J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

I don't know if this needs to be moved, but thought since he was a commit of ours at one time, it might go here since it is about recruiting..

Anyone else hear about all the stuff coming out about Calloway's recruitment to Bama? Jeff Lee broke a lot about it on WNSP this morning. $$$ paid to "Peaches", a non-booster getting involved with lots of transportation to/from Tuscaloosa, lots of excused absences from school that no other athlete got, mortgage payments made in cash, cars be given and then taken away once it got noticed, etc.

Could be a fun ride over in Tuscaloosa....

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try not to get overly interested or giddy when I hear things like this about the dykers cause it seems to never come out like I want it to.  This would be just too sweet after all the fuel they have been feeding to our fire lately.

ADMIN

Post #26965

Auburn, Ala.

I did a segment this morning on WNSP in Mobile and talked about some of the allegations surrounding the recruitment of Russellville RB/LB Brent Calloway.

I have been working on a story and spoke briefly about some my findings on the show.

Here is a quick synopsis of what I touched on this morning (and a little I didn't have time to touch on):

According to sources...

- A supporter of Alabama, not an alumni or booster, was very involved with Calloway and his recruitment. The "supporter" took Calloway to Tuscaloosa numerous times including the last weekend before Signing Day.

- Following Calloway's visit to Tuscaloosa that weekend, the "supporter" drove Calloway out of state, most likely to Florida, and kept Calloway there until returning to Russellville Wednesday for Signing Day.

- Calloway did not attend school during that span, nor did he play in a scheduled high school basketball game.

- Calloway was excused from school from then-superintendent Don Cox, who informed Russellville principal Tim Guinn that Calloway would be excused because he needed the time to make his college choice.

- No other Russellville student received excused absences to make his/her college choice.

- Cox, who is no longer superintendent, has a very close family member that works in the Alabama Athletics Department.

- Before Calloway's last trip to Alabama before Signing Day, the "supporter" is alleged to have made cash payments to Harland "Peaches" Winston, Calloway's adoptive father.

- Winston received $2,500 from the "supporter" on at least one occasion.

- In addition to the aforementioned payment, Winston was also behind on his house mortgage, but made cash payments to catch up and then asked how much it would be to pay off the mortgage.

- The "supporter" also provided Calloway with a new car, which Calloway drove to school. The first day Calloway drove the new car, it raised enough questions that it was taken back by the end of the day.

- The car was purchased by the "supporter" from a dealership in Muscle Shoals, owned by another big supporter of Alabama athletics.

- The "supporter" informed Calloway that Calloway would receive $1,200 each month while at Alabama.

There is much more to the story and I will continue to look into it. I am scheduled to talk more about it Friday morning on WNSP in Mobile

This isn't good for anybody.  Seemingly a civil war has begun between our respective fan bases.  No one wins.....

You are right . No one wins. There should never be an occasion that only one loses and it is Auburn due to the lies and crap thrown by bammers. Sometimes people reap what they have sown. May the harvest be the best ever seen.

If in fact it is true and has happened ,they did it to themselves. Unlike them, we had nothing to do with it. I'll sleep well tonight..

He claims so illegal stuff (cash exchanges) went on with BC. It seems pretty bold of him to do this considering he runs TOS. Maybe he has solid evidence? That is the only way I could rationalize it as not slander.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, just thought it was interesting.

WDE.

Well, if that isn't serendipity at it's best.  After all the junk talked by the dykers about Cam crying about msmoo and daddy making him come to AUburn and on and on and on and on.  Now it seems they have their own quandry about somebody's guardian making them do something they didn't really want to do (Brent going to the turds) but the money was just too much.  M-M-Mmmm.

This was posted on Scout. I believe he is working on the story as of now:

According to sources...

- A supporter of Alabama, not an alumni or booster, was very involved with Calloway and his recruitment. The "supporter" took Calloway to Tuscaloosa numerous times including the last weekend before Signing Day.

- Following Calloway's visit to Tuscaloosa that weekend, the "supporter" drove Calloway out of state, most likely to Florida, and kept Calloway there until returning to Russellville Wednesday for Signing Day.

- Calloway did not attend school during that span, nor did he play in a scheduled high school basketball game.

- Calloway was excused from school from then-superintendent Don Cox, who informed Russellville principal Tim Guinn that Calloway would be excused because he needed the time to make his college choice.

- No other Russellville student received excused absences to make his/her college choice.

- Cox, who is no longer superintendent, has a very close family member that works in the Alabama Athletics Department.

- Before Calloway's last trip to Alabama before Signing Day, the "supporter" is alleged to have made cash payments to Harland "Peaches" Winston, Calloway's adoptive father.

- Winston received $2,500 from the "supporter" on at least one occasion.

- In addition to the aforementioned payment, Winston was also behind on his house mortgage, but made cash payments to catch up and then asked how much it would be to pay off the mortgage.

- The "supporter" also provided Calloway with a new car, which Calloway drove to school. The first day Calloway drove the new car, it raised enough questions that it was taken back by the end of the day.

- The car was purchased by the "supporter" from a dealership in Muscle Shoals, owned by another big supporter of Alabama athletics.

- The "supporter" informed Calloway that Calloway would receive $1,200 each month while at Alabama.

Could be something to this? :timeout:

After having these types of things thrown at us for months now, I'm skeptical even of our own people. Now, if Lee has a ton of actual witnesses and it can be proven, then that's a different story...

Oh if all this can be proven and Bama heads back in front of the NCAA enforcement panel, I will climb up on the desk in my cube and do a nice little jig a-la Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout.

It's such a bold accusation, from someone who is somewhat in the public eye and is supposed to be objective, that I almost have to believe some of it, despite my skepticism. It's about time we started pointing fingers, but this could end up being a civil war type scenario where we just mudsling each other, but then again it's always been Bama ratting us out historically. It's our turn. We're coming.

I'm worried that these kind of things will go back and forth until something like what happened to Toomer's happens to one of us.

If he can prove it (and that's a big if), that will be almost as sweet as the outcome of that little football game we won in January.

We have to hope that this is one of the Yahoo Sport's scandals that is brewing, and that is where Lee is getting his information.  Those Yahoo sport's stories have a way of getting very real for the involved schools.  Otherwise I suspect home grown accusations won't mean much to the NCAA without a serious paper trail, and even then it might not become much.  

Archived