CFN Predictions

NLAuburn

Last year, after about 3 games. Someone on here said Newton would win the Heisman and Auburn would go undefeated. I laughed and said even thou I would love both, we were probably going to lose a couple games and that if Cam did win the Heisman, it would be in the next season (this season).Man was I wrong! Everyone who are supposed to know what they are talking about, were wrong (so was I , but I don't know nothing and ain't expected too). Everytime someone says we are going to have a rough year, I think of last year, and say "We'll see."

:wareagle:

I can't blame anybody from the outside thinking that.  Obviously, they're forgetting about Auburn's top 5 recruiting efforts the past two years and the underrated coaching staff.  That said, Auburn's depth isn't deep yet and though there's probably more talent on the team now, there's not enough experience.  

If Auburn stays healthy this season, I believe Auburn will be fighting for the SEC Championship, but if key players get hurt (Dyer and McCalebb for example), all bets are off.

The prediction might not be far off this year. Who knows. The losses on the OL might hurt. Most everyone has rebuilding years eventually. Ours just comes after a NC year. No biggie.

@SWestBrook ... LOL @ your avatar. hah!

I'm ready to see what the Vegas odds are this year bc last year some people made some cash off the over under for wins

Collegefootballnews.com has predicted Auburn to finish 7-5 and be ranked out of the top 25 by the end of the season.  How's that for some posterboard material?

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1061895.html

they have us losing, to usc arky, lsu, florida, , and,  bammer, first off, usc, arky, and lsu are tough but no way we lose to florida, , as for bammer, is everyone forgetting bamma has a new qb too

No different than any other site has us right now. Who knows.. could be a fair assessment.. Time will tell. :thumbsup:

Its fair enough... Auburn could very well be a 7-5 team... although in 2009 we lost 3 games by 7 points or less... including a 5 point loss to the national champs.

Auburn very well could have finished 10-3 this past year but found a way to win in crunch time.

If the 2011 team can find ways to win, it could be the difference between a 7-5 season and a 10-2 season. As you said Westie, Time will tell.

I can't blame anybody from the outside thinking that.  Obviously, they're forgetting about Auburn's top 5 recruiting efforts the past two years and the underrated coaching staff.  That said, Auburn's depth isn't deep yet and though there's probably more talent on the team now, there's not enough experience.  

If Auburn stays healthy this season, I believe Auburn will be fighting for the SEC Championship, but if key players get hurt (Dyer and McCalebb for example), all bets are off.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. The big problem will be the OL I'm not sure that any of us really appreciate how good our OL was last year. But I do love how the talent level seems to be on the rise. Whatever the results next year (hopefully a repeat of last year) I would not want AU on my schedule for the next several years!!

Collegefootballnews.com has predicted Auburn to finish 7-5 and be ranked out of the top 25 by the end of the season.  How's that for some posterboard material?

they have us losing, to usc arky, lsu, florida, , and,  bammer, first off, usc, arky, and lsu are tough but no way we lose to florida, , as for bammer, is everyone forgetting bamma has a new qb too

The new quarterback discussion is one that could go on forever with opposing fans. Arky has a new QB, Florida has an unproven qb in Brantley.

Bama and Auburn have new qb's. So does Ole Miss.

Clemson has a new qb, and they are not in the West, but still an important early season test for Auburn. The SEC as a whole might be the most balanced I have seen in a long time with new quarterbacks and a chance for every team to be pretty good and eveen

The new quarterback discussion is one that could go on forever with opposing fans. Arky has a new QB, Florida has an unproven qb in Brantley.

Bama and Auburn have new qb's. So does Ole Miss.

Clemson has a new qb, and they are not in the West, but still an important early season test for Auburn. The SEC as a whole might be the most balanced I have seen in a long time with new quarterbacks and a chance for every team to be pretty good

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. The big problem will be the OL I'm not sure that any of us really appreciate how good our OL was last year. But I do love how the talent level seems to be on the rise. Whatever the results next year (hopefully a repeat of last year) I would not want AU on my schedule for the next several years!!

With the talent Auburn has, it would take long for the experience to kick in. Auburn will get better and better with each rep, and if they suffer a few losses in 2011, thats ok because the future looks very bright

I agree even if we had every starter returning with all the new players coming in it would be difficult to go undefeated again, I just hope it is a small dip in the road and fully believe that is all we will face.  :cool:

I know we all expect to win every game we play, but come on let's be realistic. We lost a LOT of great players off of a National Championship team.  8-4, 7-5 are very realistic for a young in-experienced team that we will have this fall.  I mean we only have 50 scholarship players on campus right now.  With 4 new starters on the OL, New QB, New WR's, New DL, New MLB, secondary, etc... it's a lot to ask of them to go on the road and win more than 2 of those 5 games, plus maybe 1 of the Florida, and Bama games, and we'll probably be 7-5 or 8-4. 

I know we all expect to win every game we play, but come on let's be realistic. We lost a LOT of great players off of a National Championship team.  8-4, 7-5 are very realistic for a young in-experienced team that we will have this fall.  I mean we only have 50 scholarship players on campus right now.  With 4 new starters on the OL, New QB, New WR's, New DL, New MLB, secondary, etc... it's a lot to ask of them to go on the road and win more than 2 of those 5 games, plus maybe 1 of the Florida, and Bama games, and we'll probably be 7-5 or 8-4. 

I agree that predicting another undefeated season is a little out there.  But we didn't lose a lot of players from an 8-4 team  :dunno:

I don't think 8-4 is an unreasonable prediction for this season, though.

Archived