2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the updated recruiting thread on 12-26-13 it said Ricky was back on the team as a walk on. Good news. Anymore news regarding this?

offered as walk-on spot but he would be next in line for a scholly.

Not necessarily. He has to earn Gus's trust back to get the scholly. Don't think it's a given he is next in line.

If he is returning to the team as a walk-on does this thread need to be here or over in the Football forum? Since this doesnt really have anything to do with recruiting....

There are Parks threads over there. When he is officially on campus the convo can be picked up over there.

How many years does Ricky have left? I hope he has 3 good years left to play.

He was a Redshirt Freshman when he started this year at Auburn before he was dismissed. He will be a Redshirt Soph next season and will have 3 years to play 3.

I remember how happy we were to have this guy and Darrion Hutchinson (sp?). Hate the way things went but glad to have him back. Not sure why he was dismissed and considering about an entire year of this thread is "missing" I suppose no reason to ask. I assume that because he is back means that it was far from a violent offense - at least I hope that is the case. People spoke very highly of him coming out of high school - the type of person he was and his work ethic. I hope to see this out of him!

WDE Ricky - welcome back and make the most of an opportunity many on here would have given up everything for!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys like Ricky could be a force based on sheer drive and hunger. I hope he's able to make it happen!

Ricky Parks ‏@RickyParks46 1h

Feels so great to be starting this day as an Auburn Tiger again. Glad to be back, War Damn!

Good the hear. Not to sound ignorant but I take it he is back on campus now?

That's what his tweet is saying. Have not heard it from anywhere else yet though.

I remember how happy we were to have this guy and Darrion Hutchinson (sp?). Hate the way things went but glad to have him back. Not sure why he was dismissed and considering about an entire year of this thread is "missing" I suppose no reason to ask. I assume that because he is back means that it was far from a violent offense - at least I hope that is the case. People spoke very highly of him coming out of high school - the type of person he was and his work ethic. I hope to see this out of him!

WDE Ricky - welcome back and make the most of an opportunity many on here would have given up everything for!

Gus said all those that left were their decision. He told them what it would take, some did not want to give it at the time.

It's been clearly stated that he would be given the opportunity to walk on. If so, he should be expected to be on campus now because classes start in a few days. If he doesn't start class, he's out forever so him being around should be no surprise.

Classes actually started yesterday (Wednesday) morning. I believe you can enroll up til the 15th class day (so basically any time this month) but obviously if he plans on taking courses this semester it would be expected that he's here now. Glad to see him back assuming his tweet is true (don't know why he'd tweet it if it wasn't).

Archived