Open statement to Jay Jacobs:

Auhsv

Dear Mr. Jacobs:

Get Coach Barbee's contract signed and get it signed NOW!  Stop all the BS and get it done!

Sincerely,

The Auburn Family

Dear Mr. Jacobs:

Get Coach Barbee's contract signed and get it signed NOW!  Stop all the BS and get it done!

Sincerely,

The Auburn Family

That should take care of it for sure.

How can we finally solve the question of has he signed or not? It really shouldn't be this hard should it? Ha!

How can we finally solve the question of has he signed or not? It really shouldn't be this hard should it? Ha!

Contact an Insider:

Thayer Evans

He has all the contacts to get this resolved quickly  :laugh:

Contact an Insider:

Thayer Evans

He has all the contacts to get this resolved quickly  :laugh:

Good ole Thayer...NOT! Ha!

Time to get Coach Barbee signed, Jay. Not next month, not next week, not tomorrow... NOW!!!

I may have missed it but since when has a contract kept a coach in place if they really want to go elsewhere?  Not saying barbee wants to leave.  But a piece of paper won't hold him or any coach in place.

I may have missed it but since when has a contract kept a coach in place if they really want to go elsewhere?  Not saying barbee wants to leave.  But a piece of paper won't hold him or any coach in place.

I think you missed the point.  One, it would be harder to leave with a contract. Two, the longer he goes unsigned, it shows him that AU may not be all that committed to him after all.

I may have missed it but since when has a contract kept a coach in place if they really want to go elsewhere? Not saying barbee wants to leave. But a piece of paper won't hold him or any coach in place.

I think you missed the point. One, it would be harder to leave with a contract. Two, the longer he goes unsigned, it shows him that AU may not be all that committed to him after all.

As I said a contract won't hold him if he really wants to leave or another school wants him that bad.  He had a contract at UTEP and yet he is coaching auburn.  So the contract is not really worth the paper it is written on. If he won't sign a contract. It shows he might not be as committed to auburn as it does the other way around.

I think you missed the point.  One, it would be harder to leave with a contract. Two, the longer he goes unsigned, it shows him that AU may not be all that committed to him after all.

As I said a contract won't hold him if he really wants to leave or another school wants him that bad.  He had a contract at UTEP and yet he is coaching auburn.  So the contract is not really worth the paper it is written on.  If he won't sign a contract.  It shows he might not be as committed to auburn as it does the other way around.

From what I understand, the committment to him is the problem.

As I said a contract won't hold him if he really wants to leave or another school wants him that bad.  He had a contract at UTEP and yet he is coaching auburn.  So the contract is not really worth the paper it is written on.  If he won't sign a contract.  It shows he might not be as committed to auburn as it does the other way around.

Anything else you know about the situation money, buyout, years, or was it the problem he had with the compliance department?

Anything else you know about the situation money, buyout, years, or was it the problem he had with the compliance department?

Ther is a clause in the contract Coach wants out and jay jacobs insists it be int there.

Ther is a clause in the contract Coach wants out and jay jacobs insists it be int there.

Thanks Auhsv

Archived