WRESTLING THREAD

Guest midnight

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who will win the champions at extreme rules, miz, cena, or r-truth

most likely Cena. R-Truth I don't think is ready to hold the belt, and Miz has held it now for 3 PPV, so they'll most likely give it to Cena.

I would love to see R-Truth win it. A lot of people talked about him being one of the upcoming releases that are slated to happen after the European tour, but after seeing him put in the title match, I'm hoping they give him a push. Truth can hang with the best, and if they let him go on the mic, he can definitely shine.

As for Edge... It really sucks to see him go. I'm glad he is doing the smart thing and getting out now before he screws up his neck and ends up paralyzed or dead. I've seen him wrestle in person numerous times, and he never failed to give the crowd one hell of a match. When he wanted us to hate him, we hated him. That's for sure. I'll always cherish seeing him take on Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXIV in person. To me it was an amazing match by both men. It was definitely one hell of a main event for a Wrestlemania.

Hmmm..it's either Cena or Miz. I don't think they are ready to give R-Truth the push yet.

I say Miz because I think Cena wins the title in the summer or fall. WWE wants Cena vs. Rock to be for the title, that's how it HAS to be, IMO.

Hmmm..it's either Cena or Miz. I don't think they are ready to give R-Truth the push yet.

I say Miz because I think Cena wins the title in the summer or fall. WWE wants Cena vs. Rock to be for the title, that's how it HAS to be, IMO.

I don't agree with the idea of Cena vs. Rock having to be for the title. Just think about it... In the case that the Rock wins it is pretty much pointless. He wins the belt and then gives it up. That is a huge waste. I would much rather have Cena vs. Rock not be about a title because it truly isn't. It is a dream match in itself, and it doesn't need the involvement of a title to make it big. Hopefully the title stays away from this match.

I don't agree with the idea of Cena vs. Rock having to be for the title. Just think about it... In the case that the Rock wins it is pretty much pointless. He wins the belt and then gives it up. That is a huge waste. I would much rather have Cena vs. Rock not be about a title because it truly isn't. It is a dream match in itself, and it doesn't need the involvement of a title to make it big. Hopefully the title stays away from this match.

Wait, wait, wait.....

You're telling me that The Rock is one and done?..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Haha  :P

keep in mind that the Triple Threat Match is for the number 1 contender.

Cena could very well win that matchup and then later lose to the miz at another ppv.

not sure if you guys discussed that or not... im at work so I dont have much time.

Isnt the rock from the Miami area? I believe he played ball there?

I would not be surprised if he became WWE champ since Wrestlemania is in Miami next year.

keep in mind that the Triple Threat Match is for the number 1 contender.

Cena could very well win that matchup and then later lose to the miz at another ppv.

not sure if you guys discussed that or not... im at work so I dont have much time.

Isnt the rock from the Miami area? I believe he played ball there?

I would not be surprised if he became WWE champ since Wrestlemania is in Miami next year.

This is exactly the reasoning behind why I believe Rock vs. Cena will be for the title at WM, with The Rock winning.

My idea: Cena turns heel, Rock goes away for a few months. Cena makes complete turn to heel, while winning the title in the process. Rock rejoins WWE a few months away from WM. Builds up anticipation for the match, Rock coming back home, perfect hero setup.

JMO

Ehh, I'm still not a big fan of it being for the WWE Championship. The thing is... it doesn't NEED to be. Knowing WWE, it might end up that way, but the match sells itself without being for the title. And with the way things played out when they shook hands and helped eachother against the Corre, it looks like it'll be built as face vs. face. Granted there is a LOOOONG time bewtween Wrestlemania and now, this is how I think it plays out. While it would be cool to see Cena finally turn heel and stab his beloved fans all in the back, it doesn't necessarily have to happen to sell the match. People are going to buy tickets and order Wrestlemania simply for the fact that Cena is going one on one with the Great One.

Ehh, I'm still not a big fan of it being for the WWE Championship. The thing is... it doesn't NEED to be. Knowing WWE, it might end up that way, but the match sells itself without being for the title. And with the way things played out when they shook hands and helped eachother against the Corre, it looks like it'll be built as face vs. face. Granted there is a LOOOONG time bewtween Wrestlemania and now, this is how I think it plays out. While it would be cool to see Cena finally turn heel and stab his beloved fans all in the back, it doesn't necessarily have to happen to sell the match. People are going to buy tickets and order Wrestlemania simply for the fact that Cena is going one on one with the Great One.

If it ends up being like you think, I believe Cena will win the face vs. face match, and I will be one sick puppy.

Why? The Rock has no need to win the match. He needs to do the job to Cena. It will be like a passing of the torch.

Why? The Rock has no need to win the match. He needs to do the job to Cena. It will be like a passing of the torch.

I had dreams of guys like The Rock, Austin, etc. coming back and changing the WWE back to what it was I enjoyed back in the 90's, early 2000's.

Although, I understand the business aspect of being a PG entertainment icon, it seems to me that even the crowds in the arenas have lost that "pop". I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe I've grown out of it.

The business has chabged drastically. WWE is moving away from the "wrestling" company, and they're trying to become an entertainment company. They're are even recent talks of Vince not wanting the word wrestling associated with WWE much anymore.

The New WWE® Expands Beyond Wrestling

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company”

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.

I just cant see Cena turning Heel.

Too many people expect to happen and if it does I will not be surprised so there fore the shock value would be less appealing.

I think Cena stays Cena... hes the face of Wrestling and I know many people here now and old school fans dont want to hear that.

Its all good because I like the guy and he is my favorite Wrestler... although if he did turn heel, he might become even more famous. It worked with everybody else.

Too many people expect to happen and if it does I will not be surprised so there fore the shock value would be less appealing.

I think Cena stays Cena... hes the face of Wrestling and I know many people here now and old school fans dont want to hear that.

Its all good because I like the guy and he is my favorite Wrestler... although if he did turn heel, he might become even more famous. It worked with everybody else.

You have a point. I didn't really care for Triple H until he turned heel. Wow, I loved to hate that guy.

You have a point. I didn't really care for Triple H until he turned heel. Wow, I loved to hate that guy.

The Rock went Heel in his own way, Stone Cold was always a loner, but considered Heel in a menacing way, but once he befriended JR, people went nuts, just like the rock and sock deal.

If the Miz turned good, over time, people would probably like him.

Undertaker sucks you in, Triple H and even Edge had their moments of hatred.

But a superstar is a superstar... thats what makes this business so great.

I never in my lifetime would have thought Kane would play the trombone with Santino? LOL.

Heel or not, Cena and the Rock match will be talked about for a loooooooooong time.

The anticipation will be endless, and im sure the WWE has something cooked up for the next 10 months to suck everybody in.

Interesting move by WWE turning R-Truth heel. I thought it would have been Morrison, but this seems like a nice little swerve. Looking forward seeing how this pans out.

Hopefully they do something with R-Truth's heel turn. When I read the spoilers about it, I got really excited. WWE, don't drop the ball!

John Morrison... The Truth hurts!

styx,

With the draft coming up, you might get your wish on a possible Cena Heel turn.

Not convinced they will do it, but its been a while since I have seen a draft.

Kinda forgot how they go.

R-truth really got the boos laid on him... so I think that will add some interesting twists in the coming weeks.

Looks like the fued with Orton and Nexus is far from over.

Sin Cara is the real deal, I like him.

Cena is my boy.

styx,

With the draft coming up, you might get your wish on a possible Cena Heel turn.

Not convinced they will do it, but its been a while since I have seen a draft.

Kinda forgot how they go.

R-truth really got the boos laid on him... so I think that will add some interesting twists in the coming weeks.

Looks like the fued with Orton and Nexus is far from over.

Sin Cara is the real deal, I like him.

Cena is my boy.

R-TRUTH will likely cost morrison the title in the triple threat at extreme rules setting up a feud with the two, jack swagger and michael cole vs jerry lawler and jr  maybe this match will end this storyline,

Magic Man,

Those are interesting ideas... ill throw one more in there... Its possible that R-Truth will offer a rematch to morrison and and regain his spot back in the triple threat match.

Morrison could get it back again.

lol the drama never ends, so im loving it.

Sin Cara is pretty fun to watch in the ring. I wish WWE would bring back the Cruiserweight division. The Cruiserweights in WCW were so amazing to watch.

cruiserweights are awesome, but I think they are tough to come by because of their flight risks so to speak.

Its probably a little harder to find the talent because those guys do some crazy stuff.

plus I think it keeps the little guys like Mysterio and Sin Cara a huge fan attraction because there are only a few of them.

Archived