The joy of the cream-puff class

AUJarhead

College Football News

And finally, the official number one, CFN endorsed cream-puff class for 2004 ...

There were at least 35 e-mails on this one. War Eagle.

Organic Gardening - Auburn University  - Chad B.

Auburn – Organic Gardening with Professor James Brown. - Morgan J.

Auburn University - Organic Gardening.  Every Auburn student in the last 20 years has taken this one. Bonus - the professor is Dr. James Brown, and his pop-quizzes are given by "the pop-quiz man", who, although invisible, is detectable by his cigarette and cologne (CK-1) - Jarrett S.

At Auburn University there is a class that is famous as having the highest attendance of any elective.  It is "Organic Gardening I" taught by Dr. James Brown (the hardest working man in horticulture).  There is not tests but a final and have your grade is based on "pop quizzes" given randomly (so you do have to actually show up for class).  The pop quizzes consist of such things as Dr. Brown saying "DDT was outlawed as a pesticide in the '70's.  OK, take out a sheet of paper.  What pesticide was outlawed in the '70's?" Now what is interesting is a friend of mine took "Organic Gardening II" taught again by Dr. James Brown thinking it would be another easy A.  The class met in a weed covered field, marked off plots, and were given seeds and told, "If your garden doesn't produce you fail."  He immediately dropped the course.  - Joel J.

At Auburn University, that class is Organic Gardening. Everyone from football players to engineering majors take that class. I think half the athletic program took that class with me (I was an engineering major at the time). The cool thing about Organic Gardening is you can learn as much or as little as you want. - Lauren N

Missed that one...I did take Mate Selection and Marital Interaction...now THAT was a cripple course. Easiest 4 hour A I've ever gotten.

Archived