J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone think that J Lee was going to show all of his cards today??

This is the first time I have heard BC's coach come out with so many comments or maybe I have just not read previous articles about it.

"I then asked him, 'What about your dad? Have you told Peaches?' He said, 'I've told him, but he won't listen to me. He's telling me that I'm going to mess everything up, that I can't do it, that I can't go to Auburn.'"

Mess everything up??? what the payoff

Yes, sounds like Lee plans to slow play like we were done. I hope he has the goods.

JLee said he would post another article in the coming days.

OK, I may have been a bit premature when I posted earlier that it sounded like this situation was dying, and fast. However, I agree with another poster on here that the key is the mortgage---and now finding out that Peaches owns more than one house, it doesn't necessarily have to be the house in which he's living. It'd be nice to have a house that you're renting out and not having to make mortgage payments on it---that's clear profit there. I do question the principal of the school excusing absences for the 2 days Brent was in FL. According to an article I read, he stated that was not unusual, and stated that he often times granted excused absences for hunting trips, etc. I would like to find the Alabama state policy that gives a principal that kind of leeway on excusing absences for hunting trips, or to let someone think about where he's going to college. This may be starting to get good. I also have to wonder, as a poster put on this thread earlier, that Finebaum is ripping this Stancil fellow a new one. To me, that means something is up. I don't believe Finebaum is a Bama fan as much as he is a Nick Saban fan, and he doesn't want anything to possibly ruin little Nicky's stay in Turdtown.

Talking about excused absences, my granddaughter and my grandson (both now at Auburn) could get them almost anytime the wanted.  It depends on your grades, and class standing.  The better they are the better your chances of getting excused .

FB is only a little nicky fan because he knows that the bammers worship him and he knows they will call into his show to continue the worshiping which makes him money.

I wouldn;t be a bit surprised if PF is on the payroll as well.

Not directly, if PF makes the bammers happy then he will earn more.

I feel bad for the kid

Yup.  I can't say that JLee shouldn't have brought things up if they turn out to be true, but no matter which way this situation goes, things might be really difficult for Calloway for the near term. 

just posted a link in the Calloway update thread, to XXX latest on the situation, he's starting to dig a little

Talking about excused absences, my granddaughter and my grandson (both now at Auburn) could get them almost anytime the wanted.  It depends on your grades, and class standing.  The better they are the better your chances of getting excused .

That's NOT the case in most schools. Grades have nothing to do with it. My son is a 4.0 GPA in the gifted student program,has never been a discipline problem, is considered an outstanding student, and he has no special privileges as far as leaving school to go to Florida with a man who is not his father, for a mini-vacation with the superintendent's blessings. Get real. No student gets that kind of leeway without some kind of shady business going on somewhere.

In order to maintain accreditation,and meet legal mandates, schools must require students to attend a specific number of days. They will give parents a few days each semester, and then any further absences must be excused by a Doctor, or something such as a death or serious family situation. My son's school gives 5 parent excuses per semester, which INCLUDES tardies, so if you have car trouble, you have to use a parent excuse. Going out of town is NOT an excuse unless it's for a funeral or a serious situation like a parent getting cancer treatment out of town. If your kid goes over the allotted days and doesn't bring a Dr.'s excuse, then the kid gets zeros for the missed day and has an in-school suspension immediately, with additional zeros also for the day served in suspension. The school will then notify the truancy officer. MOST schools do not play around with absences now.

In a PRIVATE school....things may be somewhat different, but they still have to meet accreditation standards.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Like the cyber punch, BTW.  :thumbsup:

Okay, here's how things work in county schools, such as Russellville.  The principal of the school CAN excuse absences that have been pre-approved.  Take my family for instance.  We decided to go to Auburn to watch the NCG.  Since I wanted to leave on Sunday and return on Tuesday, my girls were going to miss two days of school.  I met with the principal and told him my plans.  He excused their absences.  Lucky for us though, it snowed and school was cancelled all week that week. I'm sure that these principals take into consideration students attendance, grades, etc. before preapproving absences, but it does happen.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with it legally speaking.

Archived