match with a lot of hype. I thought WM was Triple H's curtain call, but I think I might have been wrong.  :thumbsup:

Archived