J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

Starting to remind me of the "earth shattering news" thread.

If my info is correct, there's a lot more shaddiness to that whole situation than you'll ever know (and that's all I'm saying).

Can I play too?  I know something you don't know, nah nah nah, and I'm not going to tell.

Awesome, you have fun making a jackass of yourself and I'll enjoy information that I recieve. It's a win win  :thumbsup:

Just make sure you keep me on the edge of my seat with all your "I know something, but I'm not telling" posts. 

As long as you promise to be there to read them  ;D  But for real, I'm not getting this thread locked down because I started an argument.  Sorry everybody, I'm done.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is a comment I can respect.  I can't tell the exact info or who told me because I was asked not to.  I said everything he or she would feel comfortable with me saying. I truely am sorry that I can't tell you who told me or everything that was said , but it is from a close friend and I wouldn't want anything I said to impact them in a negative way.

Fair enough. I can respect that.

Shocker:

Quote from: AUFightingSoldiers on Today at 02:09:14 PM

Quote from: Shocker on Today at 02:02:07 PM

If my info is correct, there's a lot more shaddiness to that whole situation than you'll ever know (and that's all I'm saying).

Can I play too?  I know something you don't know, nah nah nah, and I'm not going to tell.

I do however agree with you there. Why are people hiding info the supposedly have? That's not protecting sources. It's not like we are talking about a recruit we are working on behind the scenes. This isn't even about Auburn. So we are protecting Johnny that sits in the cube next to us at work? That's kinda weird to me.

Now this is a comment I can respect.  I can't tell the exact info or who told me because I was asked not to.  I said everything he or she would feel comfortable with me saying. I truely am sorry that I can't tell you who told me or everything that was said , but it is from a close friend and I wouldn't want anything I said to impact them in a negative way.

You didn't say anything other than some shadiness has occured.  If that is all you can say, why post anything at all?  You could've accomplished the same thing if you had just posted  :beatmullet: and left it at that.

Shocker:

I do however agree with you there. Why are people hiding info the supposedly have? That's not protecting sources. It's not like we are talking about a recruit we are working on behind the scenes. This isn't even about Auburn. So we are protecting Johnny that sits in the cube next to us at work? That's kinda weird to me.

AUFightingSoldiers,

Sorry I must have missed it, but what were you able to say about the info you were given?

wde

Fair enough. I can respect that.

Agree with  this, AND....

Forgive those of us that either a) don't have inside sources or B) don't believe all the hearsay and conspiracy theories we hear around the water cooler.  But you have to understand that the "my sources say" or "I'm being told" followed by some general "their world will end by [insert date]" gets very old and repetitive.  I don't want to read 35 pages of posts like that.  I understand everyone thinks they have an inside source, but this is starting to feel a lot like the Cam Newton drama we all hated.  So, maybe we should try and refrain from the vague, "i have a friend in the know who says they're screwed" posts until things become a little more concrete.  Besides, who cares what's happening at Alabama?  We're Auburn.  We're the state, SEC, and National Champs!  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

:party:

What the heck are you doing off ESPN??!?!  This thread only has 22 pages of "I've got a secret" posts.  In all seriousness, I was just thinking that the insiders have really been pretty quiet about this thing since it broke yesterday.  The majority of them, however, seem to be getting a little more comfortable with stating their confidence about this thing having legs - especially in the past few hours.  Makes me think something is coming.  In fact, I know it is because my source said....he's my source.

You didn't say anything other than some shadiness has occured.  If that is all you can say, why post anything at all?  You could've accomplished the same thing if you had just posted  :beatmullet: and left it at that.

also somewhat agree with this.

If any of this is true, wouldn't it be as simple as BC applying for reinstatement like Cam did?

I don't think anything will happen, but I don't see it being much different other than money actually being passed and that it came into light before the season started.

I'm pretty sure it is a major violation to offer a recruit money, regardless or not whether the athlete played. Wasn't everyone saying how bad the Cam situation was for MSU? And I'm pretty sure he never played a snap in Starkville.

I think the main reason Cam was able to get reinstated so quick was that it was a) determined he knew nothing about it and B) no money ever changed hands.  In this case B would be out the window so some major penalties would be applied if this proves to be true.

Cam Newton also did not attend and play at the school (MSU) that offered his father cash. 

Also true but my understanding was that if he had been shown to have been aware of his father's actions with Miss St. his penalty would have been much harsher.

Forgive those of us that either a) don't have inside sources or B) don't believe all the hearsay and conspiracy theories we hear around the water cooler.  But you have to understand that the "my sources say" or "I'm being told" followed by some general "their world will end by [insert date]" gets very old and repetitive.  I don't want to read 35 pages of posts like that.  I understand everyone thinks they have an inside source, but this is starting to feel a lot like the Cam Newton drama we all hated.  So, maybe we should try and refrain from the vague, "i have a friend in the know who says they're screwed" posts until things become a little more concrete.  Besides, who cares what's happening at Alabama?  We're Auburn.  We're the state, SEC, and National Champs!  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

:party:

^^^^^THIS^^^^^  I'm so tired of all these 'RUMORS' that are going around...if this keeps up the NCAA will just ban the entire SEC for the next season of play due to all the 'RUMORS' of cheating out there for every single SEC School!!!!!.....and maybe they should just to teach the entrie college nation a thing or two....just my opinion....nothing more.

call me gullible, but im starting to think this might have legs. it might be wishfull thinking though.

I just want justice for all involved.  Bammers are now saying that this is not cheating because BC has never seen the field.  Therefore, nothing will come of this.  It's almost like they're admitting to it (just like that dude yesterday on twitter - Woodruff)

Did JLee jump the gun?  I think JLee pushed it because bama's probation ends in about a year.  I do think the media is being paid not to comment on this issue.  But is this pay for play if he hasn't played?

How many downs did Albert Means play at Bammer?

Shocker:

AUFightingSoldiers,

Sorry I must have missed it, but what were you able to say about the info you were given?

wde

Sorry I just posted that there was a lot more shadiness behind CK and Dee Hart going to Alabama than most people know, and until some people give the green light (which might not happen, but I hope it does), it might not get out.  Now I'm not claiming to know everything about what happened, but I do know some things that I haven't read anywhere... I also don't know if info on those two recruits is going to be part of this whole thing but if it is, I'd be surprised.

The thing about the CK recruitment is that bammers keep saying that Auburn doesn't want his family to start talking.  What makes their "insiders" so confident that we were the ones in the wrong there?

Guys, respect the desires of the sources that our members have... and many of our members here have shown they have legitimate sources...

Otherwise, if the beans are spilled prematurely, then those sources will dry up...

Guys, respect the desires of the sources that our members have... and many of our members here have shown they have legitimate sources...

Otherwise, if the beans are spilled prematurely, then those sources will dry up...

THIS is what I have been getting at regarding my concerns with J Lee hitting the public airwaves yesterday.  Did J Lee jump the gun before having all of this ducks (documented proof/approval from sources) in row which will result in sources clamming up and sabotaging what could be a big story.

wde

The thing about the CK recruitment is that bammers keep saying that Auburn doesn't want his family to start talking.  What makes their "insiders" so confident that we were the ones in the wrong there?

I'll go ahead and tell you, it wasn't Auburn in the wrong by any means.  Unless they know something that no one on here has ever heard...

I'll go ahead and tell you, it wasn't Auburn in the wrong by any means.  Unless they know something that no one on here has ever heard...

Thank you.  I surely didn't think we would have done anything there, but it's always nice to get the confirmation  :)

The only thing I've gathered is that nothing is really happening at all. If it is, then we're not going to know anything about it. Am I missing something? Was there extra information about this Calloway stuff I haven't read? I appreciate people coming out saying that this story has legs to it, but until those legs start running, I'm not really interested because it never makes a difference.

People involved in this are scared to lose their jobs and have to worry about families. I am sure a lot of folks from N Alabama know a lot to do with this situation and you just have to find the right ones that don't have to worry if they spill their guts.

Umm what? I'm struggling to put that all together.

Maybe you are lucky enough to work for an AU grad or someone that does not care one way or the other. My 1st priority is to my family and provide for them. If my job is in jeopardy for telling things I know then I am not sure if I would tell or not. Or I would want to make sure that no one found out that it was me that told

Just so you know NW AL is not AU friendly

If you cannot understand that then I dont know what to tell you

If I worked in an environment like that I wouldn't be there PERIOD! Auburn grad, bammer grad, or any other grad. That's absolutely ridiculous and is probably grounds for a lawsuit if someone fired you because you spoke up about something illegal going on in college football. So yeah, I guess I just won't understand.

Guest jojo1515

Here is my question regarding "sources"...If you tell the "info" without naming the "source" then the "source" has nothing to lose...Especially if the "info" may never get out.  If there is info that needs to get out, get the info out.  Are these "sources" to believe that they are the only ones whith this info and if so, why in the world does no one else have it?  I am all for protecting "sources", just like all the stories we have heard come out with "unnamed sources"; but protecting the info only protects those who the info would hurt.  Are we to believe that because someone posted something on a message board that someone else told them it would cost someone their job, and if so; how would it be proven that the "unnamed source" is the person getting fired?  If there is a need to keep stories under wraps until all the info can be proven then this is acceptable....  We seem to have a continuing scenario of " I have info but protecting sources" claims with no info ever coming...This is why alot of people are tired of the game.  DISCLAIMER:  Anyone here has the right to post what they want in regards to info they may have, and I completely agree with protecting sources and keeping info quiet during an ongoing "investigation"

Just so you know NW AL is not AU friendly

^^^^^^^Amen to this^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived