Most underrated recruit

TigerProwl24

Robenson Therezie.

He will have a major impact on special teams this next year without question but he could possibly get a chance at RB. Is he the second coming of Caddy? I think he might be the best athlete in this class. He can do it all and he plays like he is 6-2 210. He and Trovon would be mighty dangerous on the field together. Speed kills... 

While I'm on a recruiting service rant.

I know the recruiting game. RT is a five star if i've ever seen one. The only reason he wasn't ranked higher is because not every kid wants the spotlight. I know countless of kids that are pressured by the recruiting guys and it gets old fast. I'm sure Robin would agree with me on this but some recruiting insiders from recruiting websites, treat recruits like it is a god given right to them to share everything about them and failing to realize it is their priviledge to talk to these kids. It isn't a right, it is a priviledge. The rankings are even skewed to an extent because certain kids won't give recruiting guys the time they feel like they deserve, for their own interests. RT will be an ALL SEC performer before he leaves the plains. Watch and see my friends....

Agreed, RT is a great steal, and will be a spectacular player for Auburn. My two favorite underrated players are Sammie Coates and C.J. Uzomah. Both are highly underrated and we'll be stars in Gus's offense

I'm going with Angelo Blackson. Dude is a freaking unbelievable athlete! We need bodies at DT and I think he can make an impact now, but play a HUGE role as he gets older. Coach Rocker coaching this guy could mean very bad news for opposing offensive lines

I'm going with Angelo Blackson. Dude is a freaking unbelievable athlete! We need bodies at DT and I think he can make an impact now, but play a HUGE role as he gets older. Coach Rocker coaching this guy could mean very bad news for opposing offensive lines

x1000 yes. this guy is a freak, everyone go watch his highlight tape if you havent seen it

It is players like these, that make this class VERY strong. This might've been the deepest class we've signed at AU. Even the few that didn't make All-American status should have. Our staff did a fantastic job adding depth with the talent coming in at each position.

I don't know if you can call a 4* running back under rated, but IMO Mason is going to do some big things.

RT is rated a 4 star by both Rivals and Scout. It is hard to be the most underrated player in your recruiting class when you are rated a 4 star. I expect a lot from our 4 star players. I think RT will live up to this, too! Now, Blackson is rated a 3 star by both services. If he is the freak we hope he may be, then he may live up to the most underrated player in the class.

Auburn has a history of taking kids that have been underrated and making them into stars. I think part of the reason for this was CTT would not always go after the most highly rated players in the country or region. Our staff today is different though. They feel they can recruit any player in the country and have a decent chance of getting them. They have been very successful at this too. So, We will continue to have players that exceed their star ratings because our staff does a great job of coaching the players up; but it will be much harder for this staff to have hugely unrated players since we are getting very highly rated players to start with. This is why Scout has our class rated number 2. They rate up to 25 players in the class. A huge number of our signees were 4 star rated by the services.

I think this is a good thing for us and bodes well for our future! War eagle!

This is mine too.  Just because he is only a 3* on some recruiting sites, he plays like a 5.  Everyone thinks Gabe might be our #1 DT in the class, but I think it's Blackson. He already has the size to play right away at 6'5" 290 and the athletic ability.  Gabe is a little shorter and around 270.  Blackson will be a beast, maybe the next Lombari winner at AU?!

RT was pretty highly rated.  To talk being underrated, I think you'd have to discuss guys who are under the radar and not pursued by many schools. Like Coats, Landrum or Swain..

This is mine too.  Just because he is only a 3* on some recruiting sites, he plays like a 5.  Everyone thinks Gabe might be our #1 DT in the class, but I think it's Blackson. He already has the size to play right away at 6'5" 290 and the athletic ability.  Gabe is a little shorter and around 270.  Blackson will be a beast, maybe the next Lombari winner at AU?!

I thought Gabe was already over 300. Coach Rock said that in a recent interview.

Remember that Nick Fairly was a 3 star signing to AU.

Blackson and Wright will be a nightmare for all offenses.

I like all the guys we signed for 2011, all great guys with all unique personality's that will complement the AU teams chemistry to make playing football a great and fun experience for all.

Brandon fulse is also a very impressive guy.  I know he is higher rated than some of the other guys.  But after watching his tape he could play de, te, or even gain weight and play dt.  He has a good burst for a big guy.

I thought Gabe was already over 300. Coach Rock said that in a recent interview.

You might be right.  Rivals has him listed at 273 but his weight has probably not been updated.  Do you think he is a legit 6'3"??  He just looks a little shorter to me. 

You might be right.  Rivals has him listed at 273 but his weight has probably not been updated.  Do you think he is a legit 6'3"??  He just looks a little shorter to me. 

He said he was at 310 lbs the last report I saw.

RT is the kind of player that strikes fear in WR coming over the middle, he plays the game with a chip on his shoulder and looks like hes trying to rip someones head off every time he hits someone.  I love how he plays the game with him and florence roving the middle teams with be awful cautious with their WRs going over the middle

I'm going to say Angelo Blackson. Some eople I've talked to seem to feel we could have done better then Blackson. I feel Angelo is going to be an ALL-SEC and ALL-American before he's done on the Plains.

I think the most agreed-upon underrated recruit is definitely Blackson, so I'm going to change it up a bit. I'm going to say Justin Garrett in the Darren Bates role. The hybrid safety/LB mold. He's too small to play strongside LB, and he's the perfect size for safety at this moment. I could see him replacing Bates. Keymiya Harrell could be another player to watch for. Amazing size, and we all know Rocker is the best bar-none.

Archived