AUBURN NFL Draft Picks

AUmind

What 2011 NFL to be will make the most impact in the league when their career is done?

I think it will be Darvin. Your thoughts?

Fairley ,  I don't see Darvin ever becoming a starter at the NFL level

Cam has the chance to be great but will have to prove himself.

Ziemba will be a franchise OL

I'm hoping either Fairley or Newton get drafted by my Panthers so I can see them every Sunday.  I think both could do well at Carolina, but the situation there would probably be better for Fairley.  They said they are sticking with the 4-3 for now, but would like to switch to the 3-4 later.

Auburn gets NFL draft picks?  :dunno:

Isn't that some sort of recruiting violation?  :dunno:

:tease:

Cam Newton, no doubt.

If Darvin goes to, say, New England, that might work out well, though.

Latest rumblings are that the cowboys have interest in Cam :)  While it doesnt address their immediate needs for defense, I would think this could be good for Cam to develop under a franchise QB and the Boys could address defense later in the draft since DBs are deep this year.

I think cam and nick can be starters in the nfl, in the right system. and if they get some issues straightened out. lee could be a starting guard or right tackle but I dont think he will be their for long...jmo

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wes Byrum...

I just hate that Darvin had such a bad looking Combine. He didn't look good at all, IMO. And I'm surprised T-Zac wasn't there at all from what I could see. I would've thought he might get a look.

I'm going to go out on what I see as a pretty sturdy limb and say Josh Bynes.  No, he might not get drafted, but I promise you there is some team sitting back thinking "please no one draft him because we'll take him from a tryout and he'll be a star".

Guest WarDamnSoule

I'm going to go out on what I see as a pretty sturdy limb and say Josh Bynes.  No, he might not get drafted, but I promise you there is some team sitting back thinking "please no one draft him because we'll take him from a tryout and he'll be a star".

I would say either Josh or Lee Ziemba. Ziemba has franchise left or right tackle written all over him and Bynes might be the most criminally underrated defensive player in Auburn history. Cam and Fairley are the big names obviously but as talented as both of them are, there are so many question marks. Both have only a year of starting experience at the division one level. Cam, as talented a he is, is definitely a project quarterback and Fairley needs to have someone to light a fire under him (a la Tracy Rocker) in order to be at his best. If he lands somewhere that doesn't have a strong defensive coaching staff, then he might not be inclined to play up to his potential.

• 2 weeks later...

JMO but I think Lee will do great in the pros, I am excited about this draft class for Auburn. I think t zac and darvin have a shot to be that out of nowhere third receiver that are a big part of what makes great nfl teams. I dont think either will have a powerful draft status i just think before their career is up we will see them have some nice moments in the sun. I think fairley and cam will obviously go high and get tons of attention. I like fairley as a potential star. I like byrum in that he is so clutch if he finds the right program he could be one of those kicks until hes older than i am deals. I worry that bynes will not get the chance he deserves as well as some of our other great d players and the other ol that have been overlooked. I personally admit im biased but I think lee has a chance to be one of those guys that plays for 13 years and thats what auburn needs more of these days. I am very excited about all of our players chances right now the two that im crossing my fingers for are pugh and bynes bc if the ball bounces their way they could have some football left in them but if it doesnt then its a real shame

Latest rumblings are that the cowboys have interest in Cam :)  While it doesnt address their immediate needs for defense, I would think this could be good for Cam to develop under a franchise QB and the Boys could address defense later in the draft since DBs are deep this year.

I have a gut feeling that Dallas will go after Cam.  :dunno:

I have a gut feeling that Dallas will go after Cam.  :dunno:

And every Cowboys fan let out a collective sigh....no more Tony Romo!

It would be the ideal situation though. But with the CBA not in place yet with a rookie wage scale, the picks might be harder to trade. Anyone know how popular the rookie scale is?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking Nick will go to the Titans and be coached by ... the Rock

I hope so.  I'm just a few hours west of Nashville and my dad has some connections with Titans people.  :thumbsup:

Archived